CM3 is NFL sack leader...for now.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the sole concern of the NFL was the integrity of it’s product it would correct a situation which the vast majority of its customers viewed as lacking integrity.

The vast majority of the NFL's customers have already largely forgotten...

The NFL isn't going to get into the business of overturning results the next day. It sets a bad precedent that would become problematic in the future: bad calls happen; they can't all be fixed; results stand. Concern for its product may not have been the NFL's only concern but in this instance, it was clearly determinative.

The integrity of its product was already compromised when the NFL decided to lock out its regular officials over a relatively paltry sum of money. But regardless of the situation with the officials, the league isn't going to upend a result. How well do you think that plays out? --Every fanbase with a gripe over something like a missed pass interference at a critical juncture in the game will begin to feel slighted when the NFL fails to take steps on its own to "correct" the result... There's currently a system in place for coaches to challenge officiating blunders and many plays are automatically reviewed. The league doesn't want to take additional steps to adjudicate the results of its games after-the-fact and the decision makes perfect sense given the nature of the product.

And here’s a way to avoid reading my “lectures”: Ignore my posts. After all complaining about reading lectures while continuing to do so would be stupid.

C'mon, I enjoy most of your posts. You're one of the best contributors on this forum (if not the best). But I won't nod along where I think there's an error in reasoning. I'm sorry if that makes me frustrating and I'm sorry that we disagree. The "follow the money," gambling angle strikes me as a mistaken place to start when considering the NFL's decision not to overturn the Packers/Seahawks game. I'll stop posting under this topic.

Members online

Latest posts