1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Clemens.. Liar or Persecuted?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Pack93z, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    After watching the interview, I have to say I think the guy is guilty as charged in the Mitchell report. His body language to me looked as a trapped person looking for a way out of the mess.

Your thoughts?

2. Packers_Finland

Packers_Finland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He's guilty. There's no doubt in my mind about it.

3. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think he probably did something, but to base it on the testimony of a guy facing jail time if he didn't talk is ridiculous to me. The evidence in the report isn't enough to convict someone in court, so I say he's still innocent until proven guilty.

Another thing.
    Jose Canseco testified to congress, giving names of players he says took steroids. Now he has a new book coming out, and he's going to name more names. Shouldn't he have giving those names to congress when he testified? Isn't withholding that information a form of perjury? He hasn't been in the game since he testified, so he couldn't have firsthand knowledge of any new players who were using.

4. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Agreed, but Canseco got immunity for talking in the first place.. so now he is free to "cash in" on his stories. He is a complete snake in the grass... however he is blowing the issue wide open for that price.

5. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ahhhh...I forgot he got immunity. I wonder if congress will call for yet another round of testimonies after his new book comes out. That last session was probably one of the hardest things to watch.

6. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Look at his body build.........i think he's guilty, but i don't have all the "facts". I'd need more proof then i have seen if i was on a jury.

8. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Guilty.

Now we'll see if the media is as ruthless on him as they were on Bonds.

9. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
  10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think he is guilty too........but i will give him the benefit of the doubt until all the facts are shown to us. Although i wonder if we will ever really see all the facts.

11. HawkBeliever

HawkBeliever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Guilty. Kinda makes things like him throwing broken baseball bats at baserunners make more sense. The dude has been able to use his status to get out of consequences his whole life. I think he thought he could make it all go away by merely saying he didn't do it. But baseball has us in the fool me twice, shame on us stage. I hope he is not allowed to get anywhere near Cooperstown...

12. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I'll have a more firm opinion after the senate hearings. I want to see what Clemens says and how he says it in the hearings. If they gather as much evidence against him as they have against Bonds, then they'll go after him as well. We'll see. I felt somewhat sympathetic for McGwire until the hearings, where he completely lost any and all credibility.

13. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    NO doubt hes guilty, just like half of major league baseball. First he "never injected anything" then he just "injected B12". this is the same crap bonds pulled.

14. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hell ya he is guilty

15. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    If this evidence contains what is claimed.. Roger is going down in the eyes of fans and probably spending a little jail time for lying in his deposition.

Not good for the Rocket.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/02/06/mcnamee.apevidence.ap/index.html

16. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Huge Yankee fan here..GUILTY.........In my mind he's a Red Sox and will always be one..............Dont like him at all.

17. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    THANK YOU LORD, FOR ANOTHER YANKEE FAN ON THIS BOARD!!!
    Haha! Anyways, I think he's going down. I started as "innocent until proven guilty", but now I'm sure he's guilty, especially with Pettitte saying what he said.

I knew Clemens coming back to NY last season would be bad. He was a complete waste of money. We should have ignored the Joba Rules and put him right into the rotation.

18. mkapp

mkapp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Its too odd that he is at tip top shape and 40-something. Especially considering how long he has played, his body should be on the downslide, not the upswing. Steroids or HGH are in the mix somewhere, imo.

19. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hate roger clemens, the only texas Longhorn I hate. he is all for the money couldnt be anymore obvious. He has a cafe here in houston, I will never go to it

20. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    BLEEP Him.......damn Dead Sock.

21. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    The hearing is on ESPN now.

22. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,975
  23. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,975
    Andy Pettitte testified to congress, that Roger admitted to Andy that he used HGH, then a few years later Roger denied using it..

24. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,975
    My guess is Roger is guilty..

To much stuff is now being said for something NOT to be there..

One thing that makes some sense is this..

if he was retired no testing, but if he part of a team, he is tested..

I heard that HE was using some sort of drug, and he wanted it completely gone from his body before he would announce he is coming out of retirement.

25. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I started to watch the hearings, but as soon as Clemens began giving his opening statement I turned the channel. This hearing is going to lead to very bad things for him.