1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Clayton: Packers will regret Favre's departure

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by pack_in_black, Mar 4, 2008.

1. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ESPN

I just.... . did John watch any games, or see Rodgers ever? Or listen to the voicemail on Mort's phone or anything relevant to this situation? I say no.

2. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I agree with what he said, for the most part.

This next year, Rodgers will be functional. Has a first year starter ever made it to the Superbowl? I am not positive but I don't think so.

It definately hurts our chances and our management has already stated that.

3. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Ben Roethlisberger comes to mind...

4. packersfan4life

packersfan4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I still say look at Phillip Rivers in San Diego after Brees left. Granted they had LT, but it's not too far fetched

5. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Roethlisberger had two things that Rodgers doesn't, a dominant running game and a dominant defense.

We can have both, but a couple of guys have to really step up in order to do so. Cliff Christl always said that people won't truly appreciate how great Favre was until he's gone. I guess we'll get to see whether he's right about that (I, for one, think he is).

6. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This is what the media is going to say. Prepare for an off season of Packer bashing because nobody believes in this team without Favre.

To be fair, Clayton isn't saying they can't be good but he doesn't believe they'll be as good or elite in the NFC.

Truth be told I think the Packers are going to be ok and should be favorite to win the division. With that said, with Favre I put us #3 behind Colts and Patriots going into the season. Without him, I drop the Packers behind Colts, Patriots, Chargers, Cowboys, Giants, and Jaguars for sure.

7. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Call me ignorant, optimistic, or just a Favre hater(you guys know I love him), but I see Favre's impact on this franchise as more of the sentimental kind.

Rodge has, imo the same physical tools that Brett had last year, minus a few mph on the fastball. And Aaron is more mobile than Brett's been recently.

Sure, Rodgers will have his mistakes. But I have high hopes for the D, and we saw what the ground game can do when the linemen execute. And we all know what our wideouts are capable of.

IMO, this season's success depends more on team health than it does the ability of Rodgers vs. Favre.

8. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Tom Brady?

9. jessefly

jessefly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ive wanted to see rodgers play for a while now...and id let him take the job

but im honestly crushed for a few days now that bretts gone :(

10. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i agree with pack_in_black. My only concern w/ Rodgers is that he seems prone to injury, but as a back up, maybe you baby the scrapes on your knees or paper cuts a little more than if you're relied upon as the head cheese.

It's only one game, but he performed admirably against Dallas, showed a lot of mobility and managed that particular game much better than Favre.

From the limited performances we've seen from Aaron, I'm optomistic about the Packer's chances under him.

11. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Yes sir. Others probably have done it too.

12. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    He actually made the SB in his second year.

13. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Playing QB is more mental than physical. (See Michael Vick)

14. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Excellent post.

15. ftwuno

ftwuno Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    it was his first