1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Clay worth

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Dec 19, 2012.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    6 years 75 million?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  2. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I'd like a 7th year added, team-option.
    If his bloodlines are anything like his dad, or uncle, he might be a 15-year stud.

But 6 more would be a great thing.....

3. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    A quick look shows that three years ago, Ware extended his contract for 6 years, $40M guaranteed, total value of $79M (just over $13M/yr). Three years later, I don't think we'll extend Matthews for less than that. Of course, that's the Cowboys. But it was also 3 years ago, and Matthews is every bit the player Ware is, and then some. If that's what it takes, and I think it will be, we still have to close that deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Whatever it takes, it needs to get done. His impact on our defense (even though it's garbage) is night and day. We can't get pressure for anything when he's not in there.

5. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,409
    It should be in that ballpark, but you have to discount some for these chronic hamstring problems. They are an annual occurrence and are a truncated-career-risk down the road. That might be resolved with a little less guaranteed money. In the end, Matthews is in the drivers seat, especially with Woodson nearing the end of the line...he'll be the lone face of the defense and, let's face it, our only true impact D player.

6. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    That would be great, HRE. Still, if he were on the open market, I doubt that he'd have to take a discount for the hamstring issues. Put it on Mark Lovat and Pepper Burris.

7. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    I'd offer clay: Unlimited sides of beef, 10000 gallons of protein shakes, a new olympic weight set with 2500 lbs of weights, 12 big breasted blondes, and the blue ray dvd copy of the predator movie. He will jump on that like a fat girl on a pizza

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,010
    a pack of trident layers should do the trick!!!