1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Clay Matthews's grandfather

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Oct 21, 2014.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
  2. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    A good sense of humor goes a long way in most situations. I hope that Clay still gets to spend time with his grandfather despite the rigors of being a professional athlete. Not everyone gets to really know their grandparents, especially when they are still spry.

3. ls1bob

ls1bob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +96
    Dementia is a tough disease to deal with. My mom was diagnosed with it a couple of years ago and it is tough to see someone you love change from day to day and they believe nothing is wrong.Equally as tough knowing that she can't enjoy watching my 18 month old grow up(I am an only child and he is my only child) because she forgets from day to day what he does and sometimes she starts arguments for no reason and we don't want that around our son. It is so so sad

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +567
    It is sad.
    We went through that with my paternal Grandmother when I was in my early teen years.
    It was hard for me to accept that my Grandmother didn't know who I was anymore.
    Back in those days they didn't call it Alzheimers and there were no nursing homes or care organizations to help deal with it.
    It was tough on all involved.