Clay Matthews Workout Routine- Absolute BEAST!

packattack10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay Matthews Workout Training Routine- MMA MMAthletics to Improve Strength Speed and Intensity

I think that MMA training is really getting way more popular with athletes. Look at the people who rely on it: Matthews, Jared Allen and Brian Cushing, and look at the types of players they've become.

In my opinion, I think the entire Packers team should train with Matthews and do MMA!

It's an interesting concept and starting to get more recognition.

Thought you guys may find that interesting. I'm new to this forum so I hope to be a big member one day! I'm the biggest Clay Matthews fan around. GO PACK!!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ninja Clay attacks from behind!!! :)

This is a really good idea. Not only for the physical aspects but the mental ones as well. It will improve their mental focus, agility, flexibility, breathing, and strength. I wonder if they also use meditation with their training. I was taught that meditation and the martial arts often go hand in hand. Total mental control, total control over every breath you take and every move you make. Usually a half hour of mediation before and after a training session. Whether they use meditation or not for their training, the martial arts alone will help them immensely. Now when I watch Clay play, I'm going to be looking for different influences of the martial arts in his play style!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan Grant did MMA training in the off-season as well. It's one of the reasons I was so bummed for him when he went down for the season. I would have loved to have seen how much it changed his ability to run the ball this year.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Grant looked good in the opener, until he got tackled with the same effect as a horse collar.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan Grant did MMA training in the off-season as well. It's one of the reasons I was so bummed for him when he went down for the season. I would have loved to have seen how much it changed his ability to run the ball this year.

yea Ryan Grant was looking ready to kill it this season

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The one concern I have about Grant is no matter how much you build up your body, he was still getting his bell rung a lot and dropping balls. That is my concern with Grant.

Reaction score
The one concern I have about Grant is no matter how much you build up your body, he was still getting his bell rung a lot and dropping balls. That is my concern with Grant.

He isn't a good pass catching runningback. That's why he dropped balls. He got his bell rung a couple times because he kept fighting for yards and was open to shots. That doen't matter one bit because he always came back like 4 plays later.

OP
OP
P

packattack10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just saw hillis walk to the podium for draft pick. i wonder who would win in a fight: hillis or matthews? lol

Members online

Latest posts