Clay Matthews v TJ Watt v Kevin King

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, I know, im beating a dead horse.. but its weird how chain reactions happen. if we paid hayward and hyde, would we of had a no brainer pick for TJ Watt? and then this year stay at 14 for Derwin James....MY God. I like Alexander very much, but Watt and James vs Alexander, King, and Jackson is just sick. I quess my point is not so much bad drafting, just after time how stuff ends up.
Hey I agree, but it’s too painful to play What If, especially the ideal scenario you depict. Although with Hyde and Hayward, they only became semi-great players when they left and were allowed to play their natural positions. Never would’ve happened in GB under MM. And I’m ok getting Alexander instead of James, although I wouldn’t have admitted that on draft day. Alexander has exceeded expectations. So I guess there’s something to celebrate. We’re getting kinda desperate!

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i guess to see it fully play out, we need to wait and see the Saints pick at 32. Gute did great getting that extra pick, maybe a poor mans Watt or James will be there! Im hopeful.

D

Deleted member 6794

I see Kevin King is unavailable, again, for the game against the hags. What is the problem with this guy? Is he too fragile for the NFL, a victim of bad luck, is there any chance that he ever completes 12 to 16 games a season? I’d take 12.

And on top of that, I’ve been OK, but certainly not overwhelmed with his performance when he is playing. That may have to do with lingering injuries, but that doesn’t help. I never expected the second coming of Richard Sherman, but physically he’s close - tall, big wingspan, speed. Geez what’s up? At least we’re getting a stellar rookie season from Alexander, but is it worth holding a roster spot for a guy who can’t play anyway? To sum it up, I expect King will have a short career, short of a miracle. And looking ahead to next year, and hopefully a lot of cap space, the Packers can address CB in FA, and get one of the top edge rushers in what is supposed to be a deep class at that position.

King has had bad luck with injuries but there's absolutely no reason for the Packers to move on from him. As it seems now the team won't have to address cornerback next offseason.

Members online

Latest posts