1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Clay Matthews Sacks 2012

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Wood Chipper, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    Clay Matthews is our Ray Lewis

2. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    Can he? Absolutely. Will he? Prob not. Like Woodson said, he could have a lot more sacks if the Packers didn't drop him into coverage like they do. But he can do both well, sometimes he needs to rush, other times he needs to cover. I could care less about the individual achievements of our guys, I just want more rings. And if them needing to give double teams to Matthews to stop him and he doesn't get one more sack for the rest of the year, I'm cool with that as long as our other guys like Worthy, Daniels, Raji, Perry, Walden, Smith and Hawk can start disrupting the backfield by winning their one-on-ones created by the attention paid to CM3. Fine by me.

3. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    LOL! Individual achievements are for teams like the Vikings and Jags who can't win anyway?

4. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Perry got fewer snaps than Walden, and about the same as Dezman Moses, but Perry did good. I focused on him many times.
    All 4 of the OLB's looked good. Frank Zombo won't ever see the field again unless there are some injuries there.
    These guys have added a lot to our defense, combined with Worthy being active in the middle, things looked like we want them to last night.

5. Iron Lion

Iron Lion Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Bears forums accusing Matthews of roiding up because of his guns.

"seriously is this guy not on roids ? he single handily manhandled and ran around j webb (and maybe j webb isn't the best LT but the guy is one of the strongest players on our team) the guy wasn't even tired pushing around 310 pounds for 3 hours. I honestly believe he is on something and I bet last year pushed him to do it I just see it in his character. just food for though I guess."

And then someone stepped in:

"So by that logic pretty much every defender Webb has ever faced is on roids. Just sayin...."

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Walden started, Perry didnt

7. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    Walden's got a lot more experience, so not surprised he started over Perry

8. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    Walden started because he looks better this year than last year though. Not because of his experience.

Right now, Walden > Perry

9. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    You can't expect too much from Perry, cut him some slacks. He will get better with experience, give him some time. I believe in his potential to fulfill a great role on this defense.

10. TurkishPacker

TurkishPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Clay Matthews is our team spirit.

I believe, he can.

11. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    I predict that he will be in double figures by the end of the 3rd qtr against the hawks

12. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    I think realistically he has a shot anyone that can get over a quarter of the way there in two games has a shot. I will reserve my guess as to if he actually does it when he hits 15 or so.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2