Clay Matthews Sacks 2012

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can he? Absolutely. Will he? Prob not. Like Woodson said, he could have a lot more sacks if the Packers didn't drop him into coverage like they do. But he can do both well, sometimes he needs to rush, other times he needs to cover. I could care less about the individual achievements of our guys, I just want more rings. And if them needing to give double teams to Matthews to stop him and he doesn't get one more sack for the rest of the year, I'm cool with that as long as our other guys like Worthy, Daniels, Raji, Perry, Walden, Smith and Hawk can start disrupting the backfield by winning their one-on-ones created by the attention paid to CM3. Fine by me.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Can he? Absolutely. Will he? Prob not. Like Woodson said, he could have a lot more sacks if the Packers didn't drop him into coverage like they do. But he can do both well, sometimes he needs to rush, other times he needs to cover. I could care less about the individual achievements of our guys, I just want more rings. And if them needing to give double teams to Matthews to stop him and he doesn't get one more sack for the rest of the year, I'm cool with that as long as our other guys like Worthy, Daniels, Raji, Perry, Walden, Smith and Hawk can start disrupting the backfield by winning their one-on-ones created by the attention paid to CM3. Fine by me.
LOL! Individual achievements are for teams like the Vikings and Jags who can't win anyway?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where was Nick Perry tonight? Seems like he hardly played at all. Waldon did a pretty good job at the other OLB I thought.
Perry got fewer snaps than Walden, and about the same as Dezman Moses, but Perry did good. I focused on him many times.
All 4 of the OLB's looked good. Frank Zombo won't ever see the field again unless there are some injuries there.
These guys have added a lot to our defense, combined with Worthy being active in the middle, things looked like we want them to last night.

Reaction score
Bears forums accusing Matthews of roiding up because of his guns.

"seriously is this guy not on roids ? he single handily manhandled and ran around j webb (and maybe j webb isn't the best LT but the guy is one of the strongest players on our team) the guy wasn't even tired pushing around 310 pounds for 3 hours. I honestly believe he is on something and I bet last year pushed him to do it I just see it in his character. just food for though I guess."

And then someone stepped in:

"So by that logic pretty much every defender Webb has ever faced is on roids. Just sayin...."

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Perry got fewer snaps than Walden, and about the same as Dezman Moses, but Perry did good. I focused on him many times.
All 4 of the OLB's looked good. Frank Zombo won't ever see the field again unless there are some injuries there.
These guys have added a lot to our defense, combined with Worthy being active in the middle, things looked like we want them to last night.

Walden started, Perry didnt

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't expect too much from Perry, cut him some slacks. He will get better with experience, give him some time. I believe in his potential to fulfill a great role on this defense.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's such a hard record to break. Players go cold in sacks for weeks sometimes. Could he? Sure. But it's gotta be double this before I give it a realistic thought.
I predict that he will be in double figures by the end of the 3rd qtr against the hawks

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think realistically he has a shot anyone that can get over a quarter of the way there in two games has a shot. I will reserve my guess as to if he actually does it when he hits 15 or so.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts