Clay Matthews on Peppers, thumb, Capers, Kevin Greene, ect

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Q: It's an interesting time to be an NFC North pass rusher. Peppers goes from the Bears to the Packers. Jared Allen goes from the Vikings to the Bears.

Matthews: I saw something on the Internet: 'Hey, is Clay coming to Minnesota?' No.

HAAAAAHAHAHA! no.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Q: How's the thumb?

A: It's going well. I had surgery (Dec. 24), and I maybe got (the pins) out late January. Almost immediately, I pushed myself to get back in the gym. Obviously, I had to be smart. But it started with rigorous physical therapy three times a week, just because the way in which I injured it wasn't like a typical break. We had to treat it more like a soft tissue injury — like an ACL or something — because it required manipulating the tendon and drilling holes in bones and this and that. I asked my team doctor, 'When's the last time you've seen this injury in the NFL?' Couldn't name one. That's why when you deal with (people saying), 'Brett Favre played with a broken thumb.' My thumb was out here! There's no way he could even grip a ball! I have a good picture I can show anyone of my hand after surgery. It honestly looks like I got a shark attack.

Wish I had this when stupid fans told me he should have played.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I just hope he comes fully healthy when the season starts. I hope that thumb problem doesnt become a lingering issue with him.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts