Clay Matthews linked to painkiller

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I´m not sure that´s what you meant but Guion was suspended for the first three games last season. The league handed out four game bans to Pennel and Goodson this offseason though.

LOL....You are correct, it is Pennel this year, Guion last year.......I just need to erase that whole post, since it was obviously written in the middle of a brain fart.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL....You are correct, it is Pennel this year, Guion last year.......I just need to erase that whole post, since it was obviously written in the middle of a brain fart.
If you're going to do it, just release them all in one place I say. Or you can crop dust. That has a pretty cool effect too :)

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are painkillers illegal, though? What's the point of this story? I'm sure most of these guys take pain pills fairly often. Are they breaking a rule? If not... Why are we talking about it?

D

Deleted member 6794

The NFL will suspend Matthews and Peppers if they don't provide interviews on the PED allegations until August 25th.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is such BS and not because it involves packer players, but because it is. This notion that if you're innocent you should have no problem just submitting xyz to those trying to determine guilt or innocence is junk. Whether you're a football player or a custodian, if you have probable cause, get your warrant and proceed. If you don't have probable cause, get it, or go looking elsewhere.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, who negotiated this sorry deal for the NFLPA during the last CBA that basically says, 'Roger Goodell can do whatever he wants all of the time. ' ?

Never ever before the most recent CBA have I seen players so arbitrarily suspended with completely arbitrary penalties.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, who negotiated this sorry deal for the NFLPA during the last CBA that basically says, 'Roger Goodell can do whatever he wants all of the time. ' ?
Never ever before the most recent CBA have I seen players so arbitrarily suspended with completely arbitrary penalties.
The CBA does have a process for PED investigations. The NFL is using their win in the Brady Deflategate case to do an end around around the restrictions of the CBA. Specifically the league can investigate anyone at anytime and if they feel the player is not forthcoming, he can be suspended for failure to cooperate with the investigation.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-to-force-cooperation-with-ped-investigation/

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What sucks is that the nflpa will not allow them to testify. They are too far invested to break precedent even if the players wanted to.

Something tells me this is not going away. We can be missing 5 defensive starters all in the box week 1.

What a mess. And to boot, we were projected to have a top tier d this season.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matthews and Peppers even said they were waiting and willing to interview the first day of camp. And why these allegations are even still relevant is beyond me when they were found false with Manning. I guess just do the song and dance and get the players in there by the 25th.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The issue is that with the rice, peterson, and ongoing Brady situation, the players association canto allow the nfl to interview in this manner, or risk losing player confidence.

Essentially, they are going to make these guys martyrs until it goes to court. Goodell has all the cards currently based on my understanding

Reaction score
I think there's a conspiracy against our OLB group.
I also heard that CM3 and Peppers were indirectly involved in the disappearance of the Lindbergh baby

D

Deleted member 6794

I think it's bogus as well especially as the league doesn't habe any proof about Matthews or Peppers using PEDs as well as the accuser having withdrawn his allegations.

Unfortunately the NFLPA granted the league way too many rights in the current CBA and it's possible the Packers are paying for it this time.

Something tells me this is not going away. We can be missing 5 defensive starters all in the box week 1.

I'm not sure who you're talking about as of right now Pennel is the only defensive starter not being able to play in week 1 because of his suspension.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is such BS and not because it involves packer players, but because it is. This notion that if you're innocent you should have no problem just submitting xyz to those trying to determine guilt or innocence is junk. Whether you're a football player or a custodian, if you have probable cause, get your warrant and proceed. If you don't have probable cause, get it, or go looking elsewhere.

Did the custodian's union agree to the conditions?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did the custodian's union agree to the conditions?
oh boy, here we go. You're one of those types that thinks the freedoms we enjoy in America only apply when you want them to, and you actually believe you can just sign them away with an employee contract. First off, the wording is so vague, they will be going thru the courts to resolve it. What constitutes "cooperation"? Submitting every last demand? or a sworn affidavit? Not everything in a contract is legal.

considering the courts seem to side with those with the money more often than not, i'm sure this will be common place for everyone very soon. before suspicion required proof and it had to be demonstrated that there was enough to go gather more. Now, we just need an allegation. Won't be long till unnamed sources start making allegations just to keep players in line with the company lock and step.

I'm sorry, any employer anywhere under any circumstances should have no more power than to ask if you did something, and as a free American citizen you are required to answer or not. Period. If they suspect more, than prove it. Yes some people will get away with things, but it's certainly better than giving such a huge tool to control the masses that will just lead to more power and more corruption within a small entity.

It started with a couple people that did some very bad things on tape, then it moved on to Brady not turning over a cell phone and now it's based on recanted words for a defunct "news" outlet. What's next?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts