Clay Matthews linked to painkiller

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
buried in the Peyton manning uses HGH report is the dr saying he supplied Matthews with painkillers, should be a story to follow.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Toradol isnt a powerful pain killer...its high dose of advil technically.

Percs are strong depending on amount...

If he took during a game not sure how he could function

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reporting source is Al Jazeera in an interview with Sly, the source who says that he dispensed the stuff for his company. So there you are with a single source making accusations that have yet to be substantiated. Not real news yet in my opinion.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
So a seed has been planted and we'll now have to listen to these goobers beat it to death when in reality ... everyone already knows this stuff goes down in the NFL and largely doesn't care. Now the talking heads have byline material and the feeding frenzy begins ad nauseum.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
probably a safe bet that at least 1/4 of every team is using something they shouldn't be

good that the only two linked to anything that may've been illegal, neal and peppers, don't really need to be on the team next year

Last edited:

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The source behind the allegations (Charlie Sly) has retracted his statement.

"In the documentary, Sly also mentioned Philadelphia Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard, Washington Nationals infielder Ryan Zimmerman and boxer Mike Tyson as athletes who received HGH shipments from him while he worked at the Guyer Institute.

Sly said he was "testing" Al Jazeera's undercover reporter by dropping "names like Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter, Ryan Howard and James Harrison." He said none were clients. While Manning, Howard and Harrison were mentioned in Al Jazeera's HGH investigation, Jeter was not.

"When I realized Al Jazeera was using a secret taping and Collins as a so-called investigative reporter, I was baffled," Sly said. "I cannot believe that can happen. That's why I recanted the story. It wasn't true, and I was trying to pull one over on Collins to see if he had any idea of what he was talking about."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ks-peyton-manning-other-pro-athletes-use-peds

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching Peyton now. The whole thing is a lie, a fbriction, yet it still gets published. Al freakin' Jazeera no less.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Sadly, the media/internet often puts high profile people into a position of "Guilty until proven innocent".

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yes, "nice" of the league to wait until after we resigned Neal. Hopefully, nothing by unsubstantiated false media reports and nothing comes of it. But if something does, loosing our top 3 defensive players, along with Guion for any extended period of time....ouch!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It's turned into first to report over first to facts. The media is dead.

The troubling part for me is that Al Jazeera America is considered a reliable source of news by many. This isn't The Onion or Buzzfeed reporting it. The other troubling part for me, is that it seems like when it comes to PED's, no name mentioned in an accusation like this is beyond belief and I don't just mean these 4 guys.

So just have to take a wait and see what happens approach.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, "nice" of the league to wait until after we resigned Neal.
?????
I've not seen this yet.

The troubling part for me is that Al Jazeera America is considered a reliable source of news by many.
These guys?
Al Jazeera America is shutting down in April less than three years after it began broadcasting in the United States, Al Anstey, its CEO, announced Wednesday.Al Jazeera America will stop broadcasting on April 30, the company said in a statement,
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/01/al-jazeera-america-is-shutting-down/424011/

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

LOL...my bad...in my head I was thinking Daniels....not Neal.

As far as whether they have been a successful business or not, doesn't change the credibility of their reporting. While some feel they aren't always credible, some say the opposite. But that seems to be the case with many well known media sources. My point was, they aren't just some rag gossip column trying to sell copy.

Also, by no means am I ready to say "guilty as charged", but it obviously got the attention of the NFL.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought their primary and only source recanted his statement and said it was based on nothing?

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes, "nice" of the league to wait until after we resigned Neal. Hopefully, nothing by unsubstantiated false media reports and nothing comes of it. But if something does, loosing our top 3 defensive players, along with Guion for any extended period of time....ouch!

I´m not sure that´s what you meant but Guion was suspended for the first three games last season. The league handed out four game bans to Pennel and Goodson this offseason though.

Members online

Latest posts