1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Clay Matthews Best OLB in the NFL

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by armand34, Jul 9, 2011.

1. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o7cLQg1NJo&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Ultimate Clay Matthews Highlights‬‏[/ame]

LOVE THIS PLAY
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqJWV3LFq3E&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Clay Matthews blasts thru Marion Barber‬‏[/ame]

2. ShreveportCheesehead

ShreveportCheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  3. ShreveportCheesehead

ShreveportCheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    <iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g9VuQdmUJqQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    I was surprised he didnt win D-MVP, Troy P is a monster though. Im positive he will go down as one of the best LB's in the history of the NFL.

5. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Maybe, if he keeps it up for another 5-8 years. Otherwise he goes down as another 1 year wonder.

6. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    Don't u mean 2 year wonder? He almost won defensive rookie of the year, should have one dmvp of 2010...if u got shorted on dmvp and a game changing play in the superbowl I'd say you are the best olb going into this 2011 season

sent from my rooted evo4g

7. Vikeman

Vikeman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Sigh...he is not better than Harrison or Ware...even with Matthews steroid abuse....I swear some of the kids on this site are on crack.

8. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99

I agree that he has to keep this level of play up to be spoken of in these context.

However, Harrison is nothing but a cheap shot artist. A no-one unless leading with his helmet or hitting late. Undrafted in 2002 and a nobody until 2009 when the NFL decided to insult every defensive player giving him Def Player of the year. In 2010 Harrison should be remembered by how many illegal hits and penalties he had. The guy dissappears when he plays by the rules.

Since Clay has been outstanding since he caming into the NFL and Harrison is nothing until he became a turd Clay has to get the knod on this match up.

Ware? Who gives a ****.

9. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    You know whats funny (pathetic!).

I would have given you a nod if you had said EJ Henderson!

The guy can play and is a hell of an athlete to come back from the injury he had last year.

Instead your just another Fair-Weather Vikings Troll just trying to start ****!

10. Vikeman

Vikeman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Fair-Weather? That's right...the vikings are at the top of their game at this point and I just so happen to be a fan right now. When it comes to "fairweather" you need to start with your own fanbase and it's hypocrisies.

You are off point anyway... The Vikings do not have a LB better than Matthews on their team at this point.

Harrison is cheap shot artist....but he's better than Clay Matthews. And didn't juice up to get to perform.

11. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Canadian Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +166
    Prove it.

Oh, wait.

12. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    If you can prove any claim of steroids use, I'm leaving the posts as it is, Vikeman.

You have till midnight 07/13.

If not, I'm editing the posts for troll-like remarks. Baiting is not tolerated outside of the smack area.

13. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99

Noted!

(Sorry, I keep throwing my note books away from time to time)

14. totalpackers

totalpackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Love Matthews, but he needs to play the run better to be considered the best OLB in the NFL. He's in the conversation for best pass rusher. All-around outside linebacker, no. The Steelers got most of their rushing yards running right at him in the Super Bowl.

15. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    James Harrison takes aim at Goodell, others in new interview | ProFootballTalk

I love it when Harrison helps my argument!

Hey Harrison! I think you should take it right to Goodell. Hop on a plane and..... Oooopps..:Heristical:

16. packfan21

packfan21 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yess he is the best LB in the NFL:happy0005:

17. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    That wasn't even the highlight of Harrison's interview. Take a look at this:
    James Harrison on Roethlisberger: You aren’t Peyton Manning, you just get paid like him | ProFootballTalk

What a great player and teammate. I sure wish we had Harrison, his loudmouth and his 1 tackle 1 sack in the SB instead of Matthews and his inspiring attitude and his timely forced fumble that won the game...

Oh, and I'm not editing Vikeman's posts, as it hasn't created any more stirr, so there's no need.

18. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +339
    Sounds like you're pretty bitter their Vikeman. How's the Vikings trophy case looking?

• Like Like x 1
  19. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99

Agreed, I have two good friends who are Steelers fans and they are just shaking thier heads wishing he'd shut up!