Clay Mathews is done.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
1) If GB had offered the two '19s and their '20 1st we'd have won the Mack sweepstakes.
IF, that was what would have gotten Mack to GB along with a 6 year, $141,000,000 contract, including a $34,000,000 signing bonus, $90,000,000 guaranteed and you would have been on board with that at the time it happened (not today in hind site), then you probably would have been called crazy, if not, I will be the first to do so. Just the amount of money invested in a defensive player should give you pause, but 3 first rounders on top of that? Really?

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF, that was what would have gotten Mack to GB along with a 6 year, $141,000,000 contract, including a $34,000,000 signing bonus, $90,000,000 guaranteed and you would have been on board with that at the time it happened (not today in hind site), then you probably would have been called crazy, if not, I will be the first to do so. Just the amount of money invested in a defensive player should give you pause, but 3 first rounders on top of that? Really?

Bottom line is we are diametrically opposed. And if Mack's blisteringly impactful performance last night wasn't enough evidence of him being worth whatever it took to get him once it became obvious he was up for grabs, then I don't want to continue this discourse with you specifically. It's pointless...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you needed further proof this person is off their rocker?

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you needed further proof this person is off their rocker?

I'm not off my rocker, clown. It's one thing to have a differing opinion. But guys like you on this forum want to ridicule/bully/discredit a poster that has a point of view that is not in line with the general consensus. That's groupthink. Green Bay has arguably the best QB/NFL player in history but isn't winning chips with him. But guys like you want to disrespect a person you don't know on a public fan forum over describing why they feel that is the case.

Whose really off their rocker?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not off my rocker, clown. It's one thing to have a differing opinion. But guys like you on this forum want to ridicule/bully/discredit a poster that has a point of view that is not in line with the general consensus. That's groupthink. Green Bay has arguably the best QB/NFL player in history but isn't winning chips with him. But guys like you want to disrespect a person you don't know on a public fan forum over describing why they feel that is the case.

I probably am, it's not a newsflash

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Works for me. Sorry that because you failed to get me on board with your thoughts, that forces you to shut down.

No one is shutting down-you are clueless and I don't want to directly address you, Mondio, and others like you that just want to argue/be ******. Plenty of other posters feel the same way I do-about Clay and about the Packers-but I actually entertain you clowns more. I'm not going to do that much this season. The proof is in the pudding. Mack nearly destroyed Green Bay's season meanwhile Clay and Nick were too busy either running into each other on the ground looking like they were diving onto a slip-and-slide whiffing at tackles or getting personal foul penalties for hitting QBs late that NEARLY COST US THE GAME to actually impact the game positively for the Pack.

You guys are suckers.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^^ Get a load of this guy LOL

Hystrionics are definitely strong with this one

and if i'm a sucker, it's for clueless clown ******

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^^ Get a load of this guy LOL

Hystrionics are definitely strong with this one

and if i'm a sucker, it's for clueless clown ******

It's HISTRIONICS. If you're going to insult someone with emphasis, at least have proper grammar when you do.

How about you stop, have some class, and agree to disagree? After all, Green Bay did win the game and we're "supposed to be on the same side"?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you read the majority of the reports/read between the lines that's what it was. Gruden's price for Mack was high and GB got outbid because they were trying to keep one of their 2019 1st round draft picks. Chicago won the bid IMHO mainly because Gruden assumed they'd be the cellar dwellers of the NFC North Division so their 1st round pick would be much higher. Once they added in the 2020 1st round pick to the negotiations Green Bay was out of the picture. I don't even think we were in the Top 3 ever tbh. It was prolly the Jets, Browns, and Bears, with the Bears offering the best package out out of the group.

And yes, I find this perceived notion to be an indictment of Gute and the GB front office. They should have been willing to give up both 2019 1st rounders and the 1st in 2o20 to get Mack. We'd be clear Super Bowl favorites in the NFC and not worried about AR12's health this season after the 1st game.

GB was a REAL possibility trust me

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't Histrionics that song by JJ Fad in the 80s?

Edit: Oh wait.. Supersonic.. I was way off.

OP
OP
Wildcatk23

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
Well you guys completely derailed this thread. Point is Mathews is a liability when he is getting blown up almost every play, and when he does get close to the QB he runs 8 feet behind him or misses a tackle going high. Our Corners and secondary is much better and would be even better with a legit pass rush.

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Maybe if you and others like you could refrain from your sophomoric needs to try to kill the messenger/pick fights that you find entertaining I would...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-09-10 at 2.04.41 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-09-10 at 2.04.41 PM.png
    244.6 KB · Views: 91

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It's HISTRIONICS. If you're going to insult someone with emphasis, at least have proper grammar when you do.

How about you stop, have some class, and agree to disagree? After all, Green Bay did win the game and we're "supposed to be on the same side"?

You do realize that this is your pattern with posts right? You pretend to want to have a discussion, but if anyone disagrees with you, that discussion turns toxic and you go right on the defense and attack mode.

Maybe try taking it down a few notches and realize that it is ok to be wrong (or right) once in awhile, but that doesn't make you any smarter or dumber than the next guy.

Mondio and I disagree quite often and I don't think either of us have ever attacked each other because of it, its just 2 guys talking Sports, nothing worth having a heart attack over.

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB was a REAL possibility trust me

I agree. We were. I just think when it got down to the nitty gritty-we were outbid rather quickly.

In fact, I believe Chicago went so hard to keep Mack AWAY FROM GB if anything...

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well you guys completely derailed this thread. Point is Mathews is a liability when he is getting blown up almost every play, and when he does get close to the QB he runs 8 feet behind him or misses a tackle going high. Our Corners and secondary is much better and would be even better with a legit pass rush.

Agreed. If our defense is gonna be good enough to have a playoff run, it's gonna be because our young secondary is really good/holds up and the D-Line becomes a force. Our OLBs/linebacker core is the weakness of the D. A glaring one...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The emphasis is all you.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do realize that this is your pattern with posts right? You pretend to want to have a discussion, but if anyone disagrees with you, that discussion turns toxic and you go right on the defense and attack mode.

Maybe try taking it down a few notches and realize that it is ok to be wrong (or right) once in awhile, but that doesn't make you any smarter or dumber than the next guy.

Mondio and I disagree quite often and I don't think either of us have ever attacked each other because of it, its just 2 guys talking Sports, nothing worth having a heart attack over.
I've disagreed with almost everyone on here at one point or another. I'll take shots and give them after we go back and forth for a while. It's ok. But when someone comes in guns blazing about sucking clown ****** I figure there's no time to mess around.

I wonder if he realizes it's more entertaining than insulting?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Got news for you, Mack is still available. The Bears will take, 4 first rounders 3 seconds and 5 thirds, King, Jackson, Adams, and Clark. As Pizzle the GM, do you make the trade?

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sure that Mike Pettine is not going to like what the film shows from the EDGE position last night. Alot of minus grades on plays. Even with only keeping 4 OLBs I am wondering how he plans to generate consistent pressure by mostly blitzing DBs. I also don't like the front where he lines up the 2 OLBs on one side of the offensive line and puts the 2 DTs on the other. Chicago ran the ball for 5+ yards nearly every time they did that. I just am concerned that the defense is being constructed/adjusted to "hide/make up" for our OLBs deficiencies more than anything. The Minny game will tell alot IMO...

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy just don’t have it anymore . Misses tackle after tackle, caught multiple times frozen in his tracks, thrown around like a bean bag the whole game.

We need a legitimate pass rushing threat and he’s not it.

I think the best thing at this point would be to make Clay the #3. Start Gilbert. The only thing Clay had over him was experience/edge-setting in the run anyway. Gilbert covered Tarik Cohen last night on a big play late and was effective. Clay was horrible against the run and didn't do anything as a pass rusher/got that stupid penalty. He no longer is better than #93.

Members online

Latest posts