Clay = Brian Urlacher now?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Impact?!? Maybe it's Barrington for getting hurt, allowing the Packers to play Palmer and Thomas more which enables Clay to make more plays....

...just trolling of course

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sacks at this point in the season are a terrible way to measure impact. 27 players have 2.5 sacks or more including clay with 3. Not all those players deserve to be the conversation of DPOY, even though you seem to be arguing that.

Nick Perry has the same amount of sacks as Matthews and has a forced fumble, lets not get too carried away with the sack numbers just yet.

Only 3... that's in just the last two games. I've always believed that with a better supporting caste and the freedom to attack and down the LOS that Clay Matthews would make a run on the single season record for sacks, provided he stays healthy.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only 3... that's in just the last two games. I've always believed that with a better supporting caste and the freedom to attack and down the LOS that Clay Matthews would make a run on the single season record for sacks, provided he stays healthy.
He very well could. You could say that about 8 or 9 guys in the league probably. Its a record that seems to be close to being broken alot.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Impact?!? Maybe it's Barrington for getting hurt, allowing the Packers to play Palmer and Thomas more which enables Clay to make more plays....

...just trolling of course

I have been impressed with Palmer and Thomas hasn't looked bad either.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they both are better than anything we've had there in the past few years not named Clay. I know they haven't been perfect, but they're better than their predecessors .

D

Deleted member 6794

At this point in the season I feel Daniels has had the most impact on the defense.

Daniels and Raji have been playing really good but Matthews is by far the most important player on defense.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know Clay is a different and exceptional talent. That being said,were Hawk and Jones THAT bad their last couple of years and we still kept them? It is so nice to see the ILB meet the running back or TE to make the tackle instead of falling down on the guy's feet 8 yds past the LOS to make the tackle or the other ILB making a bone head penalty on a critical 3rd down stop. So refreshing to enjoy watching good defensive play from our guys again.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
If you would have said this two months ago, people would have called you a dreamer. Some people don't buy in to the concept of "player development".

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Palmer and Thomas > Hawk and Jones? I think so.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
There are a ton of examples at inside linebacker and safety over the last few years in which developing a player didn´t work out.
You still don't think our coaching staff as a whole is successful at player development?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Palmer and Thomas > Hawk and Jones? I think so.
I agree. Some people here thought that the likelihood of Barrington, Palmer, Ryan, Thomas, Vaughters and whoever else being of even decent calibre was very low.
Thompson trusts his coaches to develop players, so do I.

D

Deleted member 6794

You still don't think our coaching staff as a whole is successful at player development?

There´s no doubt in my mind the Packers coaching staff is pretty good at developing players. That doesn´t change there have been several players not being able to improve as desired with a lot of them not even on the team anymore.

While Palmer and Thomas are for sure an upgrade over Hawk and Jones the inside linebacker is still a weakness on the team aside of Matthews.

Members online

Latest posts