CJ Wilson's 4th quarter re-cap

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just finished re-watching yesterday's game on tenyardtracker.com
i re-watched every play 2-4 times. ( because i think i actually help the packers with there decision making....LOL)

Dont know if anyone noticed the play of CJ Wilson in the 4th quarter?

He was a freak'n beast !!!!!!
On 3 straight plays he either bull rushed or used crazy speed to out maneuver his man to get by the QB before anyone did.
Overall Wilson had 4 great plays with penetration. and the other 4 plays he was double-teamed

i was very shocked to see his explosion.
i didnt see anything like that during pre-season.

also cullen jenkins almost had 3-4 sacks.
If we can keep Jenkins, Raji, Pickett healthy along with our LB's and Woodson. we should be really dangerous with this zone blitzing scheme.

go psycho package

:viksux::chisux::detsux::viksux::chisux::detsux:

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hah, yea jenkins missed out only because CM3 beat him there

and CM3 almost had a 4th sack..he at least caused one more

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NICE. Also didn't notice anything in preaseason, my line of thinking was always that he's at least a year away from contributing.

It's one game, a handfull of plays, but it's nice. Neal will be back. This DL could be dominant, which could make this D trully potent.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
That's good to hear. I was glad when he made the team. Here is an article on C.J.

CJ - “Everybody that didn’t get me is going to wish they got me.”

TT - “I have no idea (why Wilson dropped to the seventh round),” Thompson noted. “I talked to him briefly before we turned the card in, and he's pretty fired up to show people everybody made a mistake. We liked him a lot.

“Brian Gutekunst scouts in that area. His dad worked at East Carolina this year towards the end of the season, and we felt like we knew him very well. He's a very impressive player. We had him higher on our board than where he wound up going.”

http://www.wdnweb.com/articles/2010/04/25/sports/doc4bd3879b5f149535703992.txt
and another
http://www.themanfaq.com/news/2010/05/man-to-man-cjw/

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great post, and thanks to Murgen for the links on Wilson--I knew absolutely nothing about him. Looks like another great move by TT

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
C.J. Wilson after re-watching the 4th, should have had a sack if he wasn't tackled by the center whom he bull rushed into Edwards and had hold of. The guy tackled him, Edwards escaped, but the bills were penalized 10.

Then he bull rushed again, and got a knock down on Edwards, but the pass was out fast so he barely missed another sack.

After that they double teamed him. One time triple teamed him!

After seeing it first hand, the guy has some explosion off the line and he is a solid pickup by TT for the Pack. I don't want to say he'll be awesome cause it was against the Bills O-line. But he looks like a very very good pickup from what I just saw.

BigDaddyKaine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, does anyone know where I can rewatch the games online?

CJ Wilson is a player that I really wanted us to get before that draft and I'm just glad he is doing well and has a big chip on his shoulder.

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All you need to do is download a Packer game torrent by using utorrent, limewire, etc......
The Packer games are recorded in high resolution, and look amazing on my laptop...

i'm downloading both bears game as i type.
:viksux::chisux::detsux:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 72

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear he is making improvements. I had him rated as a 4th rounder in this years draft. I was pleasantly surprised to see him last until the 7th. Good pick up by the Pack.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
This thread is VERY similar to a thread last year on Clay Mathews. No one really knew how good he was gonna be, and a thread similar to this popped up that introduced him head on to everyone. Looked around, but couldn't find it (im impatient :p) Hopefully that'll start a trend and Wilson will end up as good as Clay Mathews

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he has the potential to be as good as Vonnie Holiday. Holiday was bigger and stronger coming out of college but Wilson with a year in the weight room should be able to add 10 lbs of bulk. I eventually see him as a stout 3/4 defensive end who also can be used as a rushing end in passing situations. Right now he's a little undersized and lacking in strength but I do see potential down the road to be an average to above average NFL starter. Not bad for a 7th round drat choice.

Members online

Latest posts