CJ Spiller

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spiller would be a great addition to special teams and add a new dynamic to the offense. He's the opposite of Eddie Lacy. Use Lacy to pound the ball and have Spiller take pitches and catch the ball out of the backfield. He'd be a great addition for the right price.

An offense can never have too many weapons. Look at how Darren Sproles opens up offenses and affect game plans.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spiller didn't put fear into defense in Buffalo so I don't see him doing that in Green Bay.

I wonder why? Well, he didn't have an Aaron Rodgers in Buffalo, duh. Having Rodgers around makes everyone better. I'd like to have a Darren Sproles type of RB. Remember the impact Sproles had on that New Orleans offense? I see Spiller having a similar effect along side a elite QB.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

Spiller didn't put fear into defense in Buffalo so I don't see him doing that in Green Bay.
Spiller's averaged 5.0 per carry over his career. His 1703 yds. from scrimmage on a mere 264 touches, with 6.0 per carry, was one of the most productive/efficient seasons from a running back in the last decade.

Given the fact that Buffalo has fielded poor to mediocre passing games in recent history, an opponent not game planning for a healthy Spiller would be, in a word, stupid.

The questions are many...cost, health, scheme fit, compliment to the current players.

I don't see it happening, of course, but it's an exercise of the imagination in what a player like that would bring to the offense.

Imagine for example, that Cobb does not get re-signed. There's not slot-type receiver on the bench. To compensate for such a missing cog in the machine, a player like Spiller might be used as a third down back, a change of pace from Lacy, and a guy who could motion to or line up in the slot...as he was used in Buffalo when paired with Jackson. 20 snaps per game, with a different look that adds a dimension to the offense.

It's not a bad idea per se. But probably not a good enough idea.

Latest posts