Christina Aguilera to sing National Anthem at Super Bowl

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
haha, yeah, occasionally :p But the girl can sing, no doubt about that

I agree with this. I'm an R&B singer in real life and I think she has tremendous skill. Just outstanding.

Very good news. (And I can just guess that not everyone will enjoy her melismatic style - can't imagine her singing it straight - but I sure will!)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
saw her perform when I was at the NBA all star game and a few months later in chicago. I was impressed. Seems a little mental though as a person.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Decent scenery, I suppose. The best I can say is that she looks like a really, really high end **********. :icon_lol:

A hahahahahahaha

I'm just glad she can sing, and is semi-relevant, I am getting so sick of American Idol winners(losers) singing.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
She is a billion times better than the garbage halftime show and I don't even like her. I can not and will not watch that crap fest. I am not sure it would have been possible to book a worse show.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
She is a billion times better than the garbage halftime show and I don't even like her. I can not and will not watch that crap fest. I am not sure it would have been possible to book a worse show.

Not a black eye peas fan?

Im just glad they got someone that was age relevant. So sick of these acts that were popular 30 years ago.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a black eye peas fan?

Im just glad they got someone that was age relevant. So sick of these acts that were popular 30 years ago.
There is something to be said for them trying to get an age relevant group. There is also something to be said for them getting one of the crappiest ones available.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is something to be said for them trying to get an age relevant group. There is also something to be said for them getting one of the crappiest ones available.

who do you think they should have booked? remember it has to be "safe" since its the first "young" group since JT and Janet showed the world a ring.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have Green Day do it. They are trustworthy now. They also could have taken just their pick from an assortment of country artists as its in Texas. If it weren't all about money and pop appeal I would say the guys that did the anthem in Atlanta would rock it. Maybe the current act could be tolerable if and only if they banish Fergie from joining them on stage.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I thought.

The music industry extends far beyond "American Idol", Mushroom. There are a lot of us out here. Really. It's not that hard a thing to wrap your mind around if you just suspend your TV paradigm for a second.

I didn't expect to be personally insulted so early in my membership here, especially by a Packer fan...but that's on me for mentioning what I do, I guess.

P.S. If I was going to lie about what I do (which I would NOT), I'd have made it something more people respect.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Insulted? Really? C'mon now! Im am sorry if you took that like an insult. Just LOLing around. Do you have any youtube vids or MP3s or anything to sample?

p.s. American Idol contestants aren't professionals.

EDIT: and a half an hour isn't enough time on a MB to bust out the "thought so"...I was on lunch break
It's like saying you're a brain surgeon or a rocket scientist. Sure, there are a bunch of em, you just dont expect to run in to them.

LombardiTrophy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am more looking forward to the Black Eyed Peas during halftime. They are hosting a party on Friday of Super Bowl week that I really want to go to. There is a good party review at supersundayhq.com. Check it out if you are going to be in Dallas.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't pay all that much attention to the halftime show. Halftime is time to chow and refuel.

:chisux:

Members online

Latest posts