Christian Thompson!

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Note the Title: Christian meaning (Christine) & Thompson meaning (Ted)

Ted Thompson should serious consider trading out of the 1st Round and picking up an extra 2nd and 3rd Round pick. Whether he does or not he should strongly consider Christine Micheal (5'10" - 220lbs) in the 2nd Round because of his explosive potential. I know that he's had a checkered past in college and was in the coaches doghouse but his upside is just what the Packers need from the RB position hands down.

NFL Network's Mike Mayock suggested that Texas A&M RB Christine Michael has a chance to go in the second round despite character concerns.
Michael landed in Kevin Sumlin's doghouse as a senior and was accused of missing Combine interviews due to "oversleeping." His talent remains the best among any tailback in the 2013 draft. Michael "has rehabbed his image since the East-West game," said Mayock. "His talent is crazy. ... I have trouble seeing him getting out of the second round just because his physical traits are so good."

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
What good is potential if the guy is too lazy to ever fulfill it? It's not like we're talking Randy Moss, plus there are definitely some injuries in his past. He's a 4th, maybe a 5th for me. We don't like the kind of flags he's got. We were seen talking to him, and Ted was "watching him" at the seniorbowl. Ted doesn't actually talk about who he likes though so the information that we are interested is all conjecture.

Also, you couldn't have gone with "Michael Thompson" or "Ted Michael?"

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Note the Title: Christian meaning (Christine) & Thompson meaning (Ted)

Ted Thompson should serious consider trading out of the 1st Round and picking up an extra 2nd and 3rd Round pick. Whether he does or not he should strongly consider Christine Micheal (5'10" - 220lbs) in the 2nd Round because of his explosive potential. I know that he's had a checkered past in college and was in the coaches doghouse but his upside is just what the Packers need from the RB position hands down
I know I read it somewhere but the Packers are very interested in this guy. The highlight reel doesn't show squat though, he's got open lanes in every play. The return shows the most but I know he's on the Packers radar. He looks good but I don't know if he's the "hands down" best prospect for the Packers.

OP
OP
S

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I read it somewhere but the Packers are very interested in this guy. The highlight reel doesn't show squat though, he's got open lanes in every play. The return shows the most but I know he's on the Packers radar. He looks good but I don't know if he's the "hands down" best prospect for the Packers.

I would say that if the Packers traded out of the 1st Round and picked up an extra 3rd Round Pick that I would love to see them pick him up. He's definitely the most talented RB in this draft all around and has a huge upside, but we'll see.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This RB broke his leg one year, and tore his ACL the following season.
That's not what I'd call durable.
Plus he's not a high-quality person.
Mayock says he has "rehabbed his image"... that's an IMAGE.
The real him is a problem.

He is a supreme talent though....

H

HardRightEdge

Didn't this guy get suspended for insubordination? It's also been reported he slept through some interviews at the Combine. Does that sound like a Mike McCarthy player? I think not.

In his defense, I think I might have a chip on shoulder if my mama gave me a girl's name.

Anyhow, he is a stud athlete. If MM thinks he can keep him on the straight and narrow, go for it in the third round. But this is like a girl thinking she can "change you".

OP
OP
S

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't listen to Cherepinski, he's mostly hearsay too. TT "watched him carefully" at the all star game, and we threw him an interview there. That's it.

Green Bay might be a little more closely tied to Texas A&M then most people think. It wouldn't surprise me if they were to draft him. Also, Green Bay's Defensive Staff spent a lot of time with Texas A&M's Coach Kevin Sumerlin, QB Johnny Manziel and a few other Offensive Players going over and learning the nuances of the Read Option Offense. Who's to say that Micheal wasn't there auditioning. Only time will tell.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts