Chris Simms of TB...

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
vix.....apparently you haven't been paying attention. TT has said a couple of times that he hasn't spoken to Favre about the coaching change or next season at all. Favre has also said that he doesn't know whether the Packers even want him back or whether they want to move in a different direction.

These ARE facts....they are not speculation....unless you are saying that both of these guys are liars. To me THAT would be speculation. I do post facts, but this board is about opinions also....I do stay on point......and I have been accused of being too positive in the past. However when I (and the rest of the mainstream media) see the greatest player to ever wear the G getting disrespected by some newbie to the franchise, it makes me sick. Any other instructions regarding postings?

Those may be facts, but the deduction based on those facts is STILL speculation. That's like saying "I took my car in to the shop this week. The mechanic hasn't called me back yet, and I don't know if I'm going to need my engine rebuilt or if they can just change out some parts. Oh well, I MUST need a new engine because the mechanic hasn't told me one way or the other yet".

Some people assume that because Favre and TT haven't spoken it means that TT is pushing him out the door. HOW?!? For all we know TT is taking the stance that Favre needs to get away from the game a little bit, relax at home on his tractor, and he'll talk to him in a few weeks. It's fine to offer opinions, but my point is that it's just getting annoying that people take a few "facts" here and there and claim they have the solution, when the solution doesn't even exist yet.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are we all to be historians now? This isn't the A.P.. We all speculate on this board. When we're predicting wins vs. losses we're speculating. BFD. These are all opinions. From the outside looking in, TT sure isn't showing much love for BF. Unless they are a 10+year marriage where silence is golden! From the public sources that we all read and derrive our Packer rant from, TT hasn't obtained any info from BF, nor given any. Maybe that's just the way the GM handles things, let the coaches talk to the players and he talks to the coaches. Maybe Bates dislikes BF because he kept his D on the field linger with those INT's all year. We will soon find out.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are we all to be historians now? This isn't the A.P..

I give up. I will from here on out post my opinions and present them as fact, because I realize it's time to join the club.

Pack66 is actually Brett Favre himself, and gets so offended when someone says anything that might be considered the least bit bad about him that he responds with "you hate Brett Favre".

TT has a secret agenda, and a secret identity. He is really a cockroach living inside the brain of a human host (ie. Men in Black or Team America). This is why he always has that "deer in the headlights" look - the body is actually dead.

Ahman Green had his leg amputated after week 13 and has since gotten it replaced with a bionic leg. The technology is very similar to that in Star Wars.

...Silly me, I'm not presenting any "facts" here..hmm, okay:

TT has interviewed a number of candidates for the HC position. Today is the 10th of January. You'd be a moron not to realize that when he interviews candidate number 12 on January 12th, we will have our new head coach.

Brett Favre said in an interview 2 WEEKS ago that he hadn't spoken to TT about the future. It's quite obvious that we would have heard about every conversation before and after that interview. After all, it is quite common in the NFL to hold a press conference every time you speak, eat breakfast, and fart.

In my opinion, this is how stupid some of this "speculation" is getting. Maybe I should have been more precise and said "blind speculation" because it's more accurate. I never said it is bad to have an opinion, or even speculate, but to throw out every notion that runs through your head is one thing..to try and argue that it's absolute fact is ludicrous.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Green Bay wants Simms it is going to cost them either a 1st or a 1st and a 3rd round draft pick. He is a RFA this season which means if another team wants him they are going to have to give compensation according to the tender the Bucs offer him. In other words, the Bucs know that his stock is really high right now so if somebody else wants him they are probably going to have to give up their 1st rounder and possibly their 3rd. Also, the Bucs have the right to match the offer made by this other team to Simms and then he would stay with the Bucs.

Pretty much the Bucs have all the leverage in this situation.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
L.L., now you've got it! I heard the fact about Greens Bionic leg too. I know he's around when my radar detector starts going a wee bit haywire.

Members online

Latest posts