Chris Simms of TB...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If Favre doesn't come back next year....TT should go after Chris Simms of TB...

I believe he is a free agent next year..!

(That kid is good..better than Kitna..that's for damn sure! Kitna is average at best...)

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The whole point of TT not making a major push to get Brett to come back is to give Aaron Rogers the starting job. He is not going to spend a lot of money on a free agent QB.
I don't know what will happen with Craig Nall, remember him?, he is kind of the forgotten qb on this team.
If Brett doesn't come back, I look for TT to draft a QB in the late rounds or sign an undrafted free agent rookie to hold the clipboard and be the emergency qb.

AS always I hope I am completely wrong and old #4 will be behind center next year.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt TT goes after him, but are you sure he is a free agent already. Wasn't he the QB at Texas just before Vince Young? I thought this was only his second season. I must be wrong....damn time flies when you're getting old.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't put all my eggs in Aaron Rodgers basket...if I were TT....

He's more than likely to get them all in his face....

but hey...it's TT's team now..isn't it?

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think that TT is a big "egomaniac" who wants to get "HIS GUY" on the field...no matter what...

and "his guy" is Aaron Rodgers...

TT drafted him.....

So come hell or highwater...Brett Favre or no...TT is going to get "his guy" on the football field...

and it doesn't matter if the Packers play losing football for the next few years because everyone knows that a developing "rookie" QB gets a pass for a few years on his development....

Welcome to the 1970's again...Green Bay Packer football fans...

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre is done, look for Aaron to be "the guy" and watch Craig Nall go elsewhere while TT brings in a veteran backup qb to mentor AR.

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chris Simms' contract ran from 03 to 05. He is a FA, but Tampa will resign him is my bet.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still not buying the "Rodgers is TT's guy" philosophy. That may be feasible if we traded up to get him, but Rodgers was the possible #1 overall pick the weeks leading up to the draft, and he fell in our lap at #24. I can't see TT trying to say "look at how smart I am for drafting this guy".

I'm not aiming this next comment at anyone in particular, but I find all of the bickering that's become so rampant on this board regarding TT, Sherman, Favre, etc. to be funny. Everyone has a conspiracy theory, or what have you, but its ALL speculation. So many posts are made in the vain that the poster's opinion is "fact" (TT forcing Brett to retire, etc.) that it's just plain silly. I'm sure some will be right, as we seem to have run the gamut on "what is really going on", but why don't we all just relax a little and wait until we find out what happens before we send anyone to the gallows? I know it's fun to speculate, but I've seen more assumptions on this board over the past couple weeks than you can shake ten sticks at.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauLeaper said:
I'm still not buying the "Rodgers is TT's guy" philosophy. That may be feasible if we traded up to get him, but Rodgers was the possible #1 overall pick the weeks leading up to the draft, and he fell in our lap at #24. I can't see TT trying to say "look at how smart I am for drafting this guy".

I'm not aiming this next comment at anyone in particular, but I find all of the bickering that's become so rampant on this board regarding TT, Sherman, Favre, etc. to be funny. Everyone has a conspiracy theory, or what have you, but its ALL speculation. So many posts are made in the vain that the poster's opinion is "fact" (TT forcing Brett to retire, etc.) that it's just plain silly. I'm sure some will be right, as we seem to have run the gamut on "what is really going on", but why don't we all just relax a little and wait until we find out what happens before we send anyone to the gallows? I know it's fun to speculate, but I've seen more assumptions on this board over the past couple weeks than you can shake ten sticks at.

great post. the half baked conspiracy theories were cute at first, but now its just sad.

Like Ive been saying for a week, "Speculation is fun" and thats all people here are doing. Brett hasnt said anything concrete, TT hasnt said anything concrete. People think they know whats going on between them, but they dont know ****, and it IS funny, you are so right. Eventually we will know whats going on, what went on, whats going to go on, but till then...people (Winnepeg,Depack) need to chill out on the irrational TT hating, at least until he actually does something stupid. Firing sherman, and cutting his buddies from the roster, and drafting a #1 overall pick late in the first are all smart,great moves. Lets at least wait till he hires some idiot as HC before you crucify him. Hes done nothing but good things, and we dont know what bretts going to do(again), so lets just wait...or speculate. Speculation is fun...isnt it winnipeg

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No way..California...

(are you on drugs...???)

What has Nall ever done in the NFL??????

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauLeaper said:

couldn't agree with you more, LL! i mean people are actually arguing about the "what -if's" - it's craziness!!

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauLeaper said:

Is it your assumption that one can actually shake ten sticks? :wink:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem Leaper is that TT isn't doing anything to woo Favre to come back. Why hasn't he spoken to him. I don't necessarily think the firing of Sherman is a sign that TT is forcing him out. He just refuses to do anything with substance toward Favre. If you were GM wouldn't you make sure he knew how much you wanted him back?

trom, I thought you would learn your lesson with that "TT dfafted the MVP" thread you started. If you keep bringing me into your arguments I will have to continually *****slap you until you learn your lesson. 8) 8)

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauLeaper said:
I find all of the bickering that's become so rampant on this board regarding TT, Sherman, Favre, etc. to be funny.I know it's fun to speculate, but I've seen more assumptions on this board over the past couple weeks than you can shake ten sticks at.

ditto Leaper.

As to your point about rampant bickering, I agree. Pack fans constantly trashin' Packer players and coaches, well, it wears out real fast.

As to your point about speculating, Amen there too. For instance, DePack responded to your post with: "The problem Leaper is that TT isn't doing anything to woo Favre to come back. Why hasn't he spoken to him." Inquring minds might ask "How do you know TT hasn't spoken to Favre? or "How do you know TT isn't doing anything to woo Favre?" Just because Thompson doesn't convene a daily press conference to announce "here's what I did yesterday and here's what I plan to do today," doesn't mean he's not doing anything.

IMO a little speculation is fine, but when every single thread consists of nothing but idle conjecture hyped up as fact, a response is pointless.

I say: Post a fact. Stay on point. Be positive.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vix.....apparently you haven't been paying attention. TT has said a couple of times that he hasn't spoken to Favre about the coaching change or next season at all. Favre has also said that he doesn't know whether the Packers even want him back or whether they want to move in a different direction.

These ARE facts....they are not speculation....unless you are saying that both of these guys are liars. To me THAT would be speculation. I do post facts, but this board is about opinions also....I do stay on point......and I have been accused of being too positive in the past. However when I (and the rest of the mainstream media) see the greatest player to ever wear the G getting disrespected by some newbie to the franchise, it makes me sick. Any other instructions regarding postings?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call outs can be taken to the smack area...
(Who needs opposing team fans on the site when we fight this well with our own... SAME TEAM...)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Call outs can be taken to the smack area...
(Who needs opposing team fans on the site when we fight this well with our own... SAME TEAM...)

Where is the call out :?: :?:

Is TT untouchable on this forum.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could care less about what you guys say about TT, Favre etc, that is all opinions on public figures. When have I ever said "you can't say that about them here"? Never.

I am talking about members calling out other members in this area of the site.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ryan said:
I could care less about what you guys say about TT, Favre etc, that is all opinions on public figures. When have I ever said "you can't say that about them here"? Never.

I am talking about members calling out other members in this area of the site.

and if its brought to smack area its considered being an attention *****

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ravage said:
Chris Simms' contract ran from 03 to 05. He is a FA, but Tampa will resign him is my bet.

That would make him a RFA not a UFA.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Bruce said:
ravage said:

That would make him a RFA not a UFA.

If another team were to sign him, does that team lose a draft pick? or is that how the compensation picks come into play and what pick would they get?

Members online

Latest posts