Chris Havel from PackersNews....

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
But the thing is I just don't wan't someone who will run the football if he can't find his first read. I think that is what Young did.

to his defense, he IS a young man. Vick is in his what....4th, 5th year...and he STILL does that. But thats cuz hes a p.o.s. (imo).

And as far as throwing motion. Most QB coaches wont change it, they might tweak it a bit, but for the most part, if it works, they let it ride (like a-rod)

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Vick is in his what....4th, 5th year...and he STILL does that. But thats cuz hes a p.o.s. (imo).

I agree. Vick is the most overrated QB in the league. The Falcons would be wise to trade up in the draft, take Leinart or Young, and demote Mr. Mexico to RB. What good is a QB who can't pass???

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was an encouraging article, and then he went and ruined it at the end by mentioning the possibility of drafting Vince Young. I wonder how many teams in the history of the NFL have drafted QB's in the first round in consecutive years? Very few (if any), I'm sure, and of those who did there was probably a change of ownership or a catastrophic injury to the first QB, or some other unusual circumstance. I think there is a chance that Vince Young could slide way, way down the draft board, just like our boy A-Rod did last year. He is too much of a project.

Why does Havel not like Hawk? Those of you who have heard him on the radio, I'd like to know.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does Havel not like Hawk? Those of you who have heard him on the radio, I'd like to know.[/quote]
:twisted: Hard to say. Perhaps Hawk thumbed his nose at Havel, which on occaission would do Havel some good. My view is Hawk is the genuine article and the Pack could do a hell of a lot worse then drafting him at 5. Now I would really like to see that happen and then have Hawk make Havel eat his words. As for Young, God Forbid`. GB does not need his type of player. Reminds me of a guy who played QB for the Vikes until recently. Has much trouble finding receivers, and is large enough to run, at least in college one gets away with that; not always so in the NFL.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
It was an encouraging article, and then he went and ruined it at the end by mentioning the possibility of drafting Vince Young. I wonder how many teams in the history of the NFL have drafted QB's in the first round in consecutive years?

All this drafting of another quarterback in this year's 1st rd. is a rumor founded on frustration and malcontent. I seriously doubt TT will draft anyone other than for defensive need first. How ridiculous would it look if TT drafted another 1st rd. quatrerback when the last one he drafted hasn't had enough playing time to even grade his worst performance. If he should draft Cutler, Young, or whoever, then it says Rodgers must have some serious flaw and they want to dump him. You can't pay two 1st rd. pitchers and leave gaping holes in the defense, especially when you're drafting this high. Thank goodness TT has more sense than some of these sports writers.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chris Mortenson's at it, again! Now, he says that if the Packers HAD signed T.O., then Favre would have called last night to announce his coming back. Now, it's all still up in the air.

Big Whoop, Chris-y -- all you have is speculation! You don't know squat!

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Chris Mortenson's at it, again! Now, he says that if the Packers HAD signed T.O., then Favre would have called last night to announce his coming back. Now, it's all still up in the air.

Since when has Mortenson become a mind reader? This is what I am talking about. Mortenson hasn't the slightest idea what Favre is thinking, and to say substantively otherwise is exactly right---SPECULATION!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:

I've been saying that for weeks. There is no question about it. If TT signed T.O. Favre would have announced he's back and Vegas would have made the Packers the odds on favorite to win the NFC North. But noooo, he couldn't get along with McNothing in Philly.... so we don't want him. Has he ever been arrested, ever failed a drug test, ever beaten his wife(a la our starting running back). No, he runs his mouth......so what....deal with it!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
There is no question about it. If TT signed T.O. Favre would have announced he's back

I love the mindreaders the most. You guys should ask ryan to be column writers, and write about whats going to happen and what current players (or possible FAs) are thinking. Write what A.V. is thinking and what he would do in given situations.

It would be interesting..

lol

well I would be entertained greatly by it anyway.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
IPBprez said:

I've been saying that for weeks. There is no question about it. If TT signed T.O. Favre would have announced he's back and Vegas would have made the Packers the odds on favorite to win the NFC North. But noooo, he couldn't get along with McNothing in Philly.... so we don't want him. Has he ever been arrested, ever failed a drug test, ever beaten his wife(a la our starting running back). No, he runs his mouth......so what....deal with it!

Hook.... line.... SINKER.

Way to fall for it DePack.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I know you're a moderator but do i have permission to ask you what the F you are talking about or will you deit me?

:lol:

i believe he's saying you're falling for TO's latest drama role...the remorseful WR that has changed his ways bit.

Reaction score
DePack said:
I know you're a moderator but do i have permission to ask you what the F you are talking about or will you deit me?

Diet? No, we don't dare do such a thing, we'll just edit you. :p

Um well I am puzzled as to why you think Favre would have announced he was back if TT signed TO. Nothing really supports that claim. The thing is that TO is not liked by many in the locker room, and he tends to have a "me first" attitude, and apparently doesn't appreciate having to be with players low on the depth chart. I'll give you that he would have been a great WR, but our WR's are already solid. Well if J-Walk comes back, they are.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:

I won't 'deit' u one bit sir.

You always have the right to ask me what the 'F' I'm talking about. sometimes i'll even join you in asking!

Chris made that comment just to stir people up. You fell for it. What does he have to lose by saying it? He already got his interview with Brett awhile back and believes Brett is gonna retire and if he doesn't they will send someone else to interview Brett next time.

Chris did what most reporters do. He did something to further HIMSELF. No one can prove this comment to be valid and there is no way Brett will come out and say he would base his returning to the team on ANOTHER man.

The decision he makes will be his OWN. Believe it.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
DePack said:

i believe he's saying you're falling for TO's latest drama role...the remorseful WR that has changed his ways bit.

I guess you mods stick together...remorseful for what? He got out of Philly and signed a BETTER contract. I guess Parcells doesn't know what he is doing. You guys are embarassing yourselfs.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
espn said if things dont fall apart like they did in philly(but they almost certainly will) that TO will have gotten a record amount of money as a WR over the last 3 years or something.

(tries to find link)

(finds it)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2374225 <--click it...or copy and paste..cuz im lazy

but some folks think TT should sign OGs to record setting offersheets(like the vikings) or overpay the biggest malcontent in WR history(TO)

Its bizzaro world..i swear it is...

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
arrowgargantuan said:
DePack said:

I guess you mods stick together...remorseful for what? He got out of Philly and signed a BETTER contract. I guess Parcells doesn't know what he is doing. You guys are embarassing yourselfs.

say whaaaa...me and Z2C butt heads all the time.

if you want to give TO a free pass for all the BS he pulled last year thats your problem.

and reducing it to him being an incontent player and signing a better contract is ignoring quite a bit my friend.

suit yourself though.

Members online

Latest posts