Chris Havel " Favre twisting in the Wind"

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cry iy iy --- all day long... Tromadz is right .... you guys.. jeeeeez!

Numbah One --- Who is this Brett Favre..., anyway? You all already know, but I'll re-iterate....

Brett Favre is "just a Player in the NFL" - that's all, and nuthin' more - even he will tell ya that.
If there's one thing I've learned while watchin' #4 since he walked on the field... it's that he doesn't think of himself any differently than you or I do, ourselves.

- Big Ego? Maybe (at times)
- Selfiish? Get real .....
- Hard core party-er? (I've heard some stories...)

The tactic that " I " would rather TT & MM & JJ all do.. is one thing, at this point in 'the game' .... and that is to invite Favre back to Lambeau for a discussion of the best way to proceed. MM is the new HC - let him lead the discussion; it's who Favre will be working for, when brass tacks are laid out. Right?

Maybe, for the first time in five years, we'll have that HC actually talks to QB scenarion back - think about it. But, the real point of the matter is this - Favre is NOT in charge, nor should he be! THEREFORE, Favre comes to Lambeau - Lambeau does NOT come to Favre..... ever! So, you cheesehads knock it off with this 'trip to mississippi' chatter... it's quite pathetic.

Favre is just a Player.. a damn good one when he pays attention to fundamentals, sure.. but still... just a Player.

We've heard reports in the Media that Favre might even be willing to re-structure his contract all over again, if it involves getting top-drawer players to Lambeau - I'd say that's real philanthropic... and why not take him up on it (?)

But - one thing's fer sure - Favre must come to Green Bay, not the other way around!
It sends the "better" message ...... especially, to the 'other' Players.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First of all..IPB...the words "Tromadz" and "right"..should never be used in the same sentence..unless that sentence is.."Tromadz is NOT right..."...imo

Secondly, YOU PEOPLE ARE OUT OF YOUR FRICKIN' MINDS.....

(Packgirl..none of this was ever directed at you...)

What's wrong with this scenario???

Say..you have a franchise, HOF QB that's played for your team for 15 years...taken you to 2 SB's..numerous playoff games..and may have a couple of years left on his illustrious career...and you want the Packer organization to treat this individual as if he was a first year rookie who hasn't taken a snap in a meaningful game in the NFL....??? What is wrong with you people?

Now..Favre did not fire Sherman...and he also didn't NOT sign FA help this year..especially at the receiver position until it was too late...Nor, did he totally eschew FA in favor of the draft......that was all on TT's head....

Now, If Montana, Elway, Marino, Aikman, etc...would have come out with a statement like..."I don't know if this organization wants to have me around or what direction it wants to head in.." this would have been earth shattering news in their respective cities...(and around the NFL)..but some of you folks here act like by making this statement...Favre is somehow putting himself above the hallowed, untouchable city of GB, Lord TT, and the GB Packer organization.

He is not. He made his intentions clear. He went home to Mississippi after the season ended, and made a statement that he is unsure where the Packers are headed... and that his decision upon retiring is based upon where the GB Packers are headed...and what their plans are for the immediate future....Now TT and MM are the only ones who can tell him what these plans are..the ball is in their court...understand?

Now, If some of you people here can't understand that, then DePack, Winnipeg, myself, and some other posters here, can't help you....

And yes, the Packers do "OWE" Favre this consideration...just as other cities have owed Montana, Marino, Aikman..etc..etc...They owe it to him for what he has done for this franchise for the past 15 years....the championships..the SB's...and the rescuing of the GB Packer organization from years of obscurity and futility, and being the laughingstock of the NFL....

A player like Brett Favre comes around very rarely, and he deserves respect. He is not demanding it, and he doesn't need to come begging at TT's door, as some of you suggest. Don't forget that fact in your smug, contentious little posts here..

But perhaps it will take a few years of mediocre QB's to be at the helm for awhile for some of you to realize what you had in Brett Favre as QB for the GB Packers......

I guess some people who watch this game have no sense of history and historical perspective...or perhaps they are just plain spoiled...but let me tell you this..a few more years of rotten GB football, and they will understand, and right quickly, what the 1970's and 1980's were all about in GB, Wis..!!!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of all people - you being the pot calling the kettle black.... geesh....

I'm 51, pal - and I remember it just as well as anyone else my age.....

Brett has always said that he thinks of himself as an equal on the Team - not above everyone else.
Nor, should Mgmt treat it - as if he is....

I think the New Staff should challenge Brett Favre - not kiss his *** ....
A challenge is what Brett needs - just to see if he's up to the task, or not.
We may as well find out now, if Favre, himself, thinks his own tank is empty.

I would call him on it - I would challenge him to be a part of this new change - this tougher stance.... this moving away from medicority. Remember, Sherman's practices were lethargic at best - his Assistant Coaches, according to Havel, ...weren't allowed.. to scream at the Players when they messed up. What kind of crap is that...? What is this, a Resort Spa?

Last year, the entire Team looked "winded" more times than not. BECAUSE... Mike Sherman never had the Players running laps for endurance, the way Lombardi would always do -- you smuck off to ol' Vince? Man, you did laps around Lambeau, period! You messed up on a play? You did laps.... again!

Sherman never truly challenged his Players, in practices or training camp - and it showed out on the field... He even spent time letting them practice without pads and therefore they simply weren't as tough as they could have or should have been.

And, that includes Favre. Sure, he worked out - but his Moxie wasn't tested nearly as much as it could have been. Nor, were his decisions reprimanded - hardly at all. Can you imagine some of those mistakes and have Holmgren standing on the sidelines... Favre would have had his *** chewed out, severely.

There's plenty of us that remember the Bart Starr/Head Coach days....
Everyone needs to give equally to maintain respect in the Org. That includes Favre.

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I guess some people who watch this game have no sense of history and historical perspective...or perhaps they are just plain spoiled...but let me tell you this..a few more years of rotten GB football, and they will understand, and right quickly, what the 1970's and 1980's were all about in GB, Wis..!!!
No offense to any of the younger Packer fans but I believe many GB fans believe that this whole football thing is easy. Favre, Holmgren, Butler, White, Green, Bennett, and many other Packers have spoiled much of the GB fan base. For those of us who weathered Scott Hunter, Jerry Tagge, Gerry Ellis, Dan Devine, Bart Starr as HC, the infamous John Hadl trade (2-1sts, 1-2nd, and 2-3rds for a QB who threw 9TDs and 29 INTs), 1st round draft picks WR-Barry Smith, DE Mike Butler, DT Bruce Clark, QB Rich Campbell, DE Alphonso Carreker, RB Brett Fullwood, and of course OT Tony Girlderich.

Although I don't think we face this again, it is good for us to remember how quickly things can go bad. You must do what you have to to keep the good/great players on the field.

I don't want a Jerry Tagge behind center again. If preventing that means taking a trip to Mississippi, then so be it.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IPB Prez..

We're talking about two different things here...

1. Agressiveness, discipline, motivation coming from the top down--meaning the coaches...those are things Favre has and wouldn't mind GB having...what he didn't have this year was "TALENT" surrounding him...You have talent and a coach who can motivate..and you have alot..

2. The intentions of the GB Packer Organization....Are they committed to winning now..or does TT view this as a rebuilding project that will take a couple of years?

I think that Favre deserves to have that spelled out for him by TT before he returns....

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
Please stop it! Please stop the annual speculating and predicting and foretelling. It's the same since years now and I can't stand it anymore.

1. Favre is on of the greatest QB's and Green Bay has had the fortune to grab him.
2. Most of us want him back for at least one or two seasons and like to see him play as a starter.
3. The Packers officials seem to want the same.

We all know that for years.

4. He (B.F.) has earned a little time. It's just two weeks that the last game of the season has been played. With a season like the one of 2005 in mind, everyone would say: "I quit!" if you would not give him some time to ponder all the pros and contras.

No dissenstion on that. Any player would get his time to think it over.

5. At the end of January, I think, MM will have his coaching- team completed and will also have enough info's about TT's strategy so that Brett has all options to decide. Let's give him these two weeks, but then he should show us his ability to make quick decisions (this time off the field).

Why wasting energy on what Brett was and is and will be for the GBP, what could be if or if not, what the Pack was 50, 40, 30 and 20 years ago without Farve, what might be in the heads of BF, TT, MM, 007?
Toooo many ifs and coulds and whens, imo.

Mehr sog i net!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW....I been away for awhile and I see my comments may have touched a nerve. For those ingrates and idiots who asked me to tone it down and are looking for an apology......BITE ME!!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What else are we going to talk about...the draft???

C'mon..get serious...

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
WOW....I been away for awhile and I see my comments may have touched a nerve. For those ingrates and idiots who asked me to tone it down and are looking for an apology......BITE ME!!

no apology asked for here - get a grip! :roll:

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
• The Packers expect a decision from Brett Favre on his playing future to come at roughly the same time this year as it did in 2005. Favre last year announced his intentions to play at "Packers Fan Fest," which is scheduled for March 10-12.

this is from the whispers in the NFL on ESPN

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
First of all..IPB...the words "Tromadz" and "right"..should never be used in the same sentence..unless that sentence is.."Tromadz is NOT right..."...imo

Secondly, YOU PEOPLE ARE OUT OF YOUR FRICKIN' MINDS.....

lol,nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts