1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Chris Benoit...RIP

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by umair, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    PackerLegend thats what i wanted to know. :(

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I think he killed himself because he had a rage, an outburst that pushed him over the edge to kill his wife, then his son a day later. I think the guilt after the rage is why he killed himself.

I wasn't there though so I don't know.

3. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i was watching the news last night and they said that they found steroids in his house. he purchased them from an online company.

4. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +111
    Right Zero and Umair Steroids weren't used according to WWE.com and they say he didn't do it in rage.

5. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    So,

Roids make you bigger, stronger, faster, and can possibly put one in a killing rage.

Sounds like a perfect suppliment to add to Puppy Chow.

I hope Vick's family is not following this story.

R.P.

6. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just tossing this out there -- for all of you conspiracy theorists.

Wikipedia had a posting at 12:01 AM Monday stating that Benoit missed Sunday's PPV due to the death of his wife.

Police found the Benoit family's bodies Monday at 2:00 PM.

The posting had an IP address of a computer registered in Stamford CT -- where the WWE is headquartered.

Did someone in WWE have inside information? Or did Benoit have a company computer?

Benoit sent several text messages -- saying he overslept, missed his plane, his wife and son were sick, etc... Then the cryptic ones saying that the dogs were put up and the garage door open -- to get someone to come in and find the bodies.

The only person to have voice contact with him says that he sounded groggy and out of it.

Could Benoit himself have been drugged and murdered? Who would have something to gain from eliminating him? The steroid suppliers that are under investigation? The WWE?

Even McMahon's statements on ECW sound kid of mafia-like -- "saying that after his statement, Chris Benoit's name would not be mentioned."

If it were not true, it would have the makings of a wrestling storyline?

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I just think that McMahon just wants to distance himself from all of it. He's probably afraid that they WILL find steroids in the body, and that it will make his "empire" look bad. (Like they don't already)

8. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't watched wrestling in ages, but it seems like it's all gone down hill since UFC started becoming more popular.

9. Schmitty

Schmitty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Chris is in a very hot place right now and I doubt he's at peace. :jumpflame:

10. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +111
    yeah hopefully he is.

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I saw on TV last night where they are going after his doctor for the steroids.

12. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, they've raided his office twice in the last few days. He was supplying Benoit with testoterone to help with low levels, which is usually caused by steroid use. I think I even read that the same doctor has been either arrested or investigated for the same thing before.

13. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    No.

This wasn't a rage. It was very drawn out and happened over the course of two\three(we'll find out if it was 3 in a week) days.

This is not a steroid thing. The media is turning it into a steroid thing because that's popular to do, AND it helps belittle wrestling(as if it needs help).

If anything, and this is only coming out now(due to shabby reporting in the USA) that it is probably a concussion\brain thing, and NOT a steroid thing.

But nevermind, carry on with your silly steroid ramblings. Nothing to see here.

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Are you trying to say steroids are good?
    If they were in his system, it may have messed up his ability to reason. It doesn't just have to ba a "rage" thing. A mixture of foreign chemicals in him might have added problems to whatever was going on inside the guy.
    Then again, it might be just that he was a useless piece of s**t, and decided to kill his family.
    I don't know for certain, and i don't think any of us do know for sure. Maybe the toxicology report might shed some light on it.

15. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1. prolonged steroid use can lead to severe depression
    2. he was 5' 10 220 lbs. that means he was 2 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier than me. not that big, especially for a wrestler
    3. sad how the WWE put together that huge tribute show and made such a big deal about him and then after the facts came out had to retract and call him a monster (which he is)\
    4. I have no interest in wrestling....however my girlfriends son LOVES it so I try to keep track of what's happening so I can have something to connect to him with.

16. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Try to read before you jump to conclusions, moron. That's right. I called you a MORON! :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :kickcan:

17. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It wasn't rage but steroids could be involved. I am just speculating but he could've been addicted to them in the past. In 2006 of February, the WWE enforced a steroid testing program. One that is more legit than any of the previous ones.

That could've forced him to get off of the steroids. I heard on the news a side effect of getting off of steroids when you were addicted is depression. Depression can cause one to think their loved ones are better off dead or in Heaven than here on Earth. That according to a psychiatrists whom I also heard on TV.

So from what I heard roid rage certainly wasn't involved but steroids could've been. Just not in the form that everyone is used to or expects.

18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think all of us are trying to figure out a "reason" he did it.............because we know that we could not murder our wife and child.
    So our minds can't accept that this guy just did something so awful.
    I still think drugs may be involved in it.
    Time will tell.

19. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    You can not speculate. If you speculate or try to guess what COULD have happened you will be pointed WRONG even if you clearly state you were not there and you do not know.

20. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I just heard on the news where he had 10 times the normal testosterone level in his body.
    Anyone think steroids didn't have a play in this now?

21. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

22. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    link

Sperry said there is no consensus that the use of testosterone can contribute to paranoia, depression or violent outbursts known as "roid rage."

Sperry said, "There is conflicting scientific data as to whether or not testosterone creates mental disorders or leads to outbursts of rage," he said. "There's data that suggests it and other data that refutes it."

~~~~~~~~~~~

So theres data that suggests roid rage happens, and other data saying it doesnt happen...

23. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    yup

24. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    this thread is amusing. get a clue, guys.

25. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Yah! Get a clue!