1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Benoit...RIP

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by umair, Jun 26, 2007.

1. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  2. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I watch Wrestling and I always thought Benoit came off as a respected family guy but it seems he had his demons. No matter what problems you have to overcome, you should never take an innocent life and for that my feelings are mix. I think it's disgusting for what happen but I'm going to miss watching the guy wrestle. I feel bad for the wife and kid. Their time was cut short.

3. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    screw this guy.

4. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think "Rest In Peace" applies here, now that they've released the info about what happened. What a coward.

5. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +112
    Benoit killed them both like i thought yesterday he is a coward.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    If he wanted to kill himself, thats his business. But HOW could he smother his own son???
    I don't know, but i wouldn't doubt if steroids had something to do with it.

7. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +112
  8. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So what you're saying is...the biggest company in an industry infested with steroid use wants to deflect attention away from steroid abuse as a possible contributing factor to a double murder? Shocking!

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Well then...........IF he wasn't on steroids, then it wasn't because of a mind altering drug.
    So that means he's just a MURDERING S.O.B. that heartlessly killed his own wife and child.
    Yeah.....that makes me feel alot better. (sarcasm)

10. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +112
    yeah and you wouldn't want to know how he did it. i wont post a link its makes me sick. His Son had a disease and he couldnt be cured there is a lot not told, Benoit is a Coward Rot in Hell.

11. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    ESPN this morning reported that there WAS steroids found in the home. Don't for a MINUTE tell me you get as big as he was without steroids....of course he was juicing!

They IMO, need to really exploit the part steroids played in this. Bad stuff man.....bad stuff.

12. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +112
    The results according to a drug sample on the 1st May i think said Benoit was clean and hadn't used steroids.

13. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I HIGHLY doubt it was "roid rage" as everyone seems to think. The guy tied up his wife and killed her one day, then waited till the next day to kill his son, then waited till the next day to kill himself. I know people who have suffered from roid rage, and tying someone up isn't something that would cross the mind of someone raging, let alone sitting in a house with the bodies for a three day period. You DO NOT have to be taking steroids to get that big. I'm not saying he wasn't, but steroids aren't the only way to get big. Not everyone who is muscular and well defined take steroids.

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats true.
    That being said, what would lead a guy to do something like this? Maybe it wasn't "rage", but maybe messed up his thought pattern.
    I guess i'm trying to come up with some kind of reasoning that would lead a person to do something so horrible.

15. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Makes me wonder, WHO did the testing? And everyone knows there are ways around the test. Use someone else's urine, or a "whizzanator".

I agree with Trippster........if they DO find it in his system, make sure EVERYONE knows it. Maybe it will keep some guy from taking the stuff.

16. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's hard to find any reason why someone would do that. His own kid, for crying out loud. I don't have any kids yet, but I just don't see how you could do that to your own child. It makes you think there HAD to be some kind of outside interference, like drugs. But, who knows. Maybe he was just a horrible person, and no one knew.

17. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He wasn't that big of a guy. He was about 230 I think. That's not huge especially for a wrestler.

Really can't speculate on anything until the tests come back.

18. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm stunned.

IMO, Benoit was the best technical wrestler in the WWE currently, and he seemed like a good guy. I certainly enjoyed watching him, he could entertain by simply wrestling, not going out and using sexual innuendo or needing to talk for 10 minutes. That is a rare thing in wrestling these days.

I can't begin to imagine what would make him murder his wife and child. Very unfortunate, though. His wife and especially child deserved so much better.

There are reports that his child suffered from Fragile X syndrome, and that must have been really tough on the family since Benoit was away from home up to 300 days a year.

But did is totally out of left field.

19. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    wow, people still watch wrestling.

i stopped when i was 10.

20. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    According to CNN news 20 million people watch wrestling on TV and live shows a Week.

It gets better ratings than the NBA.

21. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I almost feel guilty about liking him in the ring now knowing what he did. No matter the problems he should of never killed a helpless women and child.

22. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    theres a lotta trailer parks in America my friend..

23. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You have nothing to feel guilty about. It's not like you, or any of us knew that he was capable of something like this.

24. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +112

There are reports that his child suffered from Fragile X syndrome i heard about that yesterday.

25. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    NO way does he deserve RIP, the dude killed his family. Why couldnt he just take his own life and not everyone elses.