Chmura blasts Favre

Status
Not open for further replies.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently "Lord" Favre and his long-time friend aren't friends anymore.

I tore "Chewy" a new backend during the ****** assault thing...but he is dead on with his comments about Favre.

I especially appreciate that Favre called out Walker for not being a team player last year, then strings out TT this year, trying to force the GM to make moves Favre wants...for Favre, and not in the long-term best interest of the team.

I noticed last year the attitude shift in Lord Favre and methinks the ego has overtaken him.

http://www.espn1510.com/audio/

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shocking.......net chooses a ********* over Brett.

Please give us the name of the reputable reporter that would even ask chewy his opinion on this.

The fact that you think Brett Favre would suddenly develop a huge ego after 14 years in the league and winning 3 MVP's shows your lack in knowledge not only about Brett but about human nature in general.

C'mon net......I know Brett broke all of your hero's team records but don't blame him for being a better QB than Bart Starr.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just because he was a *********, doesn't mean that one of Favre's former best friends, who knows him much better than any other reporter, TT, or any of us, can't have a reputable opinion about Favre and a contract.

I admit there is a bit of a bias here (e.g. the quote about the arrest), but there is some truth to what he's saying. Favre holding out obviously is not putting the team first. Am I saying that's bad? Not necessarily, he's done a lot for the team, he's near that age anyway, etc...but it's the truth.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I listened to Chewy and I found a funny last paragraph:

"Well I will make my decision when I want and TT or MM are going to tell me what to do"

Well if TT is the big boss and MM is the HC they should have the balls to go see Brett and ask him face to face:

"Well dude are you coming or not?" "we need to know and need to know now in the behalf opf the whole organization".... But they wont because they run a huge risk that the answer will be "Yes just sign this two FA and I will come, if you are doing things for the sake of the GBP just sign this 2 players"... or "No thanks I wont come back to a team that is now in full rebuild mode"...

OP
OP
net

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack-

Wrong again, as usual. When have you ever been right? Good thing you mention Bart Starr. Man of class, even under tough conditions.
Starr has five championships and two Super Bowl MVP's. Sorry Favre can't match the real numbers of the NFL.
By the way, there were many rumors among the media that Lord Favre also had some 'excursions' when he and Chewy were buds. I guess your guy isn't so straight and narrow, either.

Chmura appeared on ESPN radio in Milwaukee.

I posted this on Times Four and sums it up...before I go DePack, the one-trick pony criticism is getting really dull.

----
Sorry Favreland...but this Packers fan of 46 years(my first game I remember was watching on TV the Eagles-Packers championship in 1960) has had enough of what ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio calls "Lord Favre".

This entire episode has changed me, maybe not forever, about how I view Favre.

I firmly believe his ego has pushed him to believe he's bigger than the Green Bay Packers, that they can't live on without him, and he's in charge, not the front office.

"What are they going to do, cut me?" Yes, they should.

I haven't supported TT much, but he has handled this situation exactly how it should be done.

Mike Golic this morning on ESPN quoted Chmura and supported his comments. Only the most gullible will believe that somehow Brett is a victim or is right to hold his employer...someone paying him 10 freakin' million dollars a year...hostage while he makes up his royal mind whether the team has done what he wants them to do.

I have this statement: go to hell Brett Favre. Please stay in Mississippi until you realize that the Green Bay Packers organization will be just fine without you. You are not the future, you are the past. It is time to move on, even if that means a couple more losing seasons.

I never quite figured out what Mike McKenzie was so ticked about. He wanted a new contract, but he also mentioned that things were out of whack.

I think I'm beginning to see how out of whack it is. I now think that Mike Sherman lost his job in no small part because he couldn't control Brett Favre.
I'm sorry Favre loyalists. I'm a Packers fan first and now a Brett Favre fan fifth.

I'm truly sorry this egomaniac is allowing his own image to be tarnished and simply not going out with some class. Even if he does come back this year I won't cheer for him. If you apply disgust to the actions of Javon Walker, then I don't know how you cannot apply the same principles of disgust to Lord Favre.

I truly think TT should tell him to retire or the Packers will cut him. Enough is enough.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
Apparently "Lord" Favre and his long-time friend aren't friends anymore.

I tore "Chewy" a new backend during the ****** assault thing...but he is dead on with his comments about Favre.

I especially appreciate that Favre called out Walker for not being a team player last year, then strings out TT this year, trying to force the GM to make moves Favre wants...for Favre, and not in the long-term best interest of the team.

I noticed last year the attitude shift in Lord Favre and methinks the ego has overtaken him.

http://www.espn1510.com/audio/

methinks you're full of garbage. a 15 year vet w/kids, wife, superbowl championship, 3 mvp's, can take some time to decide.

the draft hasn't happened, no training camps, and we haven't lost out on any free-agents

it is getting old, but only 'cause the media is making such a big deal over the whole thing!!

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
just because he was a *********, doesn't mean that one of Favre's former best friends, who knows him much better than any other reporter, TT, or any of us, can't have a reputable opinion about Favre and a contract.

I admit there is a bit of a bias here (e.g. the quote about the arrest), but there is some truth to what he's saying. Favre holding out obviously is not putting the team first. Am I saying that's bad? Not necessarily, he's done a lot for the team, he's near that age anyway, etc...but it's the truth.

who's the *********??????!!!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Well I listened to Chewy and I found a funny last paragraph:

"Well I will make my decision when I want and TT or MM are going to tell me what to do"

Well if TT is the big boss and MM is the HC they should have the balls to go see Brett and ask him face to face:

"Well dude are you coming or not?" "we need to know and need to know now in the behalf opf the whole organization".... But they wont because they run a huge risk that the answer will be "Yes just sign this two FA and I will come, if you are doing things for the sake of the GBP just sign this 2 players"... or "No thanks I wont come back to a team that is now in full rebuild mode"...

Of course.

If this thing is really playing out the way net, musccy and others think it is....it is time to lose all respect for Ted Thompson, not Brett Favre.

Thompson runs this team. His "we need to know", "take your time", "there is no timetable", "it's hurting us in free agency" rhetoric is laughable. This guy's supposed to be a tough guy. He looks like such an idiot in this situation. There will always be Favre haters posting on forums. 99% of all Packer fans have no problem with Favre. The negative ones just like to type more.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chmura was found "NOT GUILTY" in a court of law.

Favre didn't publicly support Chewey during that whole scenario.

Chewey is now a bitter ex-friend with an axe to grind and he found a way to strike back.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack...what do you think would happen if TT cut Brett, or was the reason that Brett retired (e.g. by forcing him to decide). Hell's wrath would be unleashed in the media and all over these boards, TTs dogs would be dead, and every roll of TP produced by WI would be in his front yard...we all know that.

And again, stop assuming some ppl who don't bow down to Brett w/ every post are Favre haters...I'm just calling a spade a spade...he's not putting the team first right now....whether that's right or wrong, it's the truth.

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chewy didnt **** anyone... that was proven, however, he was in a hot tub, drinking with a minor and he was proven guilty of that...

Do you people remember when Brett and Chewy would go out drinking and causing trouble in the mid 90's?

If Favre didn't call Chewy when he was in trouble, I am sure he had a good reason.

Chewy is the least credible person out of all this, so who cares what he says?

So, Brett wants to wait to see if there's a winner? Big deal... if the Pack was in a total rebuilding process would any of you even want him to come back? He isn't being selfish, he is being realistic.

Brett has provided me soooo many great sports memories, AND however long his decision making process is it shouldnt matter.

The Packers didnt and will not miss out on any QB in the off-season. They drafter Aaron Rodgers last year in the FIRST ROUND for crumps sakes! That is their QB of the future whether you guys like it or not!!

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, the things that Chewy said about Brett are very very sad... What an idiot he is. If Brett didnt call him during his troubles, that is personal business and he should have never said it publically. Why try and destroy all the fan's pleasant thoughts of their hero? That is just pathetic on American Chewey's part. That guy is a loser.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
greenbegas...then don't complain if Brees blossoms and AR flops. Imagine if Brett retires...we have NO veteran w/ any playing experience at the position...not Brooks, Kitna, Brees, Griese...no back up plan whatsoever!

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brees very well could turn out to be good, but that contract he got would not be a good choice for the Packers... The Packers have very many holes and have to fill them before they waist their money on a big FA QB like Brees, who is coming off a major injury I might add.

Rodgers will have very many growing pains, as all new QBs do unless you are Ben R., but that is fine.

Do you really think if Favre would have retired right after the season ended they would have snatched up Drew Brees or Culpepper?? Come on... You are not being realistic.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I truly think TT should tell him to retire or the Packers will cut him. Enough is enough.

Net,
I agree with you on that point.
The only problem is "tough guy Teddy" doesn't have the guts to do it . He is supposedly the boss.
I think Teddy is holding the Packers "hostage" not Brett Favre.
If he can't stand the heat he should get out of the kitchen.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
musccy said:
greenbegas...then don't complain if Brees blossoms and AR flops. Imagine if Brett retires...we have NO veteran w/ any playing experience at the position...not Brooks, Kitna, Brees, Griese...no back up plan whatsoever!

Then don't you think that should make TT get off of his *** muscy and do something about it...??

Like say.."Hey Brett..we want you back buddy...What's it going to take to get you to forget about retirement. Let's come up with a plan.."

No..instead from TT you get stoney silence and it's starting to look like he is impotent and has no balls...Maybe the reason that TT hasn't taken this approach is because his ego doesn't really have room for a Brett Favre, and he really doesn't want him around running "his Packers"...

Think about it...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
greenbegas...They may have paid brees the $$$...we're paying Brett 12 mil to be our qb this year...but any vet that you could rely on was what I was getting at...a Griese, Kitna, or whomever is at least a solid plan in case AR didn't work

D. Levens...Brett Favre is an untouchable god in Green Bay / Wisconsin...and as I said in another post, imagine the fall out if TT was the primary reason that Brett retired. It would be absolutely ruthless...and he knows it.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net...I won't even get into who the better QB was. That alone shows your lack of football knowledge. But I can tell my post hit home real hard by your response. As for the rest of your rant....who is the arrogant one? To repost something from another board because you think it was so good smells of it. Dude...you hate Favre big deal. Jealousy runs rampant around professional athletes. Why you think TT has handled this great is amazing. If making yourself look like a p*ssy is great, I'm with you.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
DePack...what do you think would happen if TT cut Brett, or was the reason that Brett retired (e.g. by forcing him to decide). Hell's wrath would be unleashed in the media and all over these boards, TTs dogs would be dead, and every roll of TP produced by WI would be in his front yard...we all know that.

yep, people like to think...

-TT is a ***** for not being firm with favre(but hes giving favre respect, which most of the people here will say hes earned..hmmm)

or

-TT should just cut Favre if he's such a tough guy.(which would make him a dead man)

People here humor me so much...it makes me glad I have a CPU at work.

edit----got a chance to listen to the sound bytes---

I've been saying most of that since free agency! Of course, I dont have the bitter tone with it. My tone is SAD, cuz this situation is making me SAD. :( I want favre back, but his actions....are making me SAD. :(

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my 2 cents (which is probably more then my opinion is worth). First........I don't blame Chmura for feeling abandoned by Favre during his legal trouble. It's true that Favre didn't help him, whether Chmura was guilty or not. If i screwed up big time, i sure would want my friends to at least help me through it. Chmura was guilty of being STUPID. Being in a hot tub with underage girls is NOT using your head.......(your BIG head at least) It is true,.........Favre, Chmura and others on the team were KNOWN party animals. And ONLY when Deanna put her foot down on Brett did he straighten out. Favre was NO choir boy, for sure! I heard some things from one of his workers at his restaurant in Milwaukee...........and i won't repeat them, as i didn't see them myself. But i don't doubt that they were true, as this was before Brett stopped partying.
You find out who your TRUE friends are when you are going through adversity. Real friends help you, untrue ones run.
I DO feel Favre's indecision is hurting not only the team, but the fans view of him. He alone is doing damage to his legacy. If there is something DEFINITE he wants to see before he decides, he should come right out and say it. I want this, this and this, THEN i will come back. (Maybe he has done this behind closed doors, i don't know.) Sooner or later, either the Packers, or he, has to make a decision. I just hope it doesn't deterioate more.
There are different opinions on this subject on this forum, and i see BOTH sides. I think both have their good and bad points.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Chmura was never convicted and there is a big difference between drinking with an under age minor and praying on children. If he had been an NBA star it would never have been an issue.
2. I don't think one player (Favre) should have the power to try and dictate what the club should do in terms of personnel. Give him a deadline and hold to it.
3. If Favre does not come back we should get Kerry Collins as a backup. Granted he is not great but was a proven winner at NY and Carolina and I don't think the circus they call the Raiders necessarily reflects what he can do. At minimum he would be a veteran backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts