CHILDRESS TO THE VIKINGS

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good info, tano.

good, i did not want that guy in GB(even as OC), this is good news for GB cuz Childress sucks(IMO)! YAY!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom I know you were just kidding when you said Childress "Sucks" You are way to wise about the game to actually think that.

I would not say any coach who is in being considered for one of the vacant positions "Sucks" They are all good coaches... The big huge question is "Will" they be the right coach for the right organization and team... and be given the opportunity to get the players to adapt and accept their new system and or leadership.

IMHO the best opportunity a new coach had as far as one of the open oppotunities a team to take over, for the fastest results in a division, in a confrence, with a city behind them, and from a talent on hand standpoint is Kansas City. Perhaps that is why they have already chosen their coach (Herm) and are now in negotiation to work out compensation and get him.

It amazes me that there is a coach out there who is only being considered by one team.... The Raiders.

That head coach that is not on anyone else's radar screen is ART SHELL?

Al Davis fired him after a 9 and 7 seson and he is a former NFL coach of the year. Al Davis has said one of the biggest mistakes he made in was firing Art Shell, and Art has never been given another chance.

I hope it is not becuase he is black, and I hope the Packers would consider him, or he would come back to the Raiders.

RP

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Where is Art..?

Does he want a coach..?

That would be cool if the Packers landed him and held onto Bates..!

Yes!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider I think Art's probably been away from the game too long now. He did great job with the Raiders and had they let him alone, he would have won even more.

As for Childress, I'm glad he took the Viking job. He seems to be highly thought of, but I still think school is out on whether he can handle the big job. He wouldn't not have been in my top give choices. It may be a good hire for the Vikings, but it may turn out to be even better for us.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I was hoping for a defensive guy.
But I think this ownership, unlike Red, will at least give Childress eveything he will need to do the job.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I wonder if TT decided on Bates already and is scheduling interviews as a 'jus in case' type deal and maybe he interviewed Childress in the idea he wanted to make the Vikings rush into signing him. The only reason I even think of that is because I didn't hear the Vikings interviewing anyone else and also TT had a private interview with Bates as well scheduled a interview with Bates. I'm wondering if the private convo was asking him if he'd stick around even if someone else was the HC.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
zero....may be. He has scheduled Bates interview next Thursday after most if not all the others. Remember, in this politically correct NFL, now you just can't go out and hire a coach....you need to please Jesse Jackson, Helen Ready, Osama Bin Laden and The Dali Lama, with the interview process, even if you have no intentions of giving them a shot. To me this is even more insulting and demeaning.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
zero....may be. He has scheduled Bates interview next Thursday after most if not all the others. Remember, in this politically correct NFL, now you just can't go out and hire a coach....you need to please Jesse Jackson, Helen Ready, Osama Bin Laden and The Dali Lama, with the interview process, even if you have no intentions of giving them a shot. To me this is even more insulting and demeaning.

I couldn't agree more DePack...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know that Bates will be the guy, but he certainly fits the mold of the type of coach TT would hire. Hard nosed, demanding of players yet still commands their respect, an educator of football...boy that defense really made a jump under his guidance. I just think his age may make a difference for a lot of teams, right or wrong, based on the demands of the modern HC.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:

Yeap. I agree. I think it's absurd that a minority has to be interviewed. If I was a minority I'd enter a interview wondering 'are they wanting me or using me'

Latest posts