Childress to replace Sherman?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PPierce said:
I think we are so disorganized and playing so poorly that if we don't fire Sherman before the end of the season, the team will be in shambles for any new head coach next year. It may be too late for next year.

i agree...with the number of fundamental uh-oh's that this team has had...penalties, penalties, penalties, fumbles, drops, and a few more penalties, they are getting the wrong message from somewhere...my guess is from the HC

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
The Pats had, I believe, 14 penalties vs. Carolina. Must be a bad HC over there too.

The difference is we haven't won a single game this season, sure the pats lost to carolina, but they have won games..

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
The Pats had, I believe, 14 penalties vs. Carolina. Must be a bad HC over there too.

but this team has shown no improvement against three not that good teams...i'm not using penalties as the prime example...penalties, fumbles, picks, not forcing turnovers on defense, mental breakdowns on defense

you know what the difference between the packers and patriots is...the patriots win...they overcome their mistakes and win the damn game, because they have the motivation to win, something i've always questioned under all of the MS packer teams

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Javon...if you're going to question the defense ("not forcing T.Os on D, mental breakdowns on D) then why are you only blaming MS, and not blaming Bates as well?

Also, you cite picks being an issue...that's on Favre's shoulders...Holmgren, Rhodes, Sherman, Bevell, etc. have never been able to tame his propencity to throw 4-5 STUPID passes/game.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should at least let Sherman finish the season. It is not all his fault and changing mid stream isn't going to help and will limit who wants to move now and who we can get. Whatever coach we get we also need an infusion of talent. Donatteli was an excellent coordinator but we blamed him when the talent just wasn't there. Sherman did seem more into the game this week and is a decent coach, I just think we could do better and his die is cast.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
We should at least let Sherman finish the season. It is not all his fault and changing mid stream isn't going to help and will limit who wants to move now and who we can get. Whatever coach we get we also need an infusion of talent. Donatteli was an excellent coordinator but we blamed him when the talent just wasn't there. Sherman did seem more into the game this week and is a decent coach, I just think we could do better and his die is cast.

that i can agree with...changing a football coach is a big thing and i dont think mid season is the time to do that

after the season however...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pax and Javon...you guys are correct. No matter what your opinion of him is, changing mid-season, esp. when it appears that the team is starting to improve, will be counter-productive.

Members online

Latest posts