Childress to replace Sherman?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard that too! Childress is widely respected for being a west coast offense guru...I also wouldn't mind seeing Bryant Westbrook in Green and Gold next year because it would make more sense signing him to a long term deal than Ahman IMO.

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy who got run out Wisconsin? The guy who Terrell Owens openly disrespected in Training Camp?

Ooo-boy.

Get ready for another 30 years of suck.

OP
OP
T

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
recte44 said:
The guy who got run out Wisconsin? The guy who Terrell Owens openly disrespected in Training Camp?

Ooo-boy.

Get ready for another 30 years of suck.

He was run out of Wisconsin but you can't criticize a guy for getting disrespected by T.O. I mean, who doesn't?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and T.O. also disrespected McNabb, one of the classiest guys in the league, as well as one of the most talented. Being dissed by T.O means you are a stand up guy cuz you dont put up with his ****.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i would love to see it, someone with a system, an actual game plan...get aaron rodgers a good coach to work with, because sherman will run that kid into the ground, a lot like how he.......well i'm not gonna finish that sentence but you know where i'm going

ALRIGHT I GOTTA SAY IT...maybe when childress moves into Lambeau as Sherman is moving out he can say "hey thanks for punting the ball back to us in 2004"

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Childress is the answer, as a head coach. He just doesn't seem like a strong enough personality. Our timing has been so bad, any of the other Holgrem assistants,Reid, Mooch, or Gruden and we are OK.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
I don't think Childress is the answer, as a head coach. He just doesn't seem like a strong enough personality. Our timing has been so bad, any of the other Holgrem assistants,Reid, Mooch, or Gruden and we are OK.

if my master plan goes thru and Sherman is canned after '04...
Crennel, Weis available...hell even if our OC spot would've been open--Norm Chow

I'm confident Brad Childress would make a darn good head coach for this team to start rebuilding around Aaron Rodgers...he made Donovan McNabb from a scrambling, undisciplined passer to one of the best and most efficient QB's in the league...he utilizes every bit of talent that team has, always finds new ways for Westbrook, Owens to get into the game...Ditto his two tight ends Lewis and LJ Smith...his offense never turns the ball over (cough)...and most importantly, a man who's from wisconsin knows DAMN WELL what packer tradition is about and a guy like that coahcing in green bay is our best shot to have it restored

either way, it's time to start shopping

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:

The question is, could he do any worse than Sherman?

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry gang, the season isn't over yet. There's 13 to go. Would you fire Sherman if the final record is 11-5 and in the playoffs?

Why would anyone speculate on replacing a coach with less than 1/4 of the season gone?

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chick: how about making it TODAY..

Hard situations need hard responses, so we are loosing the season here, I say this is the moment to make a decision !!!

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:

Hard situations need hard responses, so we are loosing the season here, I say this is the moment to make a decision !!!

One possibility is Bates HC and D-coordinator for the balance of the season.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CalifPacker said:
Chamuko said:

One possibility is Bates HC and D-coordinator for the balance of the season.

maybe lets give sherman one more game.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
Why would anyone speculate on replacing a coach with less than 1/4 of the season gone?

we're 0-3, we lost to three teams that didn't make the playoffs last year, twice at home...we're like -9 turnovers on the season, penalties penalties penalties...gotta turn it around

and its not like sherman was revered before this season

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Childress - is a quandry... and veddy interesting to say the least.

I mean, really now, being run out of Wisconsin and all....

I'll have to do some homework - but remember this Cheeseheads..

TT just resigned Mike Sherman to another contract extension....

THEY BOTH expect to live up to that agreement - and you nor I have squat to say about it, unless as OWNERS, we write in and say so...

SO - YOU TELL ME -- like in the Kevin Costner movie - The Untouchables.....

"What are you willing to do....?" (Sean Connery)

- You all got voices here... but when your arses are on the line... repeat that question.... to yourselves and THEN FOLLOW THROUGH....

I'll help ya write it... seriously.. I'll help......

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
TT just resigned Mike Sherman to another contract extension....

You know him signing that contract I really wonder about. I could be WAY wrong on this and surely will get blasted for it. But it almost seems like he doesn't have his heart into it anymore. Then TT threw the contract in front of him promising him over 6 million whether he is here or not, **** would you sign it? I know I would. It seems like it was a better deal for Sherman than it was the Packers. I could go into more detail about this but I don't know how to state it properly.

PPierce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we are so disorganized and playing so poorly that if we don't fire Sherman before the end of the season, the team will be in shambles for any new head coach next year. It may be too late for next year.

Members online

Latest posts