1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Childress chose Vikes over Pack?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Greg C., Mar 21, 2006.

1. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's a bit from the Minneapolis paper about Brad Childress, which I scammed from the Sports Illustrated web site:

Evidently new Vikings coach Brad Childress hasn't been mincing words in meetings with his new players. "They look at me and there is just a little bit of, 'Who is this guy? What does he stand for?' " he said. "What I told them is, 'You didn't pick me, I picked you.' Because if I didn't take this job I was going down the road to take the job with the Green Bay Packers."
    -- Minneapolis Star Tribune

Sounds a little arrogant, as if he thinks the Green Bay job was his for the taking. But I suppose he's just trying to get his team fired up by mentioning their arch rivals. It could add some spice to next year's Packer/Viking games.

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    it sounds like a "rah rah" line from childress, selling himself to his players and fans.

3. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    he sucks

4. ILOVETHEPACK

ILOVETHEPACK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Can't wait to see him in a Vqueen helmet, with the braids and horns.

5. PackFaninBucLand

PackFaninBucLand Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I was a little excited about the rumors that had Childress departing the Eagles and going to Green Bay until I spoke with the folks in Madison that informed me that there were many there that cheered when he left the UW.

After these comments, I can see why. I doubt very much that TT had Childress cast as HC before the interview process.

6. BACKIN-PACKIN

BACKIN-PACKIN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    While this has absolutely nothing to do with his ability as a head coach, I find the name Childress---CHIL/DRESS ---not very much foreboding of anything having to do with success as a head coach, much the same way as the name-----DENNY GREEN!

7. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1) He's a baldy!!!
    2) He has never revealed if radiation, illness, or lack of bloodflow led to his physical deformity.
    3) That ugly condition is perfect for indoors. Imagine sunlight reflecting off that thing and blinding people.
    4) If he had any consideration for others he would cover that monstrosity with a wig but the guy has no shame or embarassment.
    5) Without any shame he belongs with the vikings.

8. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually like his attitude. I think he's a no BS coach. I don't like the hiring of McCarthy but I'm willing to give him a benefit of the doubt.

9. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Seeing as Childress is the HC of Vikings I don't understand why the question if he chose the Vikings over the Packers. I thought that was obvious :p

10. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The reason for the question, zero, is that Childress implies that he could've had either job. But that seems like an idle boast on his part, as the Packers never even had a chance to interview him.

11. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    And I could have been President, I chose to continue my 'career' at Dish Network instead.

No offense, but who cares? He's the Vikings HC with a whiny Kicker. He can toot his skin flute all he wants.

12. Vikeman

Vikeman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah he's the Vikings head coach...so he sucks now.

Sounds like Darren Sharper all over again.

13. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Well, truth be told I always thought Childress sucked. His being the Vikings HC cemented that :)

Sharper was a good talent, but in last couple years in GB were weak. Probably due to injury.

He played very well for the Vikings last year because he was in the pro bowl and that is the most accurate way to acknowledge a player excelled in their position.

14. Vikeman

Vikeman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay explain to me why you think Childress sucks. The man has never head coached a football game. Maybe you know something I don't but I was under the impression that Childress had a little bit of success in Philly.

While were on head coaches, who is the Packers head coach? I forget his name. You know the guy you chose over Jim Bates.

15. Vikeman

Vikeman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Also I'd like to add that if you would have stated Mike Tice sucks, I would have understood and had little or no recourse. I would just like a valid explanation as to what qualifies Childress sucking. Personal feelings aside. Thanks.

16. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Our coach is someone who I'd rather have been the OC and Bates th HC.

Why I got the impression Childress sucks doesn't matter to me anymore. When the Packers were 'in the hunt' for coachs I read up on each canidate and made my own opinions about them. All I recall about Childress is something about him made my opinion that he 'sucks'.

17. PackerSacker54

PackerSacker54 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Yeah maybe he'll be as dominant of a head coach as he was coordinating the Eagles offense against the Seahawks on MNF in 2005. :wink:

18. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Childress had his a$$ run out of Wisconsin. I think the chances are pretty slim he was ever going to end up in Green Bay.

19. ILOVETHEPACK

ILOVETHEPACK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I do not think that the point as if he actually sucks, but boasting that he had a chance at the Packer job. As far as I remember he was never interviewed. Sounds like he is pumping up the Vicking fans. Your welcome :idea:

20. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I do believe it.

Why:

Childress went to a team that has a GM that wants to win and is willing to take risks and pay for good players and will let him do the coaching.

We have a thigtward GM who doesnt want to pay for good players, has a ME-ME and only ME personality so we got MM a coach that will lick TT´s foot in order to stay in the job.

Ence next year we will loose both games agains the queenies,,,,,

21. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Vikes did bad thing when they signed the first coach that walked in. They are to impulsive.

22. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    So... after year one ... how do we feel about "missing out" on Coach Childress?

23. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I am glad Chili went to the Queens... he may turn out to be a good head coach, but he seems to much of a dictator to build a young team like ours.

24. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Childress aka Mr. Burns

25. vike4life

vike4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would trade you Chili for a case of Old Milwaukee and a bag of pork rinds right now.