1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Chicago furniture store

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by cheesey, Sep 12, 2006.

1. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    A Chicago furniture store owner told his customers that if the Bears shut out the Packers, their purchases would be free!
    It is gonna cost the guy over 300 grand!!!
    Man.......i bet he was cheering for the Packers to score!!!

2. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i JUST heard about this too. he took out insurance to cover whatever losses he'd have. first thing he did was make sure the check he wrote to pay for the insurance had cleared!! LOL!!

3. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    was it nation wide warehouse you can carry it by yourself :)

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I had not heard that he had insurance for that! (Lucky he covered his bases!!!)

5. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Rumor has it TT now owns about 250 thousand dollars of furniture....for free!

6. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This was just e-mailed to me from a colleage, I can't believe this, just to funny, needed a little humor. :D :D :D

WEIRD NEWS: Bears Help Unpackers!(Posted 3:00 AM, 9/13/2006)

If Brett Favre had bought a La-Z-Boy at the World Furniture Mall near Plano, Illinois over Labor Day weekend, it might help explain why the Green Bay Packer quarterback took such a beating Sunday from the Chicago Bears. The furniture store promised that if the Bears shut out the Packers in the season opener in Green Bay, Labor Day weekend shoppers would get their furniture free. Sure enough, the Bears posted a staggering 26-to-nothing victory, handing Favre his first career shutout and ending the Packers' 233-game streak of always putting something on the scoreboard. Store owner Randy Gonigam sat agog Sunday evening as the Bears pulled off the unthinkable -- a feat worth about a quarter-of-a-million-dollars to his customers.