Chicago Bears get #1 Pick!!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, crazy week 18 so far. Bears lose, Texans win giving Chicago #1 & Texans #2. Regardless of their finish Seattle gets #3 from Denver via the Wilson trade.

Chicago will probably sell #1 for a boatload of picks to a QB-needy team allowing the Bears to re-tool rapidly.

OP
OP
Pkrjones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears "re-tool rapidly"? Guess you don't know the Bears
They'll have the draft picks from selling #1 (but traded away #33 for Claypool). Have the most cap space in the league, so will be players on day 1 of free agency. Plenty of ammo for an average GM to work with...but is Poles average?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I rarely watch college football these days. Are there any monster type super draft pick players available that the Bears might be tempted to pick?

OP
OP
Pkrjones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I rarely watch college football these days. Are there any monster type super draft pick players available that the Bears might be tempted to pick?
Bears need DL's & Edge rushers. Besides the top QB's there are stud DL's (Carter, Bresee) & Edges (Anderson, Murphy & Foskey that would help them after they trade down.

Could also consider a WR early (Addison or Johnston) after a bigger trade down.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears need DL's & Edge rushers. Besides the top QB's there are stud DL's (Carter, Bresee) & Edges (Anderson, Murphy & Foskey that would help them after they trade down.

Could also consider a WR early (Addison or Johnston) after a bigger trade down.
The consenus here seems to be that they're trading down then. Well, we'll see.

OP
OP
Pkrjones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears just traded #1 to Carolina for (2) 1sts, (2) 2nds & DJ Moore. Not a bad haul but I would've thought they'd get more.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Bears just traded #1 to Carolina for (2) 1sts, (2) 2nds & DJ Moore. Not a bad haul but I would've thought they'd get more.
Sadly, I think Da Bears came out pretty well on that one. The 2024 picks will most likely be top 5 picks in each round. I'm guessing that 4 QB's might go before they pick 9th, so they will still get a top 5 guy in this draft, if not the guy they wanted all along.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sadly, I think Da Bears came out pretty well on that one. The 2024 picks will most likely be top 5 picks in each round. I'm guessing that 4 QB's might go before they pick 9th, so they will still get a top 5 guy in this draft, if not the guy they wanted all along.
Lot of Bear fans like their GM now despite last season. Their fans are angrier at Nagy and their last GM. This could be a dangerous team in 2025 if they can keep Fields ON the field.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This could be a dangerous team in 2025 if they can keep Fields ON the field.
My hope (as a Packer fan) is that Fields is a failure like most of the previous OSU QB's have been in the NFL. I know a few Bear fans and none of them are 100% sold on the guy. I guess once they gets some decent players around him, it will be a better test of his abilities in the NFL.

Reaction score
My hope (as a Packer fan) is that Fields is a failure like most of the previous OSU QB's have been in the NFL. I know a few Bear fans and none of them are 100% sold on the guy. I guess once they gets some decent players around him, it will be a better test of his abilities in the NFL.
The jury is out but a verdict is coming this season. Fields played OK to good this season considering the Bears went into a mini rebuild (similar to what we will go through this season). I don’t see Fields achieving a regular top 10 QB though.

I’m more concerned about the Bears in about 2 seasons when Poles gets the train rolling.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He obviously is not on a roster that Hurts or Mahommes are.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts