Chemistry, "Perfect Storms" & the Packers after 5 Games

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Last year the Packers averaged 24.7 rushing attempts per game for a 3.9 yard/attempt average.

Last edited:

MLB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Chemistry, "Perfect Storms" & the Packers after 5 Games

GREAT post!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely. So when you're the head coach though, how do you "fix" chemistry problems? I'd think that you need to start focusing in on things instead of waiting for the chemistry to come back

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
You can't fix chemistry as a coach, those who lack the chemistry need to put in extra effort and time to fix what's broken. They have to want it. Drew Brees spends hundreds of hours in the offseason throwing with his main guys....thus keeping the chemistry alive. Arod and the boys need some extra time running routes and working on timing routes and patterns. Organized team practices are limited, but who says you can't come in and "work out"...wink wink...a little extra each day. If I were paid that much I think I would live in the practice facility and the team gym.

Reaction score
Maybe coach McCarthy outsmarted himself this off season...
Didn't he change up the practice days or something, to try and get the team ready for the goofy 1st month of the season ?

Then we got hit up by all those injuries, so the practices were cut short, then in the preseason, Bishop gets hurt in week 1, so the starters got less snaps or something... idk, we've been crap this season.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I even said it in pre-season that we didn't look comfortable.......people said " its just the pre-season, you can't tell anything" ....Ummm....yeah right.

9-7 season here we come ( if they don't remove their craniums from their rectums

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another factor have been the refs. Either scab or the "real" ones.
Whichever it is, we can't get a break from their bogus bad calls.

And I don't hesitate to put credit where it's due.
Maybe other teams are just better than us.
This may not be our year. I'm still hoping it will be.
In any case, I'm a fan of this team thick and thin.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I even said it in pre-season that we didn't look comfortable.......people said " its just the pre-season, you can't tell anything" ....Ummm....yeah right.

9-7 season here we come ( if they don't remove their craniums from their rectums
Well 9-7 has been good enough for 2 Super Bowl winning seasons in the past 6 or 7.

As far as "chemistry" goes, there is only one bad apple and we all know who that guy is. He's talented sure, but he's also the same guy who's absence down the stretch in 2010 was a big blessing in disguise. That's why I say trade him for Chris Johnson, who will add a serious spark to this offense any time he gets his hands on the ball. And like him or not, opposing defenses do fear him in open space. Some say he's lost a step, but he hasn't.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ As far as the NFC goes, a 9-7 record wont be a wild card candidate in our NFC north. Not by a long shot.

Titans would not trade chris johnson and even if they did they would want way more than a pan hands TE and money and draft picks. That would be the worst trade in history. ......and yes, he has lost a step...or two.

Alink to CJ's stat line:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnCh04.htm

As you can see, since his big season he has lost over 1000 yds of production. Through 5 games this year he is only averageing 42 yds per game, that = WEAK.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when the o-line can block sombody watch and see how thing's change. MM has to realize he doesn't have the Patriots o-line and stop getting so pass happy. We have to cut down on the long developing pass plays.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts