Cheesheads..?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Since the Green Bay "Packers" really were named after "meat packing workers"....shouldn't everyone be wearing a slab of meat on their heads instead of a hunk of cheese?

Wouldn't this be more "historically accurate"?

I realize Wisconsin is the "cheese state"...but shouldn't the "Cheeseheads" moniker be changed to the "Meatheads"?

any thoughts on this?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck 66,

YOU must REALLY be bored... I can see may be calling YOU a meathead-LOL

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hey,
i'm looking at a possible marketing angle...
tryin' to get some feedback...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having lived in Sheboygan for a dozen years prior to my relocation to the Twin Shitties, I have to say the embarrassment that is the "Brat Topper" is sufficient to quell any further discussions of meat on the dome.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry P@ck66 but a thread like this shows that the regular season is miles away. I can't believe that we're even discussing it. IMO, the cheesehead cannot be replaced even though you are right historically with the meat packing plant.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL!! Desperate times, I see. Can you imagine the seagulls from Lake Michigan?! You know some dope would actually wear a slab of meat on his head.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:
LOL!! Desperate times, I see. Can you imagine the seagulls from Lake Michigan?! You know some dope would actually wear a slab of meat on his head.

Wassup Miskito,

How about Bear meat? The Packers have been killing Bears for the better part of 15 years now! LOL I know, a cheapshot. Just too hard to resist sometimes, you know?

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meathead could also be defined as anyone who attempts to make Packers fans look like meatheads.

Cheeseheads are silly, redundant, but cute.

Meatheads are mean-spirited and designed to trap the naive into thinking this is legit.

Find another outlet, please.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Miskito said:

Wassup Miskito,

How about Bear meat? The Packers have been killing Bears for the better part of 15 years now! LOL I know, a cheapshot. Just too hard to resist sometimes, you know?

That is pretty, cheap, ND. lol. Actually, quite of a stretch, too. That's ok. It'll turn around some day. Patience, patience. :kickcan:

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I do cheer for the Bears twice a year - vs. the Viqueens.

I think with the addition of Benson, Muhammad, and getting Grossman back, they may be on to something there.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:08 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miskito wrote;

"That is pretty, cheap, ND. lol. Actually, quite of a stretch, too. That's ok. It'll turn around some day. Patience, patience. "

Gee, I think the LAST 15 years was a TURNAROUND for the Packers. We are finally beginning to catch you guys and even the series a bit. Got a while to go yet before it evens out... So hope a few more years of beating the Bears and then, FAVRE retires...

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Since the Green Bay "Packers" really were named after "meat packing workers"....shouldn't everyone be wearing a slab of meat on their heads instead of a hunk of cheese?

Wouldn't this be more "historically accurate"?

I realize Wisconsin is the "cheese state"...but shouldn't the "Cheeseheads" moniker be changed to the "Meatheads"?

any thoughts on this?

Good point. I think we should all wear white smocks with yellow aprons and rubber boots, preferably with blood on them. Nobody would screw with us.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
LATEST PACKER ATTIRE

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey digsthepack, im from Sheboygan. Its nice to see some old Sheboyganites on here. I don't like the meathead idea.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen cheeseheads at the Olymipics in Japan! It has become a symbol. You cannot oppose it now. It goes with any outfit. They are worn at every away game and opponents cannot be offended by it. They can only ridicule it.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers really weren't named after meat packing workers. In 1919 during a chance meeting between Earl "Curly' Lambeau a former football star at Green Bay East High (He spent one year at Notre Dame under the great ND football coach, Knute Rockne) and George Calhoun, Sports Editor of The Green Bay Press-Gazette at a local Saloon. "Curly" told George how much he missed playing football. George Calhoun suggested He and Curly form a town football team. An Ad was placed in Press-Gazette asking local football players to come to the P.G. office the following week to form a team. It was done, Curly was selected captain of the team and Goerge Calhoun business manager. How ever the new town team needed money and place to play games and practice. Curly went to his employer at the Acme Packing Company and asked the Company boss to sponsor this new team. His boss agreed and gave "Curly" money ($500) to buy the Football equipment and gave permission to use the field behind the plant for the team to practice and play games on. With one stipulation the Packing company 's name must be on the jersey. "Acme Packers" was printed on the Green Bay Town Football team blue-Gold jerseys. Acme Packing Company folded before the Packers first season ended. However, a second comapny picked up sponsorship of the Packers in 1920. The Packers played a independent schedule in its first two year made of town teams in Wi. and upper Michigan. Green Bay packers trounced most of it's opposition by big margins. Around 1920 The American Professional Association was being formed (now call NFL) in Canton Ohio. In 1921 "Curly' decided the Green Bay Packers should apply for a Franchise. Curly's boss at Indian Packing Company agreed to pay $250 franchise fee. The Green Bay Packers (Indian Packing Company) were granted a franchise in the NFL. In 1922 Curly and George decided a more stable financial base was needed and a better organization was needed to insure success in the NFL. So a Green Ba y lawyer drew up the incorporation papers of the(Non profit) Green Bay Profession al Football Corporation (now Green Bay Packers, Inc.) The Incorporation papers were filed with the State of Wi. to fund this new Corporation 1500 shares of Corporation stock were offered at $5.00 per share. These shares would not increase in value and would not give any dividends to the Packer shareholder. Thus the Packers have never had a rich owner and still operated(since 1922) as a non profit Public Coporation. And can never be moved from Green Bay, unless the Team would go into Bankrupcy and then be taken over by NFL. I guess, I got carried away by the unique Green Bay Story, how this the smallest city in major league sports has a franchise in the number one league in professional sports in USA and why Packer franchise should be called the Packers not meatheads or cheeseheads. As Paul Harvey says: "Now you know, the rest of the Story."

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow I knew having PWT around here would come in handy someday :p thanks PWT that was great. And the Paul Harvey closing was perfect!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One added point. Should the Corporation ever discontinue any left over proceeds are to be donated to the the VFW(Veterans of Foriegn Wars).

Being a Vet I like that clause even though the Packers will remain and thrive under the new revenue sharing CBA. Only due to its relationship with its fans is a small local market team able to compete in revenue(Far ahead of each of the New York teams).

No one can ever question motivations of the organization.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Brat Hat with Sauerkraut as hair! Not bad. Maybe the Brat Hat is insulated and large enough to Pack an extra 6er in it. Could work! :lol:

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
P@ck66 said:
any thoughts on this?

remember All in the Family?

nobody wants to be associated with this guy.

You can catch that show on TV Land. Who can forget?
I prefer to be a cheesehead myself.

PackerCoz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
arrowgargantuan said:
P@ck66 said:
any thoughts on this?

remember All in the Family?

nobody wants to be associated with this guy.

You can catch that show on TV Land. Who can forget?
I prefer to be a cheesehead myself.
I agree PC... I would rather be called a "cheesehead" than to be called "*****" (Vi-queen fan)...

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerCoz said:
I make a motion to name PWT our "Packer Forum Historian". Anybody else want to second the motion? Ryan, whatcha think? Just an idea... That post PWT just made was tremendous... :agree:

I can make him a special "rank", like my "Site Admin" - "PackerForum.com Historian" :)

Members online

Latest posts