1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

CHEESEY returns from Fan Fest

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by cheesey, Mar 13, 2006.

1. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    It was an EXCITING 3 days! Friday night i got the "wildcard" autograph of LeRoy Butler. I also got Bob Harlan to autograph the photo of him and I together, so that was cool! I had John Jones (who takes over for Harlan when he retires) to sign my mini helmet. I also got Bob Sanders to sign the Fan Fest program. I then got to do "play by play" of the Packer overtime victory over the Vikings (when Freeman caught the ball off his back) which was put on a DVD. It was really neat to watch when i got home! And even better, it was FREE! The 3 "wildcard" autos friday night were Butler, Antonio Freeman, and Coach McCarthy.
    Saturday i got the "wildcard" auto of Gilbert Brown. I had him sign the pic i took of him at last year's Fan Fest. Through the day i got Brady Poppinga on one of his rookie football cards. He wasn't going to sign it with a Sharpie marker, as he told me it bubbled up when he tried signing someone else's card. I told him the trick was to run your thumb over the card a few times, and that removes some of the gloss, and it will work fine. (I had already done it) so he signed it and he said "You were RIGHT! It works!" So i got to teach a Packer something! LOL! I had Don Majkowski sign a photo i took of him back in 1990. He looked at it and said "Man! THATS old!" I got my pic with him, i just hope it turns out. I had one of the fest workers take it for me. I also got Larry McCarren, Kevin Barry, and Will Whittaker's auto's.

Sunday did NOT start out good for me...........i was taking a shower at the motel, and while washing my hair i turned around to get the soap off my long hair, and because i had my eyes closed so i wouldn't get soap in them, i ended up taking a nasty fall. I have bilateral Meniere's disease, and was NOT thinking when i closed my eyes and turned. I had NO balance. I hurt my right knee, my right hand and elbow. It may be broke. But i knew if i went to the hospital, i would miss Fan Fest sunday, so i just toughed it out. I didn't get any wildcard autos sunday (when of course it was the BEST ones, Starr, Hornung and Max McGee.) So i just got in line for the only other autograph sunday, which was Aaron Rodgers. He had a long line at 10am already, and he wasn't signing till 12:30pm to 2pm. So i pulled up a chair at 10am, and sat there till i got his sig at 1:40pm. There were a few hundred people behind me........i don't know if they got his sig or not.
    On the way out, i said hi to Jerry Kramer and shook his hand. It was alot of fun!

2. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    sounds like you had a good time :)

3. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheesey,
    I'm happy for you! Sounds like you had a great time!

Sorry about your fall, I wish we had some players that are as tough as you.

It had to be worth it to suck it up just to shake Jerry Kramers hand.

Get well young man!

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks Yooper!
    My wife was NOT too happy to hear about my fall. She worries about me all the time. Now.......shaking Kramer's hand was NOT such a smart idea on my part..........he's got a STRONG grip, and my hand (which was already hurt) did NOT appreciate the extra abuse! (But it STILL was worth it!!!LOLOL!!!) :lol:

5. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey.....sometimes you gotta play hurt! Way to suck it up! Hope you're feeling better.

6. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How are you doing now Cheesy? Glad you had a great time at FAn fest. what hotel did you stay at?

7. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well do you fell right telling us all the fun you had ??????

Well dont even care I will tell everyone around !!!! Good for you !!!! greta luck about Leroy´s wild card.... as for your wife worrying about your fall hey you are and old timer he has to worry about that !!!!

Great to hear that some packer backers are having a good time !!!

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I feel FINE telling you about the fun!!! :wink:
    I know there are lots here that wished they could have been there, and i wish you all could have been! It would have been a GREAT party with all the Packerforum people there!

Here's a pic of me getting the gatorade bath at Fan Fest!!!

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Was that your only bath of the week? LOLOL!

gotcha

10. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    HOw funny is that? LOL....Glad you were there representing all of us here Cheesy!!!!

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Didn't you READ my FIRST post??? I fell in the SHOWER!!! (So it was my SECOND bath!)LOLOL!!! :lol:

I wish you could have been there Heather! You, and i bet ALL the people on here would have enjoyed it!

12. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey cheesey did you wash the back of you ears buddy???

have a good evenig my friend !!!!

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Nope Chamuko.........no NEED to.......i have been "wet behind my ears" all my life!!! :lol:

14. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    je,je,je. good one though good one!!!!!!

15. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you!!! (I have a line for just about every occasion!!!) :lol:

16. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hey cheeseman - so glad you had LOTS of fun & awesome on getting butler's autograph!! no more showers for YOU!!!!! :wink: :lol:

17. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hey cheesy i saw you there in the gilbert line and the aaron line and maybe saw your wife in the gado line

18. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Cheesey...

YOu got any naked pictures of you falling out of the bathtub all soapy and stuff...???

Wanna buy some???...LOLOLOLOL...!!!

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Hey Gopack! Why didn't you come up and say HI!!! I would have liked to meet you and your Dad! (My wife wasn't there........i wonder who that was that you saw?.........i know i wasn't making out with anyone!!!LOLOLOL!!! :lol: )

Now......P@ck66........I do NOT have any naked pictures of me falling out of the tub!!! Oh.......wait.............It seems i DO have a few........that "housekeeping" girl was SO helpful..........LOLOL!!! :lol:

20. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    oh i saw u talking with some lady. she had a wheely cart and brown hair

21. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yup Gopack......i know who you mean.......that was in Gilbert's line. That lady was there with her boyfriend/husband.....not sure which. I just talk to people who are in the lines.......makes the time go LOTS faster!

Hey P@ck66!!! You EDITED your post!!! :wink: :lol:

22. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Posted for Cheesey

23. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    LOL I love you shaking hands with Don Majkowski wearing a BF uniform. That's good stuff right there.

24. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yup Ryan!!!
    I wish i had SOUND with that picture!!! Majkowski was actually saying to me "Man! I can't BELIEVE i'm actually shaking hands with the one, the ONLY, CHEESEY!!!" (He said he was NEVER gonna wash that hand again!) I told him........"Thats ok, i NEVER wash MY hands!!!" LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

25. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    nice pictures cheesey!