1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

cheesey-poo

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by all about da packers, Apr 22, 2008.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Packerforum name: Cheesey
    Real name (first only):Alan
    Age (optional):50
    Current City:Grafton
    Hometown:Milwaukee

1) How did you choose your screen name?
    Well....I was kind of trying to think of what kind of name really fit who I am....and i think with my jokes, "Cheesey" fit just right. But I didn't want the "normal" spelling (cheesy), I wanted something different. Plus with being a Packer Fan, the Cheesehead-Cheesey seemed even more fitting.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
    Heck.....I NEVER grew up! But I have got alot older! But I was born and raised on the south side of Milwaukee. I had a brother 7 years older then me, and a sister 2 years older then me. I couldn't have asked for a more loving set of parents. They taught me how to love, and how to respect. I was given love AND discipline. (I deserved alot more spankings then I got though!) My brother died in 1994, and both my parents have also passed away.
    I met "Mrs. Cheesey" in 1977, and we married in 1981. She has put up with me for ALL those years!!! (Can you believe that???) Lauriejean is a wonderful wife, and hard worker. Without her I would be Grafton's first "street person!"

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?
    No.....I was pretty much of a "nerd". I now wish I would have tried out for the football team. The coach was always after me to try out.

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?
    Every summer my parents would rent a cabin on a lake in northern Wisconsin for one or two weeks, depending on what they could afford at the time. We would fish every day, and it was just the most wonderful time.

5) What was your first job?
    I was a dishwasher at "The Village Inn".....$1.45 an hour! I stayed there a month, then got an offer at Mr. Steak, which was right across the street from the other place, for $1.60 an hour! So I JUMPED at the big pay raise! I ended up staying there a few years, and learned alot of how to cook while I was there.

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?
    My brother and Dad watched the games, but were not huge fans. I remember watching the Packer games in the livingroom with them, but not really understanding what was going on. Then one day it all suddenly made sense, and I became a huge fan! It was 1965, and I asked my Dad to get me some scrapbooks. I made complete scrapbooks from the 1966 and 1967 seasons. Both Super Bowl years! And believe it or not, I still have them! I have been a Packer fan ever since!

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?
    Oh man......there are SO many. My first would be the very first Packer game I ever saw live, which was 1970 at Milwaukee County Stadium with my Dad. It was preseason, against the Bears, and ended in a 6-6 tie.
    Current would probably be the last game I saw live, at Lambeau. The Seattle "snow bowl" playoff game. I didn't know at the time it would be Brett Favre's last win.

8 ) How did you find the Packerforum and what keeps you active on the site?
    Heather and Packinsteel told me about this site (Thanks guys!!!) Hopefully you won't kick them off now!
    What keeps me active? Well.....I love the interaction with so many GREAT people. I try to bring a smile to at least one person's face every day, with my goofy comments.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?
    I follow the Milwaukee Brewers, and the Bucks a little.

10) When you’re not on Packerforum what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
    With my health problems, I have to take every day as it comes. I never know how I'm gonna feel on any given day. Or even hour to hour some times. My wife works, so I try to keep up with the house work. I cook and clean. So I'm kind of a "house husband." I'm also the baby sitter for our Chihuahua, Seth.

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?
    Thats an easy one for me. I even wrote this idea to Bob Harlan, and he wrote me back.
    I would LOVE to spend one game day with the team. I would love to be able to put on the full Packer uniform, and spend the game on the sidelines/bench. Just to kind of feel like I was really a part of the team for a day. Even though I wouldn't get to play, just to be part of that feeling for a day would be so wonderful.

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?
    I never got to see Lambeau Field until I was about 20 years old. Since then, I try to get up there at least once to watch practice every year. My first regular season game was the Monday night one a few years ago when we got whomped by the Titans. Since then, I have seen regular season wins against the Seahawks and the 52-3 blowout of the Saints, and the last playoff win.

13) What is your worst fear?
    Bees and wasps. I don't know why, but I'm TERRIFIED of them. I have stood up to a black bear while bow hunting, but put a bee or wasp in my car, and I'll drive off a cliff trying to get away from it. I know it doesn't make sense, and I wish I could get over it. I feel so foolish, but can't stop it.
    I don't fear death, because of my beliefs. (I just hope there arn't any bees or wasps in Heaven!!!)

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
    I collect sports cards. Mostly football cards, and some baseball and basketball cards. I have also started painting little "McFarlane" figures (they are little 3 inch high figures) of football players. They are usually $6 each, and they only make them of "star" players. Like for the Packers they have made Favre ones. So when I saw they were on sale for 59 cents each, I bought up a few of them and have customized them into Packer players. So far I have made ones of Favre and Rodgers (from Chad Pennington) Driver and Jennings (from Jerry Rice) James Jones (from Tony Gonzalez) Ruvell Martin (Jeremy Shockey) Ryan Grant (Rickey Williams) Brandon Jackson (Marshall Faulk) Korey Hall (Mike Alstodt) And Nick Barnett (Ray Lewis). They are fun to do, and have turned out looking pretty neat. I know......I need to get a life.

15) What’s your favorite food?
    That would be prime rib, tenderloin, and lobster! None of which I get very often!

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.
    I have been in I believe 23 or 24 states. Wisconsin is still my favorite.
    Los Angeles was cool.....I was in an earthquake there in 1986......but I wouldn't want to live there. Pennsylvania was beautiful......the mountains and all. I liked Florida too. I was there in January one year for a couple weeks, and it was so different then Wisconsin. But hot all the time? Not for me. (Bees and wasps YEAR ROUND!!!!)

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
    I would love to go on a deer hunt with a professional guide. Maybe in Canada or Texas. I have taken quite a few deer in my life, but never a "monster" buck. That would be neat, but will never happen.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
    I like it here......but I'd like to own my own house, out in a more rural area, with LOTS of wooded land. Another wish that unfortunatly won't ever happen. But it's fun to dream!

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason.
    TOUGH list to make!
    Ray Nitschke makes my list. He was always my favorite Packer. A killer on the field, and a wonderful person off the field. I got to sit and talk with him, and he made me feel like I was the only person in the room. I wish he was still with us.
    Bart Starr. Another class act, who I got to work for at the Lombardi golf tourny in the 1980's.
    Of course Brett Favre. He brought back PRIDE to being a Packer fan! I only got to meet him once, and it was his first year here, before he became a big star. But he was so much like "one of the guys". He was always like a kid on the field, FUN to watch. To me, the opposite of Dan Marino, who NEVER looked like he was having fun.
    John Jefferson. He wasn't here long, but that man was TOUGH! And with him and Lofton, it was fun to watch! There was just something about him I really liked.
    Donald Driver. Another hard working man, who loves the game and APPRECIATES the fans!
    The list could go on and on for me!

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite Packerforum memories?
    "The many faces of Cheesey" thread has made me laugh more then anything on here! The talent it takes to photoshop and make it look so good is incredible! Pack93z and Ironman had some DOOZIES on there!

21) Anything else you’d like to say?
    I would like to thank Ryan for making this site for us to use! I don't know if you realize how much this place means to me Ryan! I really feel like "family" here, and when I can't get here, I always wonder what I'm missing! THANK YOU Ryan!
    And thank you to the Mods here, for allowing us a little rope, yet knowing WHEN to shut things down.

22) Who do you nominate to be the next PF Interview

Montana Bob.

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Another great interview.

I had to LOL at your 'I was pretty much a "nerd"' comment, after seeing the Many Faces of Cheesey thread, an image of you as the classic nerd popped right into my head.

Also, I'm guessing you stopped making scrapbooks... anyone else notice the connection between lack of scrapbooks and lack of Lombardi trophies? (96 season not counting...)

3. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    great stuff Alan! you seem like a really genuine dude.

ahh..a bandwagon fan eh?

lol. sorry, i had to.

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOL! Yeah......i was a "nerd", black horn rim glasses and pocket protector!

And Arrow.......yup, and real "bandwagon jumper!" :lol: It was funny how i became a Packer fan, started my scrapbooks, and then they won both Super Bowls. (Maybe i should start a scrapbook this season!)

5. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the nomination Cheesey. I just PM'd it to aadp..all one sentence of it.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    (Must be a run on sentence!) :wink:
    Hey Bob.....your life has to be WAY more interesting then that! :D

7. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What did Bob Harlan write you back?

8. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Good read, most I had heard already but still enjoyable.

I went to northern Sackatchewan, near Loon Lake in 2002, some of the best hunting I have ever experienced hands down. In the dark of the morning they would drive you out to your stand, generally a couple miles from the next nearest stand and you would hunt for the day. Absolutely beautiful.

On the third morning out, I heard some brush crackling behind my stand, to dark to see what was going on. Then I heard more and more from different directions, as dawn broke, I started to see what was all around me, glipses of wolves is all that I could see, once in a while I would catch a good view of one. Needless to say, I didn't venture very far from the stand that day. ;)

I seen 26 bucks, 8 pts or better, I shot a 10 with a 22 inside spread the the evening of the last day of the hunt. I made the mistake of taking my .243 with, hit it in the front shoulder at about 135 yds and we had to track it for some time. We had to break camp and start heading back to Wisconsin, they found the buck half eaten the next afternoon and I told them to go ahead and keep the horns at the camp.. which they did. So my name is on a plaque in Northern Sackatchewan. :D

The guides, a couple of Indian fellows, send a couple of sticks of elk, whitetail and moose sausage-like meats in a care package. Which was very kind, for the couple of grand we dropped hunting.

I recommend it very highly for the experience, Alberta would be another fine location.

9. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheesey, post some pics of those customized McFarlanes... I collect those as well, they are cool and I'd love to see those packer customs!

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    He sent me a hand written letter thanking me and saying he would pass the idea on to their promotions department.
    I told him i would volunteer to be the first one to do it! :wink: :D

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Man....i would have asked them to send the antlers! At least you could have that mounted as a permanent home memory of the hunt!
    Who knows........maybe i'll win the lottery someday and get to go!

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    They are just the little 3 inch guys, and i don't have the decals and stuff, it's all hand painted. (The Packer "G" on the helmet is the hardest part of all!) I have whats called "Familial tremors", so it's a REAL test to try to do such detailed stuff. When my wife hears me go "DAMN!" she knows i got the shakes at the wrong time and screwed up one of my players. But it's just paint, and i go back and repaint the mess up.
    But i will try to take some photos of them.
    My wife picked me up a wooden display thingy from the second hand store yesterday so i have something to put them on.

13. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Yeah, I catch grief for that all the time.. but I have never been much for stuffing and hanging anything on the wall anyways.. for me it is more about the hunt or fish than the trophy anyway.. I don't have a single fish or animal hanging on the wall.. I have pictures of them and things to that nature.. kind of different that way I guess.. there are a couple of the racks at the hunting shack on a plaque.. does that count. :p

14. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool, I'd like to see them regardless :)

15. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I have one buck on the wall.......and it was my wife that wanted me to have it mounted! And she doesn't like hunting! I had it done by a taxidermist in Saukville, and i'll tell you, he is the best in the state! He even redid the world record whitetail mount. If you saw this deer, it looks just as it did when i saw it in the woods. It's not a big rack, but busted tines from fighting. He was a cocky buck for sure! And i saw one of the other bucks on the property as i was driving in opening morning, and it had only ONE antler........the other one was busted off at the skull!

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'll try taking some pix of them this week. But i have an old fashioned camera, so i have to have the film developed, so it might be awhile before i get them on here. But i WILL do it!

17. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I saw this buck on your wall. My only suggestion next time is to mount the head end next time!

18. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good stuff Cheesey.

Shhh - let's not tell ARod that he began as Chad Pennington....

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I never thought of that Trippster!
    But now everytime i look at it, it makes me think of you!!!(j/k) :lol:

20. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    :lol: I won't tell........he looks GOOD now that i painted him the RIGHT colors!!! :D

21. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    You the man cheesey. You stole my nomination for the next person. Great choice.

22. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    :D Bob just seems to have had such an interesting life.......I want to know more about him.
    I really had quite a few I want to know about.........but i had to pick only one. Bob just seems to hide on the edges, and i want to know MORE! :D

23. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheesey - Great read!

I have 2 Favre McFarlanes, the full-size ones, up in my cube and people keep asking me when I'm going to take them down.

I'd love to see the ones you painted.

As for scrapbooks, let me know what you need. We NEED to get you to start making scrapbooks again. ;)

24. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    :lol: Yeah....it worked in 66-67!!!
    I have i believe 3- 6inch Favre's, the Ray Nitschke, and 2 of the 12 inch Favres. Oh.....and Ahman Green 6 inch.
    I will take some pix of my "guys". I'm working on a AJ Hawk now, out of a Ray Lewis.

25. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    holy crap...destroy that figurine before he's great with the media and bad at everything else! pronto!!