Check out what Favre's Pilot had to say about his retirement

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW. Those sounded like some pretty wild parties on those private flights.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know what your trying to get at.

but.

Brett sat on the stage and said Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy had no hand in making him retire.

let it go. just take two steps back and let it go.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Check out what Favre's Pilot had to say about his retire

Uh....really......what more could the Packer organization do? What they did up to this point was build a team that was one play away from the Super Bowl.
Speculation on the part of a guy that flies a plane is just that, a guy's speculation.
I think it all came down to Favre not having anything left to give. And he of all people knows what it takes to make it to and win a SB. I think he gave it his all last year, and knew he didn't have it in him to do that again.
Isn't that what the man himself said?
I'll trust his word over a fly boy's speculation.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, I think Brett looked at next season and thought he had more to lose than to gain by coming back one more year. It's still too early in the free agent signing to say that the Packer wouldn't have done enough to make the team better. The one thing that we know about Ted is he isn't going to over spend for anyone, and that includes his own players. What GB has is an outstanding young coach who has surrounded himself with other very good coaches. I don't know if the Packers record will be as good this year, but I expect the team to be better. Can Aaron Rogers be Brett Favre? No he cannot, but he can be an outstanding QB. I'd bet a lot of money that if San Francisco could rewind the clock and go back and take Rogers #1, they would do that.

I envy this pilot. What an honor it must have been to fly Brett all over the place.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
“He's not that super warm, fuzzy guy like everybody may think he is,” Baum said. “Most of the time he wants to be left alone because people are always, always crowding him.

And the number one reason anyone wanting to be a celebrity is whacked. That would drive me nuts.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Uh....really......what more could the Packer organization do? What they did up to this point was build a team that was one play away from the Super Bowl.
Speculation on the part of a guy that flies a plane is just that, a guy's speculation.
I think it all came down to Favre not having anything left to give. And he of all people knows what it takes to make it to and win a SB. I think he gave it his all last year, and knew he didn't have it in him to do that again.

The thing is, there are probably dozens of people who can speculate about Favre who see him all the time. How about his tailor? How about the hotel manager who sees him whenever he's in Green Bay? How about the waiter/waitress at his favorite diner? Let's interview them all. I bet each one of them will say something entirely different.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

cheesey said:

The thing is, there are probably dozens of people who can speculate about Favre who see him all the time. How about his tailor? How about the hotel manager who sees him whenever he's in Green Bay? How about the waiter/waitress at his favorite diner? Let's interview them all. I bet each one of them will say something entirely different.

Favre has a tailor???? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Tailor: Mr. Favre. would you like a french cuffs or straight?
Favre: On what, my T-shirt? I just want a grey one. What is it that you do anyway? is a tailor like a bailor? like on a farm? And why do they call you Mr. Sing Sing? shoot, longs sleeves would get caught on my tractor....

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know a guy who knew a guy who dated a girl who's uncle's cousin drove behind Brett once in the 90's. He said Brett retired because Philtration was banned!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Favre has a tailor???? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Tailor: Mr. Favre. would you like a french cuffs or straight?
Favre: On what, my T-shirt? I just want a grey one. What is it that you do anyway? is a tailor like a bailor? like on a farm? And why do they call you Mr. Sing Sing? shoot, longs sleeves would get caught on my tractor....

Ain't that the truth.. I bet Brett's words wouldn't be far from those either.. although I think a hunting comments might make it in there as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts