Chat about the Viking-Bear game?

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Bears V Vikings

Ummmm... Did anyone see it being 16-0 bears at halftime?

Go Bears Go!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think Minny noticed its Dec and cold, better hand it off to AP if they want to win

LOL

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Well, that was weird rooting for the Bears. I can't remember the last time that happened. Anyway, they did good I'd say.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I think the purple team is in a bad way right now. They better get their s*** together, and soon, or they aren't going to be playing all that much football in January.

I think any of the other 5 teams in the NFC Playoffs are capable of beating them right now. Not saying they will, but I feel like Minnesota's fallen back to the pack lately. No pun intended.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
The best part of this game, was that if you watch the highlights, Cutler threw into 3 man coverage like 4 times on their big plays. That guy shoulda been picked off way more than he was. I'm not worried about Jay Cutler at all in the coming seasons.

White92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Soldiers Field

I was in attendance last night thanks to my die hard Bear fan father-in-law. Very entertaining game and I'm glad the Bears won since they made me stay for the whole thing.

I really don't know how the Bears win on either side of the ball with those schemes. Make no mistake, they are a bad team. Almost every play, Favre had the slot reciever with soft coverage 8-10 yards off the line. No surprise the Queens were burning them often with the underneath routes. Bears DBs never get a jam even when playing press coverage.

The Bear offense is nearly as abysmal. The Queens were able to crowd the box vs. a usual 2 tight end set. The Queens could get decent pressure rushing 4, leaving 7 guys to cover only 3 or 4 recievers.

The Bears do have a bright spot which is a bit troubling for Packer fans..The young left tackle Williams largely shut down Allen. Allen continually tried to bull rush the kid and was stoned.

By the way, the weather wasn't really that bad. I'm guessing it was upper teens, but the wind wasn't much of a factor at least in the passing game. Great to see the Queenies go down.

My guess is that Lovie Smith saved his job for another year with last nights win. Bears should finish 7-9 with Detroit next week..now if they lose...?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Went back to 95 to see if any teams that went 2-3 on this stretch made the SB

Colts in 06 went 2-3 for games 11-15 ( not using last game of year) and made SB...Lost all 3 games to division opponents and two of them went went 8-8

Carolina in 03 went 2-3..Lost to 2 teams that made the playoffs

Denver in 97 went 2-3..But lost to teams that made the playoffs

09 Vikings....went 2-3, lost one game out of those to a playoff team

** edit**

Arizona last year

1-4

3 out of the 4 they lost to made the playoffs...The other one was 11-5 and missed them

Members online

Latest posts