Charlie Weiss HC or OC

gute

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charlie may be lookin for a job after losing to Uconn. How about Charlie in Green Bay? I would think he would be a great OC. Make Capers the HC.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watch almost every ND game, and let me tell you something. Charlie Weiss is a much more incompetent version of Mike McCarthy.

The teams are actually very alike. Great QB, great Wrs, BAD OL. Stupid penalties, some breakdowns, lack of focus and motivation...

The D started this year trying to be agressive. But then they realized they don't cover very well, and don't tackle well. Then they went into a more passive stance. Which works, except when the game is on the line.

So, Charlie Weiss is no HC.

He was a very good OC in New England, but then again he had Tom Brady, and Bill Belichik. I tend to look into recent NE's Coordinators with a grain of salt. None of them so far could become even a decent HC, and working will Bellichick all you have to do is draw plays, really, because he'll take care of the rest.

But my opinion on Weiss may be a little compromised right now...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I think this is a case of a big name being available (well, he will be) and someone saying the Packers should take him mostly because he's a big name.

I call it Larry Johnson Syndrome.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Is that a joke. LOL. Weiss is incompetent at HC plain and simple. I'll take MM and his flaws anyday over weiss.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charlie is done at Notre Dame. I wouldn't take him at Green Bay though. I also don't want Dom Capers as the head coach but I'll tell who I would take, John Gruden. He's the kind of tough minded coach that I think you need to win, if you provide him with enough talent.

Cheesecake

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charlie is done at Notre Dame. I wouldn't take him at Green Bay though. I also don't want Dom Capers as the head coach but I'll tell who I would take, John Gruden. He's the kind of tough minded coach that I think you need to win, if you provide him with enough talent.

Gruden would be great. Bring back that tough nosed football. We want Chucky.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charlie is a great dark room guy but not a good HC or OC. I dont know where he will end up going but my feeling is that there wont be a lot of teams lining up to sign him up for coaching positions.

Cheesecake

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charlie is a great dark room guy but not a good HC or OC. I dont know where he will end up going but my feeling is that there wont be a lot of teams lining up to sign him up for coaching positions.

I really agree. I think he is really a good kind genuine person. Just not a HC type. Sadly, to win games you gotta be kind of a *****. Charlie is not a *****. Peace

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all honestly how can you have the top recruiting class every single year and not have the results is what it all comes down to.

Hendogg33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always thought Gruden did a good job. I have never thought Charlie Weiss to be a very good HC and don't know if I want him as OC. it all depends on the chemistry he would have with whoever is the HC next year. (I am just guessing but i bet TT stays with McCarthy if we grab a wild card spot, much to my chagrin)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think they should have ever got rid of Willingham.
Willingham began awesomely, but it was just downhill from there. Plus, he couldn't win the big games.

I really don't like that gimmick offense of Urban Meyer, but it's undeniable that the guy's a monster.

And c'mon, he already won too much at Florida, plus Tebow is going pro, and, no offense, but it's Florida, and it's Notre Dame... Who wouldn't want to coach in South Bend?

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weiss is actually a genius for landing a job (and keeping it for as long as he has) in which he has little qualifications for. He's a candy ***, he's grossly overweight (the man can barely walk upright) and he looks like Rodney Dangerfield.

Weiss is an example of the American Dream. If that dude can pull it off, that should give us all hope. :)

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Willingham began awesomely, but it was just downhill from there. Plus, he couldn't win the big games.

I really don't like that gimmick offense of Urban Meyer, but it's undeniable that the guy's a monster.

And c'mon, he already won too much at Florida, plus Tebow is going pro, and, no offense, but it's Florida, and it's Notre Dame... Who wouldn't want to coach in Soth Bend?
At this point, I think Florida is a much more desirable job than Notre Dame. For young players, the stigma of Notre Dame being a storied program has worn off due to years of being crappy. Meanwhile, Florida wins every year. Plus it's hot there. It's just so much easier to get players to come to the Gators than it would be to get them to go to South Bend, I would assume.

Plus, why leave when you are literally a God in the place you're currently at? God doesn't leave heaven, know why? People worship him there. Lol.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point, I think Florida is a much more desirable job than Notre Dame. For young players, the stigma of Notre Dame being a storied program has worn off due to years of being crappy. Meanwhile, Florida wins every year. Plus it's hot there. It's just so much easier to get players to come to the Gators than it would be to get them to go to South Bend, I would assume.

Plus, why leave when you are literally a God in the place you're currently at? God doesn't leave heaven, know why? People worship him there. Lol.
Lol. But Coaches tend to look for more challenges. I mean, it's one thing to be a god in Florida, but it's another thing to be the savior that brought back to elite status one of the (the most) historied and popular programs in the nation.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And c'mon, he already won too much at Florida, plus Tebow is going pro, and, no offense, but it's Florida, and it's Notre Dame... Who wouldn't want to coach in South Bend?
Weis' biggest game was a defeat at the hands of the USC trojans. They didn't improve by firing Willingham.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weis' biggest game was a defeat at the hands of the USC trojans. They didn't improve by firing Willingham.
Ok, but just because Weiss was a failure, doesn't mean Willinham was a sucess. I though then, and I still think now that he should've been fired. He didn't do exactly an "all-american" job at Washington, did him? Well, nothing personal against the guy, just think he wasn't working.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can keep both Weis and Willingham. If you want a Notre Dame connection for your head coach of the Packers next year, then Mark Murphy and Ted Thompson should load a wheelbarrow full of cash and truck it down to Madison and dump it in Barry Alvarez' lap. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

OP
OP
G

gute

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol. Remind not to bring Weis up again. Okay, so it's a no on Weis. Gruden would be great, but I think he signed an extension on the TV analyst job. How about Mark Mangino? Kidding. I think it's a moot point anyways - MM will be here next season and with the way things are lookin this is a playoff team that could make a run. The running game is better, the OL is playing better, Rodgers is getting rid of the ball faster, the D is playing the 3-4 better so now GB needs to score more TDs in the red zone and finish teams off before the end of the 4th quarter. Growing pains I guess.

Members online

Latest posts