Charlie Rodgers ) Cut (

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Detroit Lions 2nd overall pick from the 2003 is a FA now.

I'm not thoroughly educated on the guy yet. Is he worth a looksie?

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO!

I'll save you the trouble by presenting the arguments.

1. Too Expensive.
2. Not a "premiere talent"
3. Is a "premiere talent" but is too expensive...
4. Has no heart. Like Todd "Pinkstones"...
5. He's a "cancer" in the locker room.
6. He's the same as Gardner, Boreigter, and Ferguson, so why should TT sign him?
7. TT doesn't want or need him, he is done with FA signings and is very happy where he is. There's nobody out there that TT can sign since he already signed the best available options possible in Gardner and Boreigter, so there's no need to look any further.

..and as another poster here so eloquently already stated..
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:27 am Post subject: Teddy says he's not done...oh no, he's not done..

Teddy says he's not done yet...click here for more. CLICK IT! http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=413356

“We’re working every day to get better. Things change. All of a sudden a player becomes available, a trade happens during the draft. There’s some time left. We’re not set in stone.â€

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this a bait thread Zero, or are you serious?

Did you already have your mind made up about him..or do you really not know enough about him?

Or maybe it's a joke? :wink:

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
Is this a bait thread Zero, or are you serious?

Did you already have your mind made up about him..or do you really not know enough about him?

Or maybe it's a joke? :wink:

Not everything is a bait thread. Although I can see why you come here now and its obvious what you are looking for.

I don't have my mind made up on him. Personally, for vet min I think he could be worth a looksie, but I'm not overally educated on the guy. I know he's been injured twice and suspended once in just a short career. With that said I think maybe he's not worth it. I was curious if others knew more about him that could sway an opinion.

Perhaps the injuries and suspension are cause for even a vet min to be too expensive.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think everything is a bait thread, and that is not why I come here?

So wrong on both accounts.

It just seemed odd to me that you were asking for opinions and then saying he was too expensive and should get the vet's minimum. Odd.

Seems like you had your mind made up.

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just not seeing it with this guy. The Packers can't be fooled by his high draft status, rather evaluate him on his merits. He has no more upside than Cory Rodgers right now, who likely won't survive the final cuts.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew he was a high draft pick, but not much else about him. I don't know......i would say it wouldn't hurt to look at him. But i would want them to be VERY careful before signing him.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Yeah. With what Allhole stated I think its best to not even spend the time to look at him. Those injuries an suspension, yukiz. Not 'Packer People'

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8. "Not Packer people" (my personal favorite)

I guess there's not a WR to be found in the whole NFL that is good enough to play on the Packers.

Too bad, i guess...a damn, cryin' shame.

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, if they're talented, you take a chance. Rogers has proven two things to me in the MFL so far:
1) He's not talented enough to be an "impact" reciever.
2) He's not tough enough to withstand the grind of the NFL as opposed to college.

Simply put, he's another Robert Ferguson. We already have a guy like that.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
recte44 said:
Hey, if they're talented, you take a chance. Rogers has proven two things to me in the MFL so far:
1) He's not talented enough to be an "impact" reciever.
2) He's not tough enough to withstand the grind of the NFL as opposed to college.

Simply put, he's another Robert Ferguson. We already have a guy like that.

Very well said.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, but will we be looking to replace a guy like that Ferguson--or just leave him on the team?

Isn't that the question that should be asked?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can only replace them if you can find someone better then what you already have. Maybe if that person is available, they will do so.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I've seen, he has become just another below-average receiver. Two broken collarbones in a row can do that to a player. His career trajectory is going down, and fast. So I don't think he's worth a look at this point.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
You can only replace them if you can find someone better then what you already have. Maybe if that person is available, they will do so.

That player IS available. Rodgers or Pinkston is an upgradeover Fergy. There may be more after today.

Reaction score
pyle, TT rated Ferggy as the best blocking WR on this team. IMO that is reason enough to have him in on 3 WR sets that end up being run plays.

Who was rated #2? Oddly enough Rod Gardner. :-?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
pyle, TT rated Ferggy as the best blocking WR on this team.

Is this TT Ted Thompson? The same Ted Thompson who ignored the O-line? When it comes to "blocking" I think Teddy should just stay silent.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:

Is this TT Ted Thompson? The same Ted Thompson who ignored the O-line? When it comes to "blocking" I think Teddy should just stay silent.

yep, because pyle knows more, which is obvious by his coaching status on a high school football team. :roll:

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can get Rogers cheap, I think we should take a chance if his attitude is right.
We're not deep at WR at all right now.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he does have talent. That much is certain. Outside of that he doesn't have much going for him. Maybe a change is what he needs. Frankly I wouldn't pick him up but I wouldn't be upset if the Packers did.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:

yep, because pyle knows more, which is obvious by his coaching status on a high school football team. :roll:

Hmmm, sorry, are you not the one that said Colledge WAS A LOCK to start? I may not no more than TT, but obviously I know more than you. It's not based on my coaching experience but more on the fact that you have never coached.....errr.....played......err....nevermind.

I'm sure your a good coach on your NFL Head Coach game Trom.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cmon trom ... you know pyle is a football genius.... i think hes right about TT ... we should fire him so his salary doesnt effect our salary cap situation.... so with brilliant football analysis like that, who needs to stay silent???? :roll:

sorry back to the topic.... rogers hasnt done much so far and his status right now rates him evenly with fergy maybe more so with gardner even.

but he does have nice size, good speed, decent hands so if there isnt a huge run at him and we can get him at the minimum salary.... i say try him out... besides he would have a decent qb throwing to him for the first time in his nfl career.... nothing would make me happier than to rob the lions of a great player, that just hasnt proved himself on a crappy team. unless of course we robbed him from the vikings

Latest posts