Charlie Rodgers ) Cut (

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
nothing would make me happier than to rob the lions of a great player, that just hasnt proved himself on a crappy team. unless of course we robbed him from the vikings

NicNac, LOL, How are we going to ROB the Lions when they released him?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol, poor pyle. I also hope you don't teach english. and Yeah, I said\thought Colledge was a lock. I was apparently wrong. I should go find some of the things you've been wrong about and put it in my sig, but that would make me a ******** like you, and I'm better than you, in every possible way, *****.

back to topic,

I wouldn't be too happy with getting rodgers, but he is talented, but who knows if GB can get that out of him? I wouldnt like it.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Okay. Bottom line. Anyone who blatantly jumps away from a ball over the middle like Pinkston does not deserve to be on a team.

Ferguson has cost Brett some INT's but damn never so blatantly stupid as Pinkston. Ferguson has an upside that Pinkston does not. Fergie can play Special Teams, good. Pinkston can not.

Pinkston might not even be healed from his ACL yet. If so, why would the WR depleted Eagles let him go?

C'mon now. Be rational.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
lol, poor pyle. I also hope you don't teach english. and Yeah, I said\thought Colledge was a lock. I was apparently wrong. I should go find some of the things you've been wrong about and put it in my sig, but that would make me a ******** like you, and I'm better than you, in every possible way, *****.

Ohhh, the Messageboard misspelling insult - ouchhhhhh!

By the way Trom, YOU DID DO THAT WITH YOUR SIG SEVERAL TIMES! That makes you exactly what you called me except it makes you a hypocrital *******.

Another topic taken hostage by Packnic and Trom's lame name-calling.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah but i grew up. Am i doing it now? Nah, I realized how silly it was. And I could, cuz you say some stupid ****.

Ps - Charles Rodgers shouldnt get signed!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Okay. Bottom line. Anyone who blatantly jumps away from a ball over the middle like Pinkston does not deserve to be on a team.

Ferguson has cost Brett some INT's but damn never so blatantly stupid as Pinkston. Ferguson has an upside that Pinkston does not. Fergie can play Special Teams, good. Pinkston can not.

Pinkston might not even be healed from his ACL yet. If so, why would the WR depleted Eagles let him go?

C'mon now. Be rational.

Than Fergie should have been gone along time ago. He has held up plenty of times. Don't turn this into "I think Pinkston is a damn Pro Bowler" but Pinkston and Rodgers are BOTH an upgrade over Fergie.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:

By the way Trom, YOU DID DO THAT WITH YOUR SIG SEVERAL TIMES! That makes you exactly what you called me except it makes you a hypocrital *******.

with all due respect. pinkston is no where near the talent or player ferguson is. im no way a ferguson fan by any means. but im not naive to know is better. (naive is said out of opinion of what i feel is obvious, no harm intended)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:

with all due respect. pinkston is no where near the talent or player ferguson is. im no way a ferguson fan by any means. but im not naive to know is better. (naive is said out of opinion of what i feel is obvious, no harm intended)

Ferguson is to Pinkston what Rogers is to Feguson. More talent and upside but not as much production.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:

Sorry Zero, the stats say otherwise.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only way I'd give Rodgers a shot is if he got league min. Seeing him in college he was awesome and definately has tealent but hasn't got a chance yet cause he's always hurt. If he would find a way to stay healthy for a year and reach his potential it would be a steal but it's a big IF. Also he's been stuck playing with Joey Harrington.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Sorry Zero, the stats say otherwise.
That's unfortunate for you that you believe stats are the tell all. Everyone knows theres more to it than that. It's a good start for sure. I see your point. Don't get me wrong there.

But if we cut ferguson. It's going to cost us to get rid of him.
To sign someone else, its going to cost us too, obviously.

So you pay to rid yourself of a guy for a guy who is more scared over the middle, less of a talent on special teams and no where near the locker room leader that previous person is.

Doesn't make much sense to me. But hey, he had better numbers on a team with absolutely no talent at WR when TO was not there. :)

Packers had Driver every year for Fergie and a few with Walker.
Eagles had... who?

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rohgers just has to many issues i think for being a team for three years he would show more of what he is as a reciver but he gets hurt then in trouble at least ferggie shoed a little promise thisyear not what everyone would have hoped we need talent but not headcaches :D

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Land of Make Believe, in which Fred Rogers is the Offensive Coordinator? The one where he says Charles Rogers is "special to him"?

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rogers worth a look for Packers
Todd Korth
PackerReport.com Sep 2, 2006

Another team's trash could be Green Bay's treasure. Packers fans will know Sunday whether the Green Bay Packers are truly interested in wide receiver Charles Rogers, the No. 2 overall pick of the 2003 NFL Draft.

The Detroit Lions released Rogers, the No. 2 overall selection of the 2003 NFL draft today, leaving the Packers with a golden opportunity to obtain the wide receiver.
Packers general manager Ted Thompson said late this afternoon that the Packers have until 11 a.m. (CT) on Sunday to make a claim on Rogers. Thompson declined to reveal if the Packers had already made a claim, but with only four wide receivers on the Green Bay roster, it wouldn't be a surprise if the Packers try to get Rogers.

The Packers released veteran Rod Gardner and rookie Corey Rodgers today, leaving them with Donald Driver and Robert Ferguson, and two receivers that have never played a snap in the NFL. Rookie second-round pick Greg Jennings has been impressive in the preseason and Ruvell Martin, cut twice by San Diego in recent years, both have tremendous potential but no experience.

Rogers has missed 33 of 48 games with injuries. He missed two weeks of training camp this year with a knee bruise. He violated the league's substance abuse policy last season. Still, he is a risk worth taking for the green and growing Packers. He would give Brett Favre another bonafide option aside from Driver and Jennings, and a receiver with experience.

As far as Rogers attitude, the Packers' coaching staff should be able to detect rather quickly if Rogers, who received a $14.2 million signing bonus from the Lions in 2003, really wants to play football or not.

In any case, it sure seems like a no-brainer for the Packers to obtain Rogers, then see what he can do. The Packers need a potential big-time play-maker and Rogers fits the mold.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think he's worth a shot. He will cost very little and is very talented. I don't expect him to start or anything, but he's worth a waiver pickup.

mineral723

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look... I've been following the Rogers saga all through training camp and preseason.
You DO NOT want Charles Rogers.

Charles Rogers has scored 4 touchdowns in three season and had at least one failed urinalysis last year. After the suspension, he didn't want to practice at a high tempo, so even SoftMooch decided to let him sit out two games.
Then Martz comes in and Martz says he shouldn't even make the team. Marinelli agrees and finally, the guy who brought him in, MATT MILLEN, admits he made a mistake on the pick.
He is a cancer in the locker room and so is Mike Williams. Williams would've been cut if not for his more major cap implications. Those two are a serious cancer to the organization and will not be missed, even in Detroit.
I hope he turns into the player he once was, but that's a definite longshot. There are few places where Rogers and M. Williams would be successful, and Green Bay, a rebuilding organization isn't one of them.

But if you do get him, best of luck... Honestly, I would like to see him do well somewhere.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I don't really want Charlie Rogers. However, after some reading today, TT has hinted at taking a look at him multiple times. He's been a problem child and a walking injury for the Lions, but there's no questioning what this guy can do. If he is healthy, and he ends up with the right coach with the right attitude, he is pro-bowl caliber. However, I doubt we see that from him anytime soon.

Pinkston would not be an upgrade over Fergie. Rogers, however? Very possible. Unlinke Pinkston, he has more natural talent than Fergie.

mineral723

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
Personally, I don't really want Charlie Rogers. However, after some reading today, TT has hinted at taking a look at him multiple times. He's been a problem child and a walking injury for the Lions, but there's no questioning what this guy can do. If he is healthy, and he ends up with the right coach with the right attitude, he is pro-bowl caliber. However, I doubt we see that from him anytime soon.

Pinkston would not be an upgrade over Fergie. Rogers, however? Very possible. Unlinke Pinkston, he has more natural talent than Fergie.
Hey... check this out, if you think Rogers can have an impact:
you'll need realplayer.
Realplayer audio link

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have realplayer, but nothing short of Rogers saying "I hate playing football, and I want to murder Joey Harrington's family." could change my opinion. It's a freaking audio clip.

But if you can, please summarize.

mineral723

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
I don't have realplayer, but nothing short of Rogers saying "I hate playing football, and I want to murder Joey Harrington's family." could change my opinion. It's a freaking audio clip.

But if you can, please summarize.
Well, it basically breaks it down and answers all the questions on why he was cut.
He was given plenty of opportunity. Benched by two choaches (mooch and martz), and just didn't practice with any intensity.
And come on... This Martz stretch-the-field offense would've been perfect for a guy like Rogers and he just didn't want to play. Poor practices, injury-prone, and he has off-the-field problems.
He might not even clear waivers.
When Corey Bradford outplays a #1 pick, you can pretty much label him a bust.

Members online

Latest posts