Charles Woodson visit

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I mentioned Woodson a couple weks ago and got a lukewarm response from you guys. Now that TT looks at him we are creaming our pants.

Again, I would take Woodson and move him to safety!

I'm not creaming my pants!!!..........I'm creaming my CORN! :wink: :lol:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
DePack said:
I mentioned Woodson a couple weks ago and got a lukewarm response from you guys. Now that TT looks at him we are creaming our pants.

Again, I would take Woodson and move him to safety!

I'm not creaming my pants!!!..........I'm creaming my CORN! :wink: :lol:

Thanks for the visual!

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this rumor even true? Can anyone send me a link stating that Woodson is coming to visit GB? I cant find it ANYWHERE!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say - pay strict attention to MIKE HAWKINS this year... real close!

If he can avoid the injury-bug that might come with over-training... then he's a show-stopper. He's started to pay attention to some great fundamentals, and this year it should pay off.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
I say - pay strict attention to MIKE HAWKINS this year... real close!

If he can avoid the injury-bug that might come with over-training... then he's a show-stopper. He's started to pay attention to some great fundamentals, and this year it should pay off.

Very astute. This guy reaks with potential and will play the nickel slot this year. If Carroll keeps progressing we will have some pretty good corners for the future.

Sorry Tromadz, but somebody has to believe in Carroll!

bt_impaler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carrol is too short. I don't care how fast he is, when a jump ball comes his way he doesn't have a shot. Woodson is 6'1, so that's 3 inches better than the reported 5'10 Carrol. No more midget DBs.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jim Bates has said he would have liked a veteran cb and I believe Sanders probably feels the same way.....I really like the idea of Woodson, he was one of the FA I thought we would go after considering he is a Midwest guy, who is used to the elements....U can't blame him for being upset in Oakland, who is happy playing in Oakland, and especially he had to play there for 8 years...many seem to forget that he was a starting cb on a Super Bowl team....just think if we sign him.....

Starters
Al Harris
Charles Woodson

Nickle/Dime
Ahmad Carroll
Michael Hawkins

That situation would push Carroll into a special teams role and with a full training camp working with returns he might be pretty good back there...

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the only way i recognize the existence of michigan (cough...wash my mouth out with soap after that m-word) alumni is if they're in green and gold at the next level...but Woodson is a great player (when healthy), and again, a NAME...he is a recognizable player, and that rejuvenates the fan base, actually gives journalists soemthing positive to write about for once...him or lavar would be money at this point...

our cornerbacks are not that good after harris, in fact, i can't name our cornerbacks after harris and carroll--carroll's coming around, but we cant afford to wait for him to 'come around' all career, two vets ahead of carroll at the #3 position would be solid, and we should draft another corner because mike hawkins--i dont know his whereabouts, and jason horton just isn't suited for NFL competition, every time i've seen him he's given up a TD

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we were to get Woodson, how many here would risk his injury prone body to the return game?

I am not against this signing, however unlikely it may be.

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
If we were to get Woodson, how many here would risk his injury prone body to the return game?

I'd much rather see Carroll back there returning kicks and punts along with Fergy. I used to think Fergy should be used sparingly on special teams so he can flourish as a WR but I think those thoughts are basically long gone and we need to get something out of #89.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
DakotaT said:

I'd much rather see Carroll back there returning kicks and punts along with Fergy. I used to think Fergy should be used sparingly on special teams so he can flourish as a WR but I think those thoughts are basically long gone and we need to get something out of #89.
Yeah, just so Poop Davenport doesn't cut in front of him to try and field the kick. I'm still torqued at him for muffing that kickoff that possibly ended Murphys career.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bt_impaler said:
Carrol is too short. I don't care how fast he is, when a jump ball comes his way he doesn't have a shot. Woodson is 6'1, so that's 3 inches better than the reported 5'10 Carrol. No more midget DBs.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That's what most cornerbacks are.... DeAngelo is 5'10, Ty is 5'11, 2-Nine is 5'11, Pacman is 5'11.... CBs are usually smaller because this allows them more agility in covering receivers.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just heard from my buddy in She Vegas (Sheboygan) who heard on the radio that the Packers are close to finalizing a deal for Charles Woodson.

Looks like this is for real.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
just bumping this up - anyone hear if woodson signed somewhere else yet?

Hey 4packgirl,

Got this from a Buc forum.

Buccaneers | Woodson has good visit
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 19:18:48 -0800

Roy Cummings, of the Tampa Tribune, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers met with free agent CB Charles Woodson (Raiders) Friday, March 24. According to his agent, he had a good meeting with the Bucs. "Charles said everything went well," agent Carl Poston said. "But I expected him to enjoy it. They have good people there and they all know each other." Poston said no contract negotiations have taken place, nor does he expect any until Woodson visits the Green Bay Packers next week.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CalifPacker said:
4packgirl said:
just bumping this up - anyone hear if woodson signed somewhere else yet?

Hey 4packgirl,

Got this from a Buc forum.

Buccaneers | Woodson has good visit
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 19:18:48 -0800

Roy Cummings, of the Tampa Tribune, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers met with free agent CB Charles Woodson (Raiders) Friday, March 24. According to his agent, he had a good meeting with the Bucs. "Charles said everything went well," agent Carl Poston said. "But I expected him to enjoy it. They have good people there and they all know each other." Poston said no contract negotiations have taken place, nor does he expect any until Woodson visits the Green Bay Packers next week.

hey thanks califpacker! at least it seems he's giving us a chance - that's good!

Members online