Charles Woodson visit

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like he's going to visit Green Bay early next week. He's visiting Tampa Bay today and tomorrow so hopefully he doesn't sign with them right away and the Packers can get in the mix.

I'd love to see a proven, veteran CB with the Packers opposite Harris. Carroll would be a decent nickel/dime back but shouldn't be starting right now.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YES! F'N YES!

YES!

YES DADDY!

WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Early next week?!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Hes a vet, a hard worker!

Who cares if his leg got broken.

Man with broken leg > Carroll

WHOOOOO!!

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles Woodson 9 year vet, played only 6 games last year because of injuries..........................We are creaming our jeans over the possibility of signing him.

Eric Moulds, 11 year vet, no major injuries in his career...............................He's to old and is over the hill no way we want any part of him.

The logic of this thinking is beyond me.

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Find a post where I say the Packers shouldn't sign Eric Moulds and find a post where I'm creaming my jeans over the possibility of signing Woodson...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey buck, did you watch any GB games last year? WRs isnt our main concern(when healthy)

CB is..WHEN healthy!

I came multiple times playing with photoshop putting woodson in a GB uniform. Thats right.

(jk, i cant work photoshop for the life of me)

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom,
Just trying to point the ridiculous vendetta you have against A. Carroll.
Just because you don't like a player everyone on this forum has to put up with your daily bashing of him, your repetitive rap on Carroll is old and tiring.
By the way, the last time I checked, A. Carroll was still a Packer, if you can't support him as a Packer just shut up about him, training camp and pre-season is where these things get worked out.
I wouldn't mind Woodson and Moulds both being signed, this years team is going to need veteran leaders.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nope, sorry.

I dont bash him every day, but now, I think I just might. thanks for the idea, buck.

Maybe you like haveing a starting CB who sucks at his job, and sucks at life (get arrested some more, AC).

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why arent you PMing me these things, and ruining a great thread of happiness.

be happy, dude. Woodson might be a packer. what the hell...

Carroll sucks. He broke my heart. But he sucks. Sorry.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If TT signs Woodson, it is more likely that Woodson will be the nickel, not Carroll. Harris and Carroll were an excellent pair last year. It was the opposing team's slot receivers and tight ends that usually burned the Packers last year, not the starting wide receivers.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whoever would win the battle would be 2nd CB, id think.

If carroll wins, good for him, so be it (I just dont see it happening...ever. even mr. broken leg could beat him)

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson would be a very good number 2. I don't think Carroll should be given up on but he would be better as a nickel back. Woodson is 29 so he isn't too old and he can make a big impact. We have the cap room, it has been sad that the player people here most want the Packers to get has been Edinger. Things are looking up if they take a serious look at Woodson, but I wouldn't get my hopes up because everything I've read has said that he is looking for big money.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of my sons-in-law has been an avid Raider fan forever. He was happy that Woodson was gone. He described Woodson as overpaid, always injured, and overhyped. Frankly, I'm a bit surprised since TT has been emphasizing youth, almost to a fault.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now let me rain on you a bit Tromdaz.
Friday in Tampa and over the weekend he visits Seattle.

Green Bay next week. He could be signed before he gets to Green Bay.

He has been "tagged" the last 2 seasons by the Raiders who with cap problems could not afford to sign or tag him again. A 3 year deal would be expensive but would put Carroll on the bench or trading block and allow Hawkins to take over when ready or the next high round CB.

This is reported as a bad draft year for CB's. This would be Woodson's 9th year but Darrell Green played what 18 years?

He will be very expensive. Probably too expensive. I would put the probability at 20-25% at this point. Better than zero but don't get your hopes up.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh i know. rain away, man.

The fact that FA cornerbacks are being looked at makes me dance in my room.

If we dont get woodson, i wont cry. I want clements personally, but...we DO need an upgrade! (the top 20 CBs in FA are better than AC, so any of them will do)

yay FA CBS!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson seems like a longshot to me. He's a big ego, injury-prone underachiever. Not what Thompson would call a "Packer person." He's still worth a look, but nothing to get excited about. He will be looking to start, not play nickel, and at this point in his career I'm not sure he'd be that much of an upgrade over Carroll anway.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll is on Trom's hitlist, no matter how he performs, he will never be good enough for Trom, and we all have to here about it, day after day.

http://www.twominutewarning.com/cb2005.htm

This site shows how The Packs DB's were not that bad last year.

Just another note to add, all the db"s are a year older with another year of experience under their belt, they are only going to get better.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mentioned Woodson a couple weks ago and got a lukewarm response from you guys. Now that TT looks at him we are creaming our pants.

Again, I would take Woodson and move him to safety!

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I mentioned Woodson a couple weks ago and got a lukewarm response from you guys. Now that TT looks at him we are creaming our pants.

Again, I would take Woodson and move him to safety!

I don't think he would agree to it.

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson is very good and the reason that he doesnt get that many picks is because QBs are scared to throw in his direction. He doesnt get TOO MANY opportunities. I would love to have him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts