Charles Woodson HIT LIST!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles will be our #2 cornerback, and at times, yes he will no doubtedly cover the #1 WR, but for the most part he will be covering the teams #2 WR.

Here is a tentative list of our opposing teams #2 receivers.

Week 1 – Mark Bradley
Week 2 – Donte Stallworth
Week 3 – Mike Williams
Week 4 – Todd Pinkston
Week 5 – Isaac Bruce
Week 6 - BYE
Week 7 - Marty Booker
Week 8 – Larry Fitzgerald
Week 9 – Peerless Price
Week 10 – Marcus Robinson
Week 11 – Chad Jackson
Week 12 - Nate Burleson
Week 13 - Justin McCareins
Week 14 – Antonio Bryant
Week 15 – Mike Williams
Week 16 – Marcus Robinson
Week 17 – Mark Bradley

(of course no team has a set DEPTH CHART yet, these are just educated guesses)

I think Charles should be able to handle that load. I can't wait!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In addition to his cover ability Woodson is tough against the run(obviously something we need) and, will allow Sanders to create more qb pressures with packages that require the corners to man up.

We all talked about wanting to see the pass rush improved and by acquiring Woodson and Hawk we may have done more to create qb pressures than if we had a shot at Williams.

When ol' Sherm was the "D" coordinator we had talent on the corners like this and he brought pressure from all over the place.

Adding Woodson means a lot more than just having a guy that can cover #2's.
He's been up against a whole lot better receivers than what's on that list and held his own. Starting out at #2 is the best way he can polish his skills and not hurt the team at the same time. Heck, he could probably stay with most those guys with his leg still broke.

I'm not nearly as worried about the quality of play as much as keeping him healthy. The guy likes to hit though and while that's great it has also lead to his missing many games.

NiVeK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Charles will be our #2 cornerback, and at times, yes he will no doubtedly cover the #1 WR, but for the most part he will be covering the teams #2 WR.

Here is a tentative list of our opposing teams #2 receivers.

Week 1 – Mark Bradley
Week 2 – Donte Stallworth
Week 3 – Mike Williams
Week 4 – Todd Pinkston
Week 5 – Isaac Bruce
Week 6 - BYE
Week 7 - Marty Booker
Week 8 – Larry Fitzgerald
Week 9 – Peerless Price
Week 10 – Marcus Robinson
Week 11 – Chad Jackson
Week 12 - Nate Burleson
Week 13 - Justin McCareins
Week 14 – Antonio Bryant
Week 15 – Mike Williams
Week 16 – Marcus Robinson
Week 17 – Mark Bradley

(of course no team has a set DEPTH CHART yet, these are just educated guesses)

I think Charles should be able to handle that load. I can't wait!

yeah, what a group of donkeys.

the Woodson-"inator?" will eat them up....

GO PACKERS!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams are going to try to lineup their #1 on Woodson. So you'd better be ready to see him covering Mushin Muhammed and Roy Williams a lot as well.

With that said the best case for Woodson was to sign with a team we're he doesn't have to be "the" guy. He's on a team with Al Harris and that will benefit him and Harris as well greatly.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
teams can TRY all day to line their #1s on Woodson

I am sure they TRIED to line their 1s on AHMAD CARROLL a lot last year, but Al Harris would be on the #1s, cuz GB defense is smart.

But yeah, they tried to att ack our #2 CB before with their #1, and Al Harris said "NO! Thats a bad opposing offense! Stop dat!"

Witht hat said, im sure Woodson will get some action with some #1s regardless, if a play comes in late, etc...or just out of strategy...he should do well. Hes Charles Woodson!

PackItUp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
In addition to his cover ability Woodson is tough against the run(obviously something we need) and, will allow Sanders to create more qb pressures with packages that require the corners to man up.

If by tough against the run, you mean little nancy boy who dislocates his shoulder anytime he tries to tackle somebody over 200lbs

Woodson is a joke of a player at this point, still riding the coat tails of his senior year at Michigan

Letting him cover a #2 WR one on one seems like a recipe for a 4-12 season

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Bye is underrated. He's got great leaping ability, knows how to get open and 2 great hands. Some may see him as week.

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackItUp said:
warhawk said:

If by tough against the run, you mean little nancy boy who dislocates his shoulder anytime he tries to tackle somebody over 200lbs

Woodson is a joke of a player at this point, still riding the coat tails of his senior year at Michigan

Click this...Is Terrell Owens over 200 lbs?

PackItUp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not seen in the clip, Charles Woodson missing the next seven games with a shoulder strain

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah when you dislocate your shoulder you usually get up really quick and sprint back to the huddle... while the rest of your teammates huddled over the recently plowed reciever.

manhandled

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
I think Bye is underrated. He's got great leaping ability, knows how to get open and 2 great hands. Some may see him as week.

True, this is the week we TRULY find out what Woodson the packers have, the good woodson, or the injury-ridden lost-a-step woodson.

good call, calicheesehead.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
~TheJoker~ said:
Clearly evident in the last post, kid whose parents never loved him.

For the record, he didn't get hurt until 3 weeks later against Buffalo. So I guess what I'm saying is...packitup.

Man you just don't stop. So the guy doesn't like Woodson. Now Woodson isn't near as bad as he's sounding but the top sentence in your post in way off subject and has nothing to do with it. The only thing that is evident is that Woodson is your boy. It's kool with me. I hope he's every bit as good as you make him out to be. The fact is though I don't believe he is.

Like stated though having Al Harris on the other side covering a WR will benefit both players a lot.

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Man you just don't stop. So the guy doesn't like Woodson. Now Woodson isn't near as bad as he's sounding but the top sentence in your post in way off subject and has nothing to do with it. The only thing that is evident is that Woodson is your boy. It's kool with me. I hope he's every bit as good as you make him out to be. The fact is though I don't believe he is.

Like stated though having Al Harris on the other side covering a WR will benefit both players a lot.

Ya know, Pork, you remind me of Iceman in Top Gun. "Everytime you go up in the air, you're unsafe." "You're dangerous up there, Maverick." "Your hair is better than mine, Mav." "I can chomp my teeth, Maverick."

So I guess I'll add to the mix:

"What's your problem, Porky?"

This is where YOU say:

"You're everyone's problem! That's because every time you post a reply, you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're biased."

And then I go:

"That's right, Por...*shoulder brush*...kee. I AM biased."

PackItUp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Other than Larry Fitgzgerald.....BYE might be the toughest one!

Subsequently "BYE" might be the only one where the Packers aren't underdogs!!! :D

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackItUp said:
warhawk said:

Yeah, and four years named ALL Pro is really not a measure of the talent the guy has. My calendar says that happened AFTER Michigan.

The guy's been hurt. It happens. At least he's not a wuss. I'd take a Woodson who might get banged up over some slacker that want's to grab the shoulder pads and get a free ride any day.

I doubt there's a player in the NFL that would say he can't play at an extremely high level. It's a matter of staying healthy. You way off if you think he will have a problem with #2's though man. Way off.

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packitup, your argument shouldn't be the number of pro bowls, which is FOUR like warhawk said, it should be when those pro bowls happened---his first four years playing. See, that's when you come in and say 'Yeah well, where the hell has he been the last four years? On the bench, hurt, cuz he's a nancy boy.'

See? Easy.

Careful tho, that might arouse that Joker cat, and I hear he's an ***.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem with newbies but I seriously doubt this guy has ever been to GB let alone lives there.

I guess the name "PackITUp" pretty much sums up where he comes from.

Sounds like a Queen or Pizzatown boy to me.

Members online

Latest posts