Charles Woodson Heisman Trophy Highlights and Presentation

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has he aged at all??

Great find!

I had a toy of Woodson in his college days years and years before he was a Packer, I forgot about it until now..

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I'm kind of in awe. After seeing Favre and Reggie, two of the best at their positions, I now got to watch Aaron Rodgers, Charles Woodson and Clay Matthews.

Right now, in the draft, the kids coming up said they molded their game after Woodson and Rodgers. Locker said he admired Rodgers most of all, and Peterson said he played like Woodson.

Quite frankly, we're watching history. 5 years from now, those guys will be highly considered top 10, maybe even top 5 of all time in their positions. And not only that, but they'll be talking about how unique each guy is. Rodgers with his arm and his legs. Woodson as perhaps the most versatile cornerback of all time, and Matthews as the most complete OLB. Guys that aren't just QB, CB, OLB, that are football players, that could play multiple positions on the field.

And just so that this post doesn't end in such cheesy/corny way, like Versus said, it's no coincidence that Woodson is still playing at a high level. He simply hasn't aged!

Oh, and, yes, Pey Pey is still pissed of as hell. And Moss with sunglasses inside? What a *********.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
woodson maturing I thinkg has alot to do with his high level of play recentely. This was the guy that was a pain in Oakland and now is considered a leader on a SB winning team. I have heard pretty negative things about his as a person during his time in oakland and have heard only good things since he has been here. But what if he would have been a leader in oakland, him and scrabble? wow thats tough to beat.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
woodson maturing I thinkg has alot to do with his high level of play recentely. This was the guy that was a pain in Oakland and now is considered a leader on a SB winning team. I have heard pretty negative things about his as a person during his time in oakland and have heard only good things since he has been here. But what if he would have been a leader in oakland, him and scrabble? wow thats tough to beat.
Oakland is a mess. Hard to be a great leader with Al Davis making stupid mistakes year in and year out, and with guys like Randy Moss on your team.

I bet those bad reports about him weren't from when Rich Gannon, Rod Woodson, Tim Brown were there...

That being said, I agree that he has matured a lot and developed leadership lately. But if you look at his speech back then with Michigan, that doesn't sound like a cocky kid. That sounds like a really smart, down to earth and focused young individual.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oakland is a mess. Hard to be a great leader with Al Davis making stupid mistakes year in and year out, and with guys like Randy Moss on your team.

I bet those bad reports about him weren't from when Rich Gannon, Rod Woodson, Tim Brown were there...

That being said, I agree that he has matured a lot and developed leadership lately. But if you look at his speech back then with Michigan, that doesn't sound like a cocky kid. That sounds like a really smart, down to earth and focused young individual.

More or less stuff about him being a jerk to fans and women. huge ego and difficult to deal with.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More or less stuff about him being a jerk to fans and women. huge ego and difficult to deal with.

Hmn.

No reports of this whatsoever in Michigan. No reports of this whatsoever in Green Bay.

Only reports of this in his last years in Oakland.

Now, it might be true, that he somehow changed for a period in Oakland and now is a good guy again.

But it might also be reports from angry Raiders fans that were upset with him in Oakland...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmn.

No reports of this whatsoever in Michigan. No reports of this whatsoever in Green Bay.

Only reports of this in his last years in Oakland.

Now, it might be true, that he somehow changed for a period in Oakland and now is a good guy again.

But it might also be reports from angry Raiders fans that were upset with him in Oakland...

Stuff like that doesnt normally show up on Sportscenter. Its kind of something people in football or that work with football talk about. Im sure Don Banks or Peter King will tell you the same thing.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stuff like that doesnt normally show up on Sportscenter. Its kind of something people in football or that work with football talk about. Im sure Don Banks or Peter King will tell you the same thing.
They talk about because it's something that either happened to them or have been reported to them.

Either way it's not something documented, and it's not something that happened in any other place other than oakland.

Either he was an ***** just for a short period of time, or someone is lying.

Members online

Latest posts