Charles Woodson: Class Act

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he is probably not in contention for DPOY considering the passing yards given up by the defense. I also doubt they would give MVP and DPOY to players on the same team.

I want to see Woodson get 60 career INTs. He now has 52. There are 37 players with 50 picks, but only nine players with 60 picks in NFL history.
Ya really don't think that he would be considered for DPOY even if he broke that record and/or the Pick 6 one as well?

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya really don't think that he would be considered for DPOY even if he broke that record and/or the Pick 6 one as well?

Setting a career record doesn't mean you should win a yearly award. The Packers have given up the second most passing yards per game, and I think that ranking would have to improve a lot for him to be in the running for DPOY.

Crash_override

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah that was awesome, especially right after Robinson kicked Lang in the man-parts. Really accentuates the class difference between the two teams.

As for DPOY for Woodson, I don't see it. Unless the defense really steps it up in the later half of the season, and Woodson has a few more multi-INT/sack games. It would be a nice honor for him though, but then again, give it a few years and the HOF will be calling, so... There's that.

Reaction score
When I went to the Panthers game in game 2, Woodson gave 1 of his picked balls to a girl right next to me. He's always been a class act but this time he was caught red handed!

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope the NFL does the right thing and waives the fine. (Not happening, I know) IMHO there is a huge difference between handing the ball to fan especially a child and chucking the rock recklessly into the crowd.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If guys are allowed to keep game balls for themselves when they reach milestones, they should be allowed to give game balls away once in a while too.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If guys are allowed to keep game balls for themselves when they reach milestones, they should be allowed to give game balls away once in a while too.
Good point!

It's hypocritical if the NFL doesn't fine a team for giving away the game ball to one of it's players but it does for giving the ball to the crowd.

They could have a limit. Like each team gets to give away one ball to the fans during the game. After that, a fine.
And crikey! Just have them cover the cost of the ball including shipping.

Question: Does anyone know if they all use brand new balls before each game or do they use a ball for a few games before replacing them?

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles Woodson is definitely one of my favorite players, the pep talk he gave during the Superbowl after he broke his collarbone was so amazing. I have so much respect for Charles Woodson and what he does for the Packers organization
"White House on 3!"

I know that's not the speech your referring to, but the White House one was just pure genius.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles Woodson is definitely one of my favorite players, the pep talk he gave during the Superbowl after he broke his collarbone was so amazing. I have so much respect for Charles Woodson and what he does for the Packers organization

I had tears in my eyes when that happened. I thought they'd best win the SB for Woodson. Sometimes a player can be the wind beneath your wings, even when he can't take the field. The inspiration and emotion from that speech must of been soul stirring.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I had tears in my eyes when that happened. I thought they'd best win the SB for Woodson. Sometimes a player can be the wind beneath your wings, even when he can't take the field. The inspiration and emotion from that speech must of been soul stirring.

That was the pep talk of the century! the Packers might now have won had it not been for him motivating them.

Members online

Latest posts