Charles Robinson's NFC Rankings

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's where you are wrong, my friend...(as usual..)

It's not hatred...

I'm just not ready to DEIFY some of these guys just because they work for the Packer organization...I'll rationally assess their ability as the season unfolds....

..big difference...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, 66. I am not annointing Sanders the second coming...but he does have some positives going in that Slowik did not by circumstance and choice.

All I am saying is that there is reason to be optimistic where the defense is concerned.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nobody is deifying sanders. people are giving him the benefit of the doubt, because everything he has done in his NFL career has been very good.

he has 1 year of packer work under his belt
he has familiarity with the system

whats your problem?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tromadz said:
P@ck66 said:
Plus the D has a new coordinator..so it may take awhile for them to come together as well....

Yeah...

-except Sanders was with the team last year and knows all the guys from last years roster very well.

-except it is the same scheme.

who cares about facts.

I don't have a problem...

YOU have a problem....

Look at what I said and then look at your response....

(I stated rationally and calmly a fact...that Sanders is a new DC for the Packers...then some jack*** comes along and says some ridiculous tripe such as this..."who cares about facts...")

I stated a fact..That Sanders is not Jim Bates, and two..he is a NEW DC...(Jesus..now I have to quote myself here??) Try and follow along...

Now who has the problem..??

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ha, you decided to not put the part where you said it will take sanders a while. Classic.

why will it take a while?

-he's not a stranger...

-he doesnt have to teach a new scheme...

-he doesnt have to get to know a whole new defense(rookies and FAs)

I also stated facts in what you quoted me on there...so yeah.

but yeah, "He's not Bates! RAH!"

whatever...lets just agree to disagree.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only deity around the Green Bay Packers is St. Vince. Holmgren was on his way until he let Shanahan outcoach him in SBXXXII.

But Pack 66, I think it is fairly obvious that our personel is on the rise talent wise on defense. Just adding Hawk was awesome, but I think Pickett is an upgrade over Gravy, and I know Manuel is going to be an upgrade over Roman, barring injury. Woodson should upgrade the secondary too.

If you want to be cautious and take the glass half empty approach, that's cool; but alot of us in here are pretty stoked about what we feel will be a good defense. Slowick might even had done okay with this personel. Sanders has been given the tools to do succeed in his debut.

All I want is to win the division and give the media a big sh!tburger to eat. Most of them just regurgitate what they here from espn, like the guy who is the inspiration for this thread.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sanders might do bad, he might do good...........NONE of us knows for sure how it will end up at this point in time.
I personally hope he does good.

END OF THREAD

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tromadz said:
ha, you decided to not put the part where you said it will take sanders a while. Classic.

-he's not a stranger...

Fine! :wall: :wall: :wall:

All i was really saying was that I think that IN TIME...the Pack will have a good defense....i'm just not counting on miracles this year....they may be good..but not great yet....

(and Cheesey...I SAY when a thread is over....!)

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
tromadz said:

-he's not a stranger...

Fine! wall wall wall

All i was really saying was that I think that IN TIME...the Pack will have a good defense....i'm just not counting on miracles this year....they may be good..but not great yet....

(and Cheesey...I SAY when a thread is over....!)

You're right to an extend. Are we 1996 good on Defense, hell no were not? That unit had swagger they backed up. But I would say we have a better D than in the latter Sherman years. At least we don't have piles of dung like Hunt collecting checks any more.

I am a lot more apprehensive about our O-line and offense than I am defense, and I haven't been able to say that for a number of years!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can anyone judge either way??? It hasn't happened yet! You can give an OPINION......but thats ALL it is, an OPINION! To be ready to FIGHT over it is just plain stupid.
Pack66......sorry i tried to end the argume......i mean THREAD.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
ooops.....I'm sorry, I thought this was a thread about the NFC ranking...my bad. Continue the course gents.

It WAS........but it got hijacked into another "fight to the death". :-? :shock: :roll:

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and for once, i wasn't involved in a hijacking?? where's zero??? he's gotta see this!!!!! :lol: :hijacked:

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOw this guy is really stupid. Yahoo sports sucks. I saw their mock draft and they had leinhart going to the saints

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packersfan43084 said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ald0tS0HbvC4NwJrIXNcyChDubYF?slug=cr-nfcrankings051206&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

14. Green Bay Packers – Brett Favre is back, but the offensive weapons around him leave a lot to be desired. Rod Gardner, Robert Ferguson and Donald Driver won't strike fear into the hearts of defenses, and the collection of running backs has to prove it can stay healthy. Success is going to fall on the defense, where plenty of big additions have been made: Charles Woodson, Marquand Manuel, Ryan Pickett, A.J. Hawk and Abdul Hodge.

This is guy is crazy. That's all I'm saying. What say you?

Charles Robinson is the same moron who said the Bears would only win like "3" games last season or he'd eat his laptop. I wonder how that tasted? Take everything this guy says as lightly as possible, he's an idiot.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how do idiots like that get to write articles..

brb, ive got an article to write for packerforum.com

doh!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
By that logic, Mike Holmgren should have failed because he IS NOT Bill Walsh!

Ahh....go to my son's baseball game and I miss a good argument.

Just to add a little gasoline on the fire....by yours and tromadz logic, Sherman was chosen by Wolf as GM. Shouldn't that guarantee success? How'd that go? :lol:

Damn....I can't believe I'm ragging on my boy Mike just to get into the argument :roll: Damn that's pathetic!

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This assessment of the Packers offense is a bunch of crap.

Here's why: no one knows what this offense is capable of doing. Last year at SF, the offense was ranked 32nd, but the offensive line was putrid and they started a rookie QB. Their running backs weren't much to crow about.

Put this offense in the hands of some veterans, and you might have a change.

Ends- Driver, Ferguson or Gardner
Slot- Jennings
Tackles-Clifton, Tauscher
Guards-????
Center-Wells

RB's- Green, Gado, Davenport
FB- Henderson, Leach
QB-Favre

That's about 85% of the offense that was 3rd in the league two years ago.
All teams have turnover each year. The key is the offensive line, and if this zone blocking thing works(Green and Gado both played in it in college) the run game could be pretty good. Atlanta had an outstanding run offense.
I think that was part of TT's motivation to let Walker go, since the pass game will be emphasized less than running. Running the ball is important outside and especially later in the year. The guards are critical, and probably won't be either Barry or Whittaker....but Coston and one of the rookies could be playing. I'm hearing rumors from another board the Packers might make a move for a veteran guard, we'll see.

It looks like the defense will be improved, but I wouldn't toss out this offense just yet.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah new defensive players this year

Woodson
Hawk
Pickett

we're DOOMED!

I believe our defense will be strong this year, but we have more new players with Taylor and Manuel. That's 5 new players starting for the defense, possibly more if Montgomery starts for KGB. I think that all 5 players are upgrades, which bodes very well for us. But at the same time, almost 50% of the starting defense is new and it will take time to gel.

The offense is in a similar situation, but has the added disadvantage of a new system and entirely new coaches.

This is going to be a season with some growing pains, but I can see the improvement coming and I'm excited about this team. By the end of the year, we're going to be a very tough team to beat.

One major positive IMO is the success of the offseason workout program. Not because of free weights (although I believe free weights are better), but because of building team chemistry. It's very important for all of these young guys to come together as a team. It's also nice that the coaches have more time to work with the young players and teach the offense. That has shown positive gains for Rodgers already.

This is a great team. By far the best in the league! (spoke with Green/Gold sunglasses) I was sceptical of TT's approach due to last year's failures and apparent lack of action in the offseason. But now I can see his vision for the team and I agree. Build a strong defense, have a solid offense, play solid fundamentals. The defense was improved with Woodson, Hawk, Pickett, Taylor and Manuel. TT brought on young OL to compete and kept solid performers on offense. He signed McCarthy for the solid fundamentals, return to a true WCO instead of Rossley's run/shoot variation of the WCO.

This team will get through the growing pains this season and be ready to push the following. With some luck on injuries, I think we can get back to playoffs this year.

GO PACK GO!!!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I agree 100% Bobby...

(but be prepared to be attacked by certain posters for your viewpoint...especially about the defense...)

I posted the same exact sentiment yesterday and got my *** barbecued for it by some over-zealous posters...

Keep posting...someone has to keep rational thought flowing on this board...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
how do idiots like that get to write articles..

brb, ive got an article to write for packerforum.com

doh!

Now THATS the kind of comeback i LIKE!!!LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby, I agree with this.

We do have some new (better) players to add to the mix. Having to come together as a unit will take a little time but is somewhat old hat for players and coaches these days with constant turnover being the norm.

Still, five new guys is a high number. It may be eased somewhat by the fact that Pickett, Woodson, Taylor, and, Manuel are veterens. Nor does it hurt that Hawk is considered to be the most highly regarded rookie likey to adapt quickly to the pro game.

Not changing the system is huge in this regard and being a fairly basic scheme is good.

Still, all in all, compared to previous years when we were changing the coordinator and schemes but not adding quality players, this is encouraging change. Just the fact that we have some depth at several postitions on "D" is good news. That's a switch from recent past.

Members online

Latest posts