1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Charles Martin slam of Jim McMahon

Discussion in 'Video Highlights' started by Murgen, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwFk_TdRu_0"]YouTube - 1985 Chicago Bears vs Green Bay Packers[/ame]

Be very very quiet. Packers are hunting bears! Shhhhhh

Thought I would post it case anybody else hasn't seen it. I hadn't before.

2. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    lmao I had no idea the Pack used to be so rough! I've only been watching them from the late 90's on. Was funny seeing Martin get high fives after wards:happy0005:
    Thxs for posting.

3. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Thx for the post. I am old enough that I clearly remember watching that game, in that era. We were terrible. And that was a terrible vicious, dirty play. But it didn't bother me because they were the Bears.

Funny that McMahon would later win a ring with us, the Packers. He first tried to win one with the Vikings. OF COURSE no ring there.

4. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    wow, i was 5 when this was broadcast...but yeah, we were looking more like the ravens there. ouch.

5. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Yeah I was thinking of that too.

I think he even played in the final seconds/minutes of that SB with the Pack.

So now he has two rings.

6. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    I wonder if you have told McMahon that he would win another ring with the Packers 11 years later after that game what he would have said?

I think back then it really was the black and blue division.

7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I just realized how ironic it is that McMahon has one more ring than Burnt Fail.
    Since I'm not as much of a Bears hater as others on here, I'm fine with that since it looks like that's the way it's going to be.
    Brett Favre. What a loser.

8. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    The joke at the time was the TV network went to commercial break and came back before Martin put that late hit on McMahon, lol. I recall another incident around that time frame where Charles Martin threw an egg at another players car.

Another joke in Chicago at the time was the Bears called the police whenever the Packers came to town.

The Forrest Gregg coached Packer teams played dirty, especially against the hated Ditka led Bears.

9. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    I never got to see this game cause I was a kid and we had moved to Texas in 83 and the Packers were never on TV down here back then.

I like it when the Ken Stills comes into the frame just blasting that one bears player. LOL That makes me laugh. guys just standing around and a dude come flying in and BAM!!

10. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    The good ole days (for us older fans).
    Does anyone besides me remember old #97, Tim Harris, the 6-shooter?
    Opposing teams, like the Vikings, hated that guy! He'd taunt the opposing sideline after sacks, and point his hands/guns at their bench and shoot them. CLASSIC ****. Very underrated, because were were the bad Packers back then.

I love villains if they are on our team.

11. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    A Mark Murphy sighting! (Not to be confused with our CEO)

12. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    Yeah, I remember Harris doing the six shooter after a play then blowing smoke off his finger, lol. Wasn't he also the guy that ate a hot dog on the sidelines during a game?

Ezra Johnson and Paul Coffman where fine players back then also, which I noticed in the youtube vid.

13. PWT

PWT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    Lag posted;"
    Yeah, I remember Harris doing the six shooter after a play then blowing smoke off his finger, lol. Wasn't he also the guy that ate a hot dog on the sidelines during a game?

Ezra Johnson and Paul Coffman where fine players back then also, which I noticed in the youtube vid. "

IF I remember corectly, it was Ezra Johnson.

14. Eis Bowl

Eis Bowl Touchdown Artist

Ratings:
    +18
    The mid to late 80's when I started really watching the Packers more as a teenager these were the best parts of the games. There wasn't much else to see.

15. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Oh yeah, I remember Tim Harris. Hard to forget him. LOL And yes, Packers stunk so you NEVER saw them on national tv. It was before the internet too so I would have to get my Packer fix from literally reading about a 6 line recap of the game posted in the Dallas Morning news and then reading the box score. literally for years that was all the Packer coverage we got down here. I did subscribe to Packer Report. Man, that was awesome back in the day. I remember always reading the SI down at the library and would get excited if they even mentioned the Pack.

16. CheeseheadKT

CheeseheadKT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Sweetness should have gotten flagged too

17. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Yeah, that was some B.S. He dragged the Packer player down.

18. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +466
    I was the opposite. I said throw that buttwipe off the team, even though it was on a Bear.