Charles Johnson Grand Valley State 7th Round Pick

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Could be our next Donald Driver. You never know.

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sort of thinking he could be DD 2.0. He's faster and taller, bigger and stronger than DD. What remains to be seen is can he run routes, are his hands soft, and is he clutch?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
How can you not root for a kid who puts his life on "pause" for one year to help take care of his dad? And of course how can Packers fans not be excited at the prospect of a 6'3", 225 pound WR who runs a 4.3 40 catching passes from Aaron Rodgers? But IMO Randall Cobb is Donald Driver 2.0. Like DD he's fearless over the middle and like DD he's "nifty" but not a speedster. If Johnson sticks and earns PT, he'll be the deep threat that is the only missing element of the Packers' current WR corps. Cobb and DD are/were "inside" threats, if Johnson fulfills his potential, he'll be an outside threat.

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear what you're saying Jack. I remember DD was an outside threat early in his career, and I meant to say I think Johnson can do what DD did but maybe also a few things he couldn't. Johnson has the speed to catch one over the middle and take it to the EZ. I hope he lives up to the hype I'm building up for him. Definitely has the speed to challenge the secondary deep.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I'm sort of thinking he could be DD 2.0. He's faster and taller, bigger and stronger than DD. What remains to be seen is can he run routes, are his hands soft, and is he clutch?
No yes dunno. I hear he has nice soft hands and looks every bit the part in shorts. He has good body control from his basketball days too. Allegedly the staff is very excited.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to pull for the guy. His stock dropped not for performance or attitude reasons but for putting everything on hold to help his dad. Seems like draft day doubt becomes contagious among teams and it causes talent to be overlooked. I'm glad we don't do that.
Here's to hoping he's the sleeper of the draft!

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so rooting for this guy. I live near Michigan Tech which is in the same conference as Grand Valley. Not the same as a local boy making good, but pretty close. Besides, what he's had to fight through makes me want to see him make it big. I'm trying not to get so wrapped up in it just in case.

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yep. gotta admit he passes the eye test, at least to me. I just watched your clip. first time I commented I didn't want to wake up my wife by watching it in bed. she already thinks I'm obsessed. last time I commented I was at work and didn't want to get busted there either :) my favorite was the sideline catch at the pro day (I assume). no pads, but damn fine footwork. he knew where the sideline was. a lot of the clips proves the theory he's the kind of receiver that can take a quick slant to the house. can't wait to see him in the preseason.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 4 years, I think this guy could go down as best value in the draft. I was very excited when they picked him up. Has a lot of upside, tremendous talent, and from what it looks like a great work ethic. Good kid from a good family, that can be important. I truly believe he will be the #4 after pre season and ends up with 400-500 yards and 4-5 TD's on long balls. Could be a great vertical weapon that allows Nelson and Jones to do what they do best. Cobb would certainly benefit as well but Cobb may also be developing into their best WR.

Latest posts