Chargers!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I told you, man. They're the definition of Fair weather fans, not that it wasnt anything you didnt already know.

Loyalty, Pride....these things mean nothing to Chargers fans.

OP
OP
bozz_2006

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah dude. I understand being frustrated with the team, the players, coaches, administrators, all that. But you go 14-2 last year and have a rough start, and all of a sudden, as a fan, you look into the future and it's so bleak that you decide you don't like "your team" anymore. Unbelievable.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's gross. I'm sad that they disabled registration, or I'd be over there giving them a lesson or two. I've been a Packers fan in California since I was in the third grade.... You know what year was the defining year for me as a Packers fan? The year we went 4-12. That was the year I watched more Packers game than any other year, and followed the team more than I ever had. Hell I even went to Lambeau that year to watch Edinger beat the Pack at the last second of the game (still one of the greatest experiences of my life, though).

Anyways... the point of that is... if you can't stick by your team when they lose, you're not a true fan and you don't deserve to enjoy the wins. Fair weather fans make me sick.

OP
OP
bozz_2006

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you. the 4-12 season was a water-shed experience. It was sad. Our team was bad. our coaches were bad. our decision makers were bad. So, our players changed. our coaches changed. our decision makers changed. But I stayed the same. Packer fan. Forever.

Balls2TheWalls

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Comparing the Chargers to the Packers is like comparing apples to oranges. Teams that have been awful for so long, but suddenly become a powerhouse in the AFC are likely to have fans that enjoy only those amazing outcomes.

The Packers have similar fans that jumped ship during our 8-8 and 4-12 seasons after becoming spoiled by the amazing records that Brett Favre led us to. However, the fans from the 80s, and the fans that will root for their team regardless (the Chargers have those too, and you can see in those posts that there are fans that would not stop rooting for their team) are what makes a great franchise, and a great fanbase, great.

There is no doubt that the fans of the Green Bay Packers are the most loyal and the most outspoken about their love of the game. I do not expect the same from fans of any other team.

Here's to being a Green Bay Packer fan the rest of my life, no matter where I may roam.

ttsather

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair-weather fans disappoint me as much as anyone, but the context of that thread seems to be focused on leaving that forum, not ending loyalty and interest in the team.

I feel like it's a pretty big distinction. I can imagine that the forum in question (especially given it's on Scout) is a cesspool right now.

OP
OP
bozz_2006

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
look at the main page. It's littered with threads from fans jumping ship, and not just from the forum. Charger fans are falling off the bandwagon left and right.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OH MY GOD. what a bunch of sissy's. try being a lion's fan for christ's sake LOL. one play off win in the last 50 years. last championship was before there was a superbowl. losingest record in the NFL for the last 6 years. they aren't real fans. not by a long shot.

V

Vikeman

I told you, man. They're the definition of Fair weather fans, not that it wasnt anything you didnt already know.

Oh boy...is this anything like Packer fans walking out of the stadium in the 3rd quarter of a Monday night game against Tennessee 3 years ago? Not the 4th quarter but the middle of the 3rd. And not a few fans...half the stadium. I bet your one of the guys on here who wanted Macarthy fired right? Step off your high horse son...and I'll try this again with you tromadz...THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK! It's not a new concept.

V

Vikeman

OH MY GOD. what a bunch of sissy's. try being a lion's fan for christ's sake LOL. one play off win in the last 50 years. last championship was before there was a superbowl. losingest record in the NFL for the last 6 years. they aren't real fans. not by a long shot.

Nothing compares to being a Viking fan...NOTHING!

If you want proof I'll give it to you.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Oh boy...is this anything like Packer fans walking out of the stadium in the 3rd quarter of a Monday night game against Tennessee 3 years ago? Not the 4th quarter but the middle of the 3rd. And not a few fans...half the stadium. I bet your one of the guys on here who wanted Macarthy fired right? Step off your high horse son...and I'll try this again with you tromadz...THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK! It's not a new concept.

nice bait.

Nothing better than a stupid vikings fan(although thats kinda redundant).

Yeah, I wanted MM fired. Riiiiiight. I also wanted TT fired too while we're at it. Your stupid posts amuse me.

Keep in mind you're a Vikings fan. You have no right to speak. Realize it.

V

Vikeman

Fair-weather fans disappoint me as much as anyone, but the context of that thread seems to be focused on leaving that forum, not ending loyalty and interest in the team.

I feel like it's a pretty big distinction. I can imagine that the forum in question (especially given it's on Scout) is a cesspool right now.

This is an intelligent post. Well thought out recourse.

Fairweather fans are in nfl teams fanbase. I know two Packer ones myself. One of which called me just prior to yesterdays game and couldn't tell me the Packers centers name. Charger fans have a right to show their frustration. They went from an elite nfl team to a below average football team with little or no change in personnel. The only thing that has changed is Tubby Cotrell and Norv. I would be pissed too. It's like being upset with a girlfriend and saything something you don't mean. You know you will be back. So let's get off are high horses Packer nation.

V

Vikeman

Vikeman said:
tromadz said:

nice bait.

Yeah, I wanted MM fired. Riiiiiight. I also wanted TT fired too while we're at it. Your stupid posts amuse me.

Yes you are a Packers fan and I am a Vikings fan. That makes you more important then me in this world. Your opinion holds much more value. Did you suit up and play for the Packers this weekend? Or are you just a fan? Or are you living your life and building your self-esteem around a football team? Sounds like you are.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Vikeman said:
tromadz said:

nice bait.

Yes you are a Packers fan and I am a Vikings fan. That makes you more important then me in this world. Your opinion holds much more value.

Now you're getting it.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 4-12 season did a good job of weeding out those fair-weather fans. Every single team has them, and there are people jumping on the Packer bandwagon again, and people will jump back off after we get our first loss. It happens to every team. I seem to remember how pissed some people were after the draft this year. There was talk similar to whats on that Chargers board. Whats the point in arguing about it?

V

Vikeman

The 4-12 season did a good job of weeding out those fair-weather fans. Every single team has them, and there are people jumping on the Packer bandwagon again, and people will jump back off after we get our first loss. It happens to every team. I seem to remember how pissed some people were after the draft this year. There was talk similar to whats on that Chargers board. Whats the point in arguing about it?

Do you think you could convey this to Tromadz. It's no secret that the Packers have a much more older, larger, rooted fanbase then the Chargers, Vikings, etc. However calling out other teams for the same thing that goes on in your fanbase is borderline retarded. But then again so is Tromadz.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:

Do you think you could convey this to Tromadz. It's no secret that the Packers have a much more older, larger, rooted fanbase then the Chargers, Vikings, etc. However calling out other teams for the same thing that goes on in your fanbase is borderline retarded. But then again so is Tromadz.

About half the damn chargers fanbase is gone and the season is only 1\4th over.

That would NEVER happen with the packers.

What part of that is hard to understand? All of it? Makes sense, you ARE a vikings fan.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts