1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers v Broncos ejection at end of game

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by 4thand26, Nov 20, 2006.

1. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Did anyone see the ejection at the end of the denver v sd game?

Plummer spiked the ball to stop the clock. The D Tackle was just standing. Probably 2 full seconds after the spike, the denver center out of the blue lunged at the DT's knees. THe DT punched the center twice, and was ejected. IMO, an extremely dirty play by the center.

Just wondering if anyone else saw the play and what they thought.

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    yea that was funny stupid there

Center goes after the dudes knees on a spike and the Charger reacted even stupidier.

3. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Classic tactics of the "little man" in Denver. Dirtiest guy to ever coach a team.

4. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What good does it do to eject someone at the end of the game? Let him get to the showers to cool off sooner? Or do they need to have the ejection on record so the league would follow up with a fine?

5. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    What good would it to do allow him to continue playing? To let the thought that you can break the rules even with less than a minute to go?

You keep a hardline with rules to show precedent of them and that they need to be followed the entire 60 minutes of the game.

Thats my take on it ... :)

6. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why didn't the center get kicked out also??? The refs must have seen it, and it was not even close to within the bounds of a play...

7. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    It could have been a fake spike ala Dan Marino years ago. The center doesn't know what the QB is seeing or if hes gonna try that. Imagine the QB seeing a DB with his back towards the WR. Should he spike it or snap it? If he snaps it an the center lets his guy go through the middle the play is screwed.

I agree with the DT being ejected and I agree with the center being allowed to continue playing. His block was legal afterall.

8. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That and he never really even hit him at all but I can see why the DL was upset

9. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There is a rule that if a player is laying on the ground, you cant just nail him. I think that they call it 'giving yourself up'. Or something. The DT wasn't moving at all, had his hands down, and was defenseless, but he was standing and not on the ground.

I thought the play was bs, and as usual, the second guy gets caught.

What was your opinion on the Sapp hit vs CLifton?

10. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Like this play, it was unnecessary but legal. I felt bad for Clifton, but a legal hit is a legal hit. I'm not saying either was 'a class act'.

Football is a tought sport. If you can't handle it, go sign up for gymnastics. That's my take. I miss the days of football when you could hit people as hard as you wanted and not fear a penalty. I wasn't alive during those days. I did see some of the games on tape and lemme tell you. THAT was FOOTBALL!

11. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed.

Whenever I see highlites from the '85 bears, they were constantly knocking out qb's. I think that they took out 4-5 teams qb's. The hits that they were putting on the qb's would now almost all be penalties.

While the majority of people don't like the rule changes, they are to try and protect the player, which in effect is, protecting the product. Mostly the qb hits are what has changed. That is because nobody likes to watch the backup qb.

12. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

:noflame:

13. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good find 0. thx.